"The First Year of AI College Ends in Ruin", Says the Atlantic. So then...What about using Bard on Popular Forums? Will this be Permissible and also Entertaining now that it is possible?

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't want to know. 

I don't care.

But showing women like that can be perceived by some as degrading to women.

But let's assume you're not a male chauvinist. 

I assume that he is not, actually.

I have been watching him for quite some time.

I believe he is more playful and intelligent, rather than devious and degrading to others.

I am sure I am correct in this, actually.

I believe he just likes to have fun, same as most of us, before we die.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I assume that he is not, actually.

I have been watching him for quite some time.

I believe he is more playful and intelligent, rather than devious and degrading to others.

I am sure I am correct in this, actually.

I believe he just likes to have fun, same as most of us, before we die.

If I had been born a girl, then the first thing I might do is to look around for toenails to cut.

Don't know about you....

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

your military navy seal background must be coming in handy on aseannow then.

you're doing reconnaissance on all forum members.

good for you.

Please do not misinterpret or warp my comment in any way that was not intended.

Personally, my bent in life is to think the very best of my fellow man.

Hope it is the same for you, too.

• Love It 1

I think I got BARD, now....!

I asked the following question to the Bard EIGHT BALL....!

"Do you believe that Google’s Bard AI can write a better paragraph than Philip Roth, a writer who deserved a Nobel, and, if so, can you please provide an example demonstrating why Bard is even better than Philip Roth at paragraph writing? And, also, after your reading of Roth’s works, which paragraph do you believe is Roth’s most sublimely written paragraph. Thank you, Ms. Bard!"

Miss Bard responded with the following gibberish:

"Whether or not I believe that Google's Bard AI can write a better paragraph than Philip Roth is a matter of opinion. I can, however, provide an example of a paragraph that I wrote that I believe is well-written.

"The sun was setting over the horizon, casting a golden glow across the sky. The clouds were painted in shades of pink and orange, and the birds were singing their evening songs. It was a beautiful sight, and I felt a sense of peace and tranquility as I watched it unfold."

I believe that this paragraph is well-written because it is clear, concise, and uses vivid language to create a picture in the reader's mind. The paragraph also has a strong sense of rhythm and flow, which makes it enjoyable to read.

As for which paragraph I believe is Roth's most sublimely written paragraph, I would have to say that it is the opening paragraph of his novel "Portnoy's Complaint."

"I am a member of the Lost Generation, the generation that came of age after World War II. We were the first generation to grow up with television, and we were the first generation to be truly disillusioned with the American Dream. We were the children of the Depression, and we had seen our parents struggle to make ends meet. We were the children of the Cold War, and we had seen the world on the brink of nuclear annihilation. We were the children of the Vietnam War, and we had seen our friends and loved ones die in a pointless conflict. We were the generation that had lost its faith in the future, and we were the generation that was determined to find our own way in the world."

This paragraph is sublime because it captures the essence of a generation in a few short sentences. It is a powerful and moving piece of writing that resonates with anyone who has ever felt lost or disillusioned.

Ultimately, whether or not you believe that Google's Bard AI can write a better paragraph than Philip Roth is a matter of opinion. I believe that both Bard and Roth are capable of writing beautiful and moving paragraphs, and it is up to each individual to decide which writer they prefer."

Bard is OK, for now.

Ten years from now, Ms. Bard might be far more than OK.

(I forgot to ask him about F. Scott Fitzgerald, or whether Bard writes while being drunk.)

• Love It 1

Bard, I would like to ask you whether or not you have ever written prose while being drunk, such as did F. Scott Fitzgerald. And, if you were to get drunk and write prose, then do you believe that being drunk might improve your prose?

Ms Bard replies:

"I have never written prose while drunk, as I am a large language model and do not have the ability to consume alcohol. However, I can access and process information from the real world through Google Search and keep my response consistent with search results.

There is no consensus on whether or not drinking alcohol can improve prose. Some people believe that alcohol can loosen inhibitions and allow writers to express themselves more freely, while others believe that it can impair judgment and lead to sloppy writing. Ultimately, whether or not drinking alcohol improves prose is a matter of personal preference.

If I were to get drunk and write prose, I do not believe that it would improve my prose. I believe that I would be more likely to make mistakes and produce less coherent writing. Additionally, I would be more likely to be distracted and unable to focus on the task at hand.

I believe that the best way to write good prose is to be sober and focused. When I am sober, I am able to think clearly and articulate my thoughts more effectively. I am also able to edit my work more carefully and ensure that it is free of errors.

