Canabis - How to start?

Before weed might perhaps become illegal again, I want to give it a try. But I have no experience. I also don't want to spend a lot as long-term smoking isn't what I want and the alternatives like edibles aren't to my liking either. So maybe I'll just try it a few times and therefore don't want to invest too much.

My idea is to buy a glass pipe. Or should I buy ready made joints? Then I need cheap weed. I have no idea what you can do with 1 gram. Is that the amount needed for a joint? And where is a good, cheap source that can be trusted perhaps even here at my location in Central Pattaya?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Buy a pre-roll from one of the shops. No reason to spend more than 100 baht for a gram pre-roll. There should be shops offering pre-rolls of green crack or some other outdoor strain. These are not as potent and will not blow your head off. 

Smoke a few puffs and put it out, wait to see how you feel. If you want more then re-light and smoke more.

DO NOT support rip off dispensaries by paying 500 baht a gram. 

Good advice!

I would add: After smoking, listen to music you like. It might be a very nice experience.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you all for your responses. Some questions still remain ????

Approximately how many grams does a pre-roll contain? I simply want to get an idea how much more I pay for a pre-roll - 10, 50, 100,... percent more than for the weed alone in such a pre-roll? 

How much does a typical joint cost and any things I have to look for? 

Are there any good shops here in Central Pattaya? I see very many. But I don't know where I don't get ripped off. 

What is a good online source for people that don't need much quantity. I don't have a card for payment. So other payment methods should be possible. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If you buy crap weed you're not really trying what weed is these days 

They might sell me crap weed for the price of good weed. How do I know this? The might sell me weed mixed with whatever. How do I know that? This is why I asked for good sources. Of course I will avoid all sources without a fixed address ????.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

If you buy crap weed you're not really trying what weed is these days 

heed your own words my friend. offers have been made to you on trying what weed really is these days but have been met with a cold shoulder. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Thank you all for your responses. Some questions still remain ????

Approximately how many grams does a pre-roll contain? I simply want to get an idea how much more I pay for a pre-roll - 10, 50, 100,... percent more than for the weed alone in such a pre-roll? 

How much does a typical joint cost and any things I have to look for? 

Are there any good shops here in Central Pattaya? I see very many. But I don't know where I don't get ripped off. 

What is a good online source for people that don't need much quantity. I don't have a card for payment. So other payment methods should be possible. 

The shops in the north sell fancy flower for 300-500 baht a gram or pre rolls of Thai weed for around 100 baht a joint. Usually it's about a gram in there. I'd imagine it's similar in Pattaya. 

I recommend starting with the Thai weed, it's a lot more beginner friendly. No reason smoking some high THC strain the first time.

Just ask for Thai weed (Thai stick) or green crack. Most of the shops should have it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Just ask for Thai weed (Thai stick) or green crack. Most of the shops should have it. 

@Mickeymaus

Agree with the above, get a pre-rolled or 2, Thai Stick (Squirrel Tail) or Green Crack.   Inexpensive compared to the 500 baht & up buds per gr.

They should be about 15-22% THC, and the pretty, high end buds are all of, 18-25% THC ... maybe, as nothing is tested or certified, that I know of, so why pay silly prices.  Not a whole lot of difference.   I smoke about 1/2 gr at a time.  Have little to no tolerance, since I smoke very infrequently.

Smoke half a doobie, if nothing after 15 ish minutes, smoke the other half.  If still nothing, finish your beer or cocktail, and smoke another in 30 minutes.

Still if nothing, you may be one of those rare people, it just doesn't affect.  Or that first half you smoked, will be plenty, like myself.   I could smoke the whole thing, but that would be a waste, as I know I'm nodding off in a couple hours anyway, since I only smoke at night.

Don't know what the pre-rolls weigh, but would think at least 0.5gr.  My doobies, some consider large, and come in at 1 gr.  If it looks close to the size of a store bought tobacco cig, then it will be close to 1 gr.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

@Mickeymaus

Still if nothing, you may be one of those rare people, it just doesn't affect.  

