Bangkok Bank London Branch

I have a Bankok Bank acc. here in Thailand but would like to open one at the London Branch as I understand this can make it easy to transfer money to here.

Anyone know the process particularly if I can do it online as I live in Esaan and the brances here have no idea about international banking.

Any help much appreciated.

I have been using  Bangkok  bank London for years.

I transfer from HSBC to bkb London. Then to Hua Hin.

Do a search there are 2 accounts numbers ending in 100 or 200. One sends in GBP to Thailand the other use UK exchange rate.

You will have to supply Thai bkb account number and they will issue code with this number plus in my case my initials.

Never had problem money in Thailand  next  day holidays excepted. 

Chas

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Chaspul said:

Do a search there are 2 accounts numbers ending in 100 or 200. One sends in GBP to Thailand the other use UK exchange rate.

You will have to supply Thai bkb account number and they will issue code with this number plus in my case my initials.

Chas

Thanks. That's my idea too. My Santander acc wants me to walk into thier office to do an international transfer and do the conversion themselves at crazy rates.

Can I open a London BB acc online?

26 minutes ago, Chaspul said:

Chas

Also which acc number sends in Pounds?

Bangkok bank in the UK is not a branch of Bangkok bank Thailand. It is a separate UK bank, with a UK banking license/registration etc. No different to any other UK bank, just way less branches.

There is no advantage transferring to Thailand etc, in fact it will probably be harder as no online banking, or a local branch etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually went into the London branch in St Mary's Axe a few years ago and asked about sending money through them to my BKK Bank account here in Thailand.

If I recall correctly, they wanted to see the original passbook before even considering it. Which of course I didn't have with me.

Much easier using Wise.

Edited by phetphet

2 hours ago, somo said:

Can I open a London BB acc online?

Bangkok Bank London do not open personal accounts.  You have to register with them for the transfer service and the requirements are in the link given above.  You need to show proof of a UK address which could be difficult for many.  As said, use a money transfer company - much easier, quicker and cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

No different to any other UK bank, just way less branches.

Not really as it, as far as I know, doesn't actually deal with personal retail accounts - it is a commercial bank.

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

Bangkok Bank London do not open personal accounts. 

Thanks you beat me to it. Been discussed to death over the years here but keeps coming up

3 hours ago, Chaspul said:

Chas

You have a fully operational retail, current account in your name with BBL London and all the usual banking facilities, which is what the OP is asking about?   Or do you mean that when you transfer from HSBC they use BBL London for the transfer?

It is my understanding that any "branch" of any Thailand bank based in the West is only a correspondence branch which processes activities that are commercially oriented, not personal banking activities.  So, as is the London branch the same as the New York City branch.  You can find this information on the Bangkok Bank website.