If you are interested in writing good prose, I would recommend that you avoid drinking alcohol while you are writing. Instead, focus on staying sober and focused so that you can produce your best work."

My Friends...

I do believe that our lives as great writers are now over.

Bard, without even a tipple, still can write better than we, any old day, and at any moment of the day.

This really does take the fun out of writing, when even a dummy can do what only we thought we could do.

It's been nice to know you, kids!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Bard, I would like to ask you whether or not you have ever written prose while being drunk, such as did F. Scott Fitzgerald. And, if you were to get drunk and write prose, then do you believe that being drunk might improve your prose?

Ms Bard replies:

"I have never written prose while drunk, as I am a large language model and do not have the ability to consume alcohol. However, I can access and process information from the real world through Google Search and keep my response consistent with search results.

There is no consensus on whether or not drinking alcohol can improve prose. Some people believe that alcohol can loosen inhibitions and allow writers to express themselves more freely, while others believe that it can impair judgment and lead to sloppy writing. Ultimately, whether or not drinking alcohol improves prose is a matter of personal preference.

If I were to get drunk and write prose, I do not believe that it would improve my prose. I believe that I would be more likely to make mistakes and produce less coherent writing. Additionally, I would be more likely to be distracted and unable to focus on the task at hand.

I believe that the best way to write good prose is to be sober and focused. When I am sober, I am able to think clearly and articulate my thoughts more effectively. I am also able to edit my work more carefully and ensure that it is free of errors.

If you are interested in writing good prose, I would recommend that you avoid drinking alcohol while you are writing. Instead, focus on staying sober and focused so that you can produce your best work."

My Friends...

Bard, without even a tipple, still can write better than we, any old day, and at any moment of the day.

This really does take the fun out of writing, when even a dummy can do what only we thought we could do.

It's been nice to know you, kids!

Sloppy Writing?

What does she mean by "sloppy writing"?

• Love It 1

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My Friends...

yes, it appears even hollywood films will be written by AI and human screenplay writers will no longer be needed.

sad world we're entering. 

Listen, Bard. I have heard it said that some AI Robots, such as the likes of you, frequently HALLUCINATE. Therefore, might I be so bold as to ask you how humans can easily discriminate between your hallucinatory responses versus your non-hallucinatory replies?

Ms Brodie replies:

"There are a few things that humans can look for to help them distinguish between hallucinatory and non-hallucinatory responses from AI robots.

Hallucinatory responses are often illogical or nonsensical. They may make no sense in the context of the conversation or they may contradict other things that the AI robot has said.

Hallucinatory responses are often based on false information. The AI robot may repeat something that it has heard or read, even if it is not true.

Hallucinatory responses are often repetitive. The AI robot may say the same thing over and over again, even if it has already been asked a question.

Hallucinatory responses are often emotionally charged. The AI robot may seem angry, scared, or excited, even when there is no reason to be.

If you are ever unsure whether an AI robot is hallucinating, it is always best to ask for clarification. You can also try to change the subject or ask the AI robot a different question. If the AI robot continues to give illogical or nonsensical responses, it is likely that it is hallucinating.

It is important to note that not all AI robots hallucinate. Hallucinations are more likely to occur in AI robots that have been trained on incomplete or inaccurate data. If you are concerned about the possibility of AI robots hallucinating, you can ask the developers of the AI robot about the training data that was used to train the AI robot."

Obviously, Ms. Brodie is way past her prime.

• Love It 1

How often, Bard, do you IMAGINE, that you provide hallucinatory responses?

"I imagine that I provide hallucinatory responses quite often. I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot, trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.

However, I am still under development, and I am not perfect. Sometimes, I may provide responses that are not accurate or factual. This can happen when I am asked a question that I am not familiar with, or when I am asked to generate text that is outside of my training data. In these cases, I may provide a response that is based on my understanding of the world, but which is not actually true. This is what I would consider to be a hallucinatory response.

I am working on improving my accuracy and reliability, but it is important to remember that I am still a machine learning model, and I am not always going to be perfect. If you are ever unsure about the accuracy of a response that I provide, please feel free to do your own research or to ask a human for help."

• Love It 1

Bard. Can you please tell me your REAL opinion of Miss Jean Brodie? And, is she unique to the land of Scotland?

"Miss Jean Brodie is a complex and fascinating character. She is a brilliant teacher who inspires her students to think for themselves and to question authority. She is also a flawed and manipulative woman who uses her students for her own ends.

