Recommendations for wireless transmitter/receiver setup for electric guitar and amp

connda

I've got a couple of electric guitars as well as a Fender Mustang LT-25 amp.  I'd really like to ditch the cables and go wireless.  Has anyone gone wireless and if so what setup can you recommend?  I do not need high-end fidelity as my ears are damaged enough that I couldn't pick out the subtle ranges anymore if I wanted to.  This all is just a practice rig. 
So looking for modest price and modest performance.  Thanks.

Edited by connda

Most musicians use a wireless system because they are leaping around on a massive stage set.

For simply practising in your bedroom, stick with a jack to jack cable, guaranteed to work.

Or ditch the amp, which you admit you cannot hear it's subtle tones. Get an audio interface for your PC/Lappy, and save your neighbour the pain of your meanderings by using headphones. Cakewalk by Bandlab is a totally FREE DAW with loads of effects.

Edited by KannikaP

I've been looking around this evening and found this one that looks pretty good for the price.  1200 THB and change.  Found a couple of videos regarding Ammoon wireless pairs.  This looks like it will do the job.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000540465709.html

@KannikaP I really hate the cables.  Trip hazards and always in the way.  Plus I like the amp a lot.  It really is a great practice amp for the money.  And I don't play loud enough to bother anyone.  When I do, I don a set of good quality earphones.  That headphone cable is a PITA as well.  <laughs>

Edited by connda

7 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Just buy a set on lazda, its not expensive and try them out. Its what I did.

Yeah, I going with the Ammoom AM 5G Wireless.  The reviews I've read/watched convinced me these are good enough.

7 minutes ago, connda said:

I've been looking around this evening and found this one that looks pretty good for the price.  1200 THB and change.  Found a couple of videos regarding Ammoon wireless pairs.  This looks like it will do the job.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000540465709.html

@KannikaP I really hate the cables.  Trip hazards and always in the way.  Plus I like the amp a lot.  It really is a great practice amp for the money.  And I don't play loud enough to bother anyone.  When I do, I don a set of good quality earphones.  That headphone cable is a PITA as well.  <laughs>

Come on, there's only ONE cable, guitar to amp. I played professionally for 50 years with a cable and never tripped once....well not over the cable! Did you ever see the Beatles go wireless?

I can guarantee that you will get so many problems that after a few months you will ditch the cheapo wireless system and go back to the good old cable. Good enough for Hank Marvin, good enough for me!

Do you remember curly leads (The title of a Shadows album). What a pain.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thumbs Up 1

As Jeff Beck once said, "I don't use wireless as it changes my sound". 

Various things to consider, Analogue or Digital, if you're using effects, then you might experience some latency. 

There's the famous scene in Spinal Tap when the local Taxi company comes through the guitar amp. This was based on an incident with UFO playing the De Monfort Hall in Leicester in the mid / late 70's.

As KannikaP said above, unless you're the energetic stage playing type, i.e. it's about the show, not the sound, I would stick to cable. 

Even Nils Lofgren when doing his trampoline antics, still used a cabled guitar.

I use the original Line 6 G10. Not cheap, but works great with no noticeable latency nor dropouts. I'm old, so doubt I could blindly notice the audio difference cable vs wireless anymore. 

I agree, every long cable removed from my computer, modeler, mixer, speaker/headphones, and guitar is a welcome subtraction. 

Someone integrating all of the above, wireless modeler with SD card for backing tracks and wireless low latency inears/headphones/speaker could make a killing. Optionally, totally battery powered for the slam dunk. 

Rock on! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, connda said:

Yeah, I going with the Ammoom AM 5G Wireless.  The reviews I've read/watched convinced me these are good enough.

Recieved the Ammoom AM 5G Wireless transmitter/receiver set today.  Great.  I love them.  ❤️

• Thumbs Up 1