Retire ext of stay to extension for teaching

Extension based on retirement completed dec 26 2022 at Immigration.  Did the 90 day reports etc. Now would like to change to Non B (or extension for working, not sure of terminology) at immigration.  As I understand it I can do it in country, my school says I have to go to Laos.  Information would be appreciated a link would be fantastic. Any info I found didn't come right out and say what needed to be done.  
Thanks in advance

For the definitive answer, ask Immigration. However, based on the experience of a friend, albeit working with a recalcitrant Nong Khai immigration, I have a feeling that the school is correct and getting a new visa is required and/or easiest. I am pretty sure a Retirement Extension cannot easily be converted in-country to enable work but willing to be enlightened by any who have managed it. Again, it's important to state where any conversion was done as different offices do tend to enforce 'rules' arbitrarily.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Take note of first reply from ubonjoe.....

Dang it. 
I forgot about the WP letter then immi then back to labour office.  So the first ones to convince would be the labour office. Slim chance I think.  
 Appreciate the response DrJack. 

• Thumbs Up 1