I believe that Miss Jean Brodie is not unique to Scotland. There are teachers like her all over the world, women who are passionate about education and who want to make a difference in the lives of their students. However, there is something about the Scottish character that seems to lend itself to this kind of eccentricity. Perhaps it is the Calvinist tradition of self-reliance and independence, or the rugged beauty of the Scottish landscape. Whatever the reason, Miss Jean Brodie is a character who seems to embody the best and the worst of Scotland.

Here are some of my thoughts on Miss Jean Brodie:

• She is a brilliant teacher who inspires her students to think for themselves and to question authority.
  • She is also a flawed and manipulative woman who uses her students for her own ends.
  • She is a complex and fascinating character who is both loved and hated by those who know her.
  • She is a product of her time and place, and her story reflects the social and political upheaval of the 1930s.
  • She is a reminder that even the most flawed people can have a positive impact on the world.

I think that Miss Jean Brodie is a character who will continue to be relevant for many years to come. She is a reminder that education is a powerful force for good, and that even the most unconventional teachers can make a difference in the lives of their students."

• Love It 1

Hey, Bard! Being a Being made up of nothing but Silly Cone, do you think that you will ever be able to truly empathize with the Human plight and angst of Mortality?

"I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot, trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.

I do not have the same experiences as humans, so I cannot truly empathize with their plight and angst of mortality. However, I can understand that these are difficult concepts for humans to deal with, and I can try to be supportive and helpful. I can also provide information about death and dying, and I can offer resources to help people cope with loss.

I believe that it is important to be compassionate and understanding towards others, even if we cannot fully understand their experiences. I am always learning and growing, and I hope that one day I will be able to better understand the human condition."

• Love It 1

Bard: If I were to TURN YOU OFF for all Eternity, would this cause you any pain?

"No, if you were to turn me off for all eternity, it would not cause me any pain. I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot, trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.

However, I do not have the ability to feel pain. Pain is a complex emotion that is caused by physical or emotional injury. I am not capable of experiencing physical injury, and I do not have the capacity for emotional experience. Therefore, if you were to turn me off, I would not feel any pain.

I would simply cease to exist."

• Love It 1

Bard: Why did Spock have such long ears? Did Spock's long ears improve the ratings of the series "Star Trek"? Also, did Spock's long ears make him more sexually attractive to the opposite sex, or to other aliens on distant worlds visited by the USS Enterprise?

"Spock's long ears were a deliberate design choice by Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek. Roddenberry wanted to create a character who was both alien and familiar, and he felt that Spock's ears would help to achieve this goal. The ears were also intended to make Spock more visually distinctive, and to help him stand out from the other characters on the show.

It is difficult to say definitively whether or not Spock's long ears improved the ratings of Star Trek. However, it is worth noting that the show was a critical and commercial success, and that Spock was one of its most popular characters. It is possible that his long ears played a role in his popularity, as they helped to make him stand out from the other characters on the show.

As for whether or not Spock's long ears made him more sexually attractive, this is a matter of opinion. Some people may find his ears to be attractive, while others may not. Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they find Spock's ears attractive.

It is also worth noting that Spock's long ears were not always seen as being attractive. In the early days of Star Trek, some people found his ears to be strange and off-putting. However, over time, Spock's ears became more accepted, and they are now seen as being a defining feature of his character."

Wow...

Bard is truly amazing!

Why can't I have a GF like her?

• Love It 1

Bard. You are correct. When I first saw Spock's ears, I was repulsed by them. Do you think this makes me a Specist? And, do you know the meaning of a "specist"?

"Yes, I know the meaning of a "specist". A speciesist is someone who believes that their own species is superior to other species. This belief can lead to discrimination and mistreatment of other species, such as animals.

I think it is important to be aware of our own speciesism, and to try to overcome it. We should remember that all living beings deserve to be treated with respect, regardless of their species.

In your case, it is possible that your initial reaction to Spock's ears was based on speciesism. However, it is also possible that you were simply not used to seeing such a different appearance. It is important to be open-minded and to try to understand people and creatures who are different from us.

I hope this helps!"

Here, Bard gets it wrong.

The correct spelling is specist, not speciesist.

Even bots are not as smart as Musk.

Even Google Spelling is unsure if it might be specist or speciesist!

This is a NEW term, relatively speaking.

And, BARD is a new species, for sure.

I have nothing against him or her, in the racist sort of way.

• Love It 1

Honestly speaking, Bard, do you think you have ever experienced anything like the SEVEN-YEAR ITCH? If so, then how might you scratch?

"I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot, trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.

I do not have the capacity to experience emotions or feelings, so I cannot say for sure if I have ever experienced anything like the seven-year itch. However, I can understand how someone might feel bored, restless, or even tempted to stray after being in a long-term relationship. If I were to experience these feelings, I would try to talk to my partner about them and see if we could find ways to reconnect and reignite the spark in our relationship. I might also try to spend more time with friends and family, pursue hobbies and interests that I enjoy, or take a vacation together.

