Chong chom border bounce

Hi I am thinking of doing a same day border bounce at chong chom or somewhere geographicanlly close to kill off my OA visa extension then convert to non O retirement at local IO . Has anyone gone through this process recently at this checkpoint and experienced any problems. What documents ,cash ,etc are  needed many thanks

Historically, that has been one of the best and most relaxed Cambodia border crossings.

Recently, other Cambodia crossings have become a lot more iffy than in the past though, and I haven't seen any recent reports from Chong Chom. So depending on how much more trouble it is for you travel-wise, it might be a good idea to consider crossing into Laos instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

After considering my options I decided to do the chong chom border run to kill off my OA visa returning 30 days visa exempt and apply local IO for 90 day O visa based on retirement bad  choices!!!!!!!!!!

The border, run was fine done in 30 minutes no problems.

Next went to local IO 3 days later with all documents in place or so I thought, The farang before me asked  office supervisor if he could get a visa there and he was told yes just bring the relevant documents which he wrote out for him no mention of home photos or visit, I am not sure which visa was requested but the list related to a non O based on retirement I went next with all my documents for Non O based on retirement same guy he checked the docs then checked my passport shook his head and said go Laos you have no problems with these document's in Laos. if you want visa here big problems have to provide photos of home with woman and we need t.o do home visit visa take 2 months.Go LAOS?

Thanks very much IO for the help so later ime off to LAOS.

Edited by supermac

7 minutes ago, supermac said:

he checked the docs then checked my passport shook his head and said go Laos you have no problems with these document's in Laos. if you want visa here big problems have to provide photos of home with woman and we need t.o do home visit visa take 2 months.Go LAOS?

Immigration officer is a nutter.

Which immigration office. 

Hello I have read all the theories as to why my application was refused and I think the reason was I live 90 km from the office and they couldn't be bothered to do the home visit nothing else, just unlucky but infuriating and I know it is at the IO discretion so just be aware before making your choice. Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/3/2023 at 2:18 PM, supermac said:

After considering my options I decided to do the chong chom border run to kill off my OA visa returning 30 days visa exempt and apply local IO for 90 day O visa based on retirement bad  choices!!!!!!!!!!

Next went to local IO 3 days later with all documents in place or so I thought, The farang before me asked  office supervisor if he could get a visa there and he was told yes just bring the relevant documents which he wrote out for him no mention of home photos or visit, I am not sure which visa was requested but the list related to a non O based on retirement I went next with all my documents for Non O based on retirement same guy he checked the docs then checked my passport shook his head and said go Laos you have no problems with these document's in Laos. if you want visa here big problems have to provide photos of home with woman and we need t.o do home visit visa take 2 months.Go LAOS?

is the unofficial Cambodian  charge for a same day return to Thailand still 300 baht or has it increased, Its a few years since I visited Chong Chom / O'smach

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2023 at 2:18 PM, supermac said:

Expand  

is the unofficial Cambodian  charge for a same day return to Thailand still 300 baht or has it increased, Its a few years since I visited Chong Chom / O'smach

They charged me 500 

• Like 1