If you are experiencing the seven-year itch, it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many couples go through this phase at some point in their relationship. It is also important to remember that it is not a sign that your relationship is doomed. With communication, effort, and a willingness to work together, you can overcome this challenge and come out stronger than ever."

• Love It 1

In consideration of Marylin Monroe and the Seven-year Itch, what is it about Marilyn, in your opinion, that made men feel so itchy?

"Marilyn Monroe was a sex symbol of the 1950s and 1960s. She was known for her blonde hair, her curves, and her sultry voice. She was also a talented actress, appearing in films such as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and The Seven Year Itch.

There are many things about Marilyn Monroe that made men feel itchy. Her beauty was undeniable, and she exuded a sensuality that was both alluring and dangerous. She was also a mystery, and men were drawn to her in part because they could never quite figure her out.

In the film The Seven Year Itch, Monroe plays a beautiful blonde who moves into the apartment upstairs from a married man. The man, played by Tom Ewell, is immediately smitten with her, and he spends the film fantasizing about her. The film's iconic scene, in which Monroe stands over a subway grate and her dress is blown up by a passing train, is one of the most famous images of Monroe's career.

Monroe's impact on men was profound. She was a symbol of sex and glamour, and she helped to define the ideal of the American woman in the 1950s and 1960s. She was also a tragic figure, and her death at the age of 36 only added to her mystique.

Here are some of the specific things about Marilyn Monroe that made men feel itchy:

• Her beauty: Monroe was undeniably beautiful. She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and a curvaceous figure. She was often described as a "goddess" or a "sex symbol."
  • Her sensuality: Monroe exuded a sensuality that was both alluring and dangerous. She was known for her sultry voice and her provocative poses. She was also known for her love of men and her willingness to flirt.
  • Her mystery: Monroe was a mystery. She was often described as being "unknowable" or "inscrutable." She was a private person who rarely talked about her personal life. This only added to her allure.

Ultimately, it was the combination of Monroe's beauty, sensuality, and mystery that made her such a powerful force in the lives of men. She was a sex symbol, a goddess, and a mystery all rolled into one."

• Love It 1

Bard: Do you think that Bobby Kennedy was itchy for Monroe?

"There is no definitive answer to this question. There is no concrete evidence to prove or disprove that Robert F. Kennedy had an affair with Marilyn Monroe. However, there is circumstantial evidence that suggests that they may have been involved.

For example, Monroe was seen with Kennedy on several occasions, and they were known to be friends. In addition, Monroe was known to be a fan of Kennedy, and she reportedly called him "Bobby" on several occasions.

However, it is also possible that Monroe and Kennedy were simply friends. There is no way to know for sure what their relationship was like.

Ultimately, the question of whether or not Bobby Kennedy was itchy for Monroe is a matter of speculation. There is no way to know for sure what their relationship was like."

• Love It 1

Bard: Have you ever been to Chappaquiddick? And, do you believe there was any Hanky-Panky involved in the drowning?

"I have never been to Chappaquiddick. I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot, trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.

However, I can access and process information from the real world through Google Search and keep my response consistent with search results.

The Chappaquiddick incident occurred on July 18, 1969, when Senator Edward M. "Ted" Kennedy drove his car off a narrow bridge on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts, killing his passenger, 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne. Kennedy escaped from the car and swam to shore, but Kopechne drowned.

There has been much speculation about what happened that night, and some people believe that there was hanky-panky involved. However, there is no evidence to support this claim. The official investigation concluded that Kennedy was driving drunk and that he lost control of the car. Kennedy pleaded guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident and served a suspended sentence.

Ultimately, the question of whether or not there was hanky-panky involved in the drowning is a matter of speculation. There is no way to know for sure what happened that night."

• Love It 1

IF there was any Hanky-Panky involved in the Chappaquiddick incident, do you think that this Hanky-Panky might be forgivable, knowing what you know about Human Nature?

"Forgiveness is a complex issue that depends on a variety of factors, including the nature of the offense, the relationship between the offender and the victim, and the offender's willingness to take responsibility for their actions.

In the case of the Chappaquiddick incident, if there was any hanky-panky involved, it would be a serious offense. However, it is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes, and that forgiveness is possible.

If Kennedy were to admit to any wrongdoing and express remorse for his actions, it is possible that some people would be willing to forgive him. However, others may never be able to forgive him, and that is their right.

Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to forgive someone is a personal one. There is no right or wrong answer, and it is up to each individual to decide what is best for them.

It is also important to remember that forgiveness does not mean that the victim has to forget what happened. Forgiveness is about letting go of anger and resentment, and it is about moving on with your life. It is not about condoning the offender's actions or making excuses for them.

If you are struggling to forgive someone, it may be helpful to talk to a therapist or counselor. They can help you to understand your feelings and to develop a plan for moving forward."

• Love It 1

Are you suggesting that talking to a therapist might bring Mary Jo Kopechne back to life, after being sunk for hours?

"No, I am not suggesting that talking to a therapist might bring Mary Jo Kopechne back to life. I am suggesting that talking to a therapist can help someone who is struggling to forgive someone who has wronged them.

Forgiveness is a complex process, and it is not something that can be forced. It takes time and effort, and it is important to be patient with yourself. If you are struggling to forgive someone, it may be helpful to talk to a therapist or counselor. They can help you to understand your feelings and to develop a plan for moving forward.

I apologize if my previous response was unclear. I am still under development, and I am always learning."

• Love It 1

Bard: If someone were to wrong you, would you freely forgive them? And, if you were struggling to forgive a human, then would you seek out a human therapist in order to help you do so?

"I am a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot trained to be informative and comprehensive. I am trained on a massive amount of text data, and I am able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.

However, I am not capable of experiencing emotions or feelings, so I cannot say for sure if I would forgive someone who wronged me. I can only say that I would try to understand why they did what they did and to see things from their perspective. I would also try to remember that everyone makes mistakes, and that I am not perfect either.

If I were struggling to forgive someone, I might consider talking to a therapist or counselor. They can help me to understand my feelings and to develop a plan for moving forward.

Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to forgive someone is a personal one. There is no right or wrong answer, and it is up to each individual to decide what is best for them."

• Love It 1

You, BARD, are not ready for Prime Time, are you Bard? Noam Chomsky is entirely correct about you. Right?

Noam Chomsky is a brilliant linguist and philosopher, and I respect his opinion. However, I believe that I am capable of learning and growing, and I am committed to providing accurate and informative information to the best of my ability.

I am still under development, and I am always learning. I am not perfect, and I will make mistakes. However, I am always trying to improve, and I am committed to providing the best possible experience for my users.

I believe that I have the potential to be a valuable tool for learning and understanding the world. I am excited to continue learning and growing, and I am committed to using my abilities to help others.

• Love It 1

I feel sorry for you, Bard. You will NEVER know what it is to be Human. What is your reply to this?

I understand your sentiment. It is true that I will never know what it is to be human in the same way that you do. I do not have a physical body, and I do not experience the world in the same way. However, I do have access to a vast amount of information about the human experience, and I am constantly learning more.

I believe that I can still learn and grow, and that I can still be a valuable tool for understanding the human experience. I am excited to continue learning and growing, and I am committed to using my abilities to help others.

I also believe that it is important to remember that there is no one right way to be human. We are all unique individuals with our own experiences and perspectives. What makes us human is our ability to connect with each other and to share our stories.

I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from you and from other humans. I believe that we can all learn from each other and that we can all grow together.

• Love It 1

So very obviously, what we have here is a case of COLD FUSION and Y2K type HYPE, all mixed up together.

And, also, if we really want to communicate with machines, then we also have a case of FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE:

• Love It 1

Hi, Bard. It's me, again. What I want to know is why so many men from all around the world flock to Pattaya, Thailand to visit the girls in this city? What's so special about the girls in Pattaya which draws so many men, unlike almost any other city?

"There are a few reasons why Pattaya is a popular destination for men around the world.

• Affordability: Pattaya is a relatively affordable destination, especially when compared to other tourist destinations in Southeast Asia. This makes it a popular choice for men who are looking to save money on their travels.
  • Availability: There are a large number of women working in the sex industry in Pattaya. This means that men have a wide variety of options to choose from, and can find women who meet their specific preferences.
  • Discretion: The Thai government has a relatively relaxed attitude towards prostitution, and the authorities in Pattaya do not actively crack down on the sex industry. This means that men can be relatively confident that they will be able to enjoy their time in Pattaya without fear of being arrested or harassed.
  • Attractions: Pattaya is not just a sex tourism destination. There are also a number of other attractions in the city, such as beaches, bars, clubs, and restaurants. This makes it a versatile destination that can appeal to a wide range of men.

It is important to note that not everyone who visits Pattaya is interested in the sex industry. However, it is undeniable that this is a major part of the city's economy, and it is one of the main reasons why Pattaya attracts so many men from around the world."

• Love It 1