What I tried so far is using it with food. A Thai friend gave me leaves and I use them for food. What I didn't know at the beginning was that I have to heat it at a certain temperature and for a certain time. This works. 

https://weedmaps.com/learn/products-and-how-to-consume/decarboxylation-temperature-chart

Xcv.jpg

i didn't see it mentioned but the most important thing to know is whether its a sativa or indica strain.

sativa is a head high - new thoughts, energy, alertness, paranoid. sativa is good for a day out on the beach or in the garden.

indica - couch lock, full body relaxation, great for watching tv or sleeping.

every cannabis shop will have pre-rolls (about 1/2g) and they will tell you whether its sativa or indica.

as mentioned, it never hurts to smoke with a friend in the beginning. most people don't get high the first time, so you'll probably have to do it twice.

good luck and welcome to higher thinking!

#

indica-vs-sativa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Grind a small amount with your fingernails. Add it to black coffee, or ginger tea, drink it as normal, then wait 20 - 30 minutes, and you'll feel happier, and more relaxed.
Don't believe those who say this doesn't work. I've been consuming Cannabis this way since June last year. Works fine for me!

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Will I do things I normally wouldn't do? I don't want to end up here as another farang gone insane.

I've never heard of anyone, personally, that hallucinated on ganga.   THC is not that kind of drug, nor can you get anything close to the potency to induce hallucinations.  Not something you need to worry about.

Suspect those that think they had hallucinations from ganga, where actually smoking 'angel dust' with or without ganga.   That 'dust' is PCP, a powerful horse tranquilizer, and can actually be fun, no hallucinations though, but I would not recommend anyone using, especially older folks.  I've personally seen that send a few people to the hospital.  One of the more powerful and dangerous drugs when I grew up, aside from heroin.

Has a very distinctive taste, and only a novice would not recognize it.  Again, something you don't need to worry about here, especially buying from shops here.  I've never even heard it available here.   Maybe at full moon parties, though more the MDA, LSD crowd.

After you indulge, try to download or watch on YT, if available, 'Reefer Madness', and you'll realize hos silly it is.

TBH, you'll going to think ... 'that's it, what's all the ganga talk about, that was it'

The hype is far better than reality.  Especially first time smoking.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I've never heard of anyone, personally, that hallucinated on ganga.   THC is not that kind of drug, nor can you get anything close to the potency to induce hallucinations.  Not something you need to worry about.

Suspect those that think they had hallucinations from ganga, where actually smoking 'angel dust' with or without ganga.   That 'dust' is PCP, a powerful horse tranquilizer, and can actually be fun, no hallucinations though, but I would not recommend anyone using, especially older folks.  I've personally seen that send a few people to the hospital.  One of the more powerful and dangerous drugs when I grew up, aside from heroin.

Has a very distinctive taste, and only a novice would not recognize it.  Again, something you don't need to worry about here, especially buying from shops here.  I've never even heard it available here.   Maybe at full moon parties, though more the MDA, LSD crowd.

Weed can induce hallucinations if you've been a user of hallucinogenics such as LSD, mushrooms, etc.  Weed reaction is very personal depending on your history, brain chemistry etc. In the case of this beginner, I agree, it won't happen and even if it did which it won't, it can be great fun. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Weed can induce hallucinations if you've been a user of hallucinogenics such as LSD, mushrooms, etc.  Weed reaction is very personal depending on your history, brain chemistry etc. In the case of this beginner, I agree, it won't happen and even if it did which it won't, it can be great fun. 

NO, weed can not induce hallucinations.

Don't know if that's a miss print 'can be fun', or should have been 'can not be fun'.   As it definitely depends on the person.   True hallucinations, seeing something that is not there.  We're not talking colors or trails, but true and total hallucinations.

They can be very scary to some people, and cause permanent damage.   I personally loved them, and LSD was my stimulant of choice.

NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, AND NOBODY SHOULD EXPERIMENT WITH LSD

It can be a very dangerous drug.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Whatever else you do , DO NOT drink any alcohol or get tipsy before you take your first smoke unless you want to spend the rest of the evening with your head down the khazi  examining what you have eaten for the past couple of meals.

definitely smoke first drink later.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

First time users often have odd reactions. Like they might feel nothing when an experienced user would. Next time, they probably will. Something about how it interacts with your specific brain chemistry.

Along with 'expectations' as the way people talk about it on the forum, you'd think it was something special.  It's not, but can be very relaxing and therapeutic.  

You'll enjoy listening to your favorite music, and eating your favorite sweet tooth choices.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

NO, weed can not induce hallucinations.

Don't know if that's a miss print 'can be fun', or should have been 'can not be fun'.   As it definitely depends on the person.   True hallucinations, seeing something that is not there.  We're not talking colors or trail, but true and total hallucinations.

They can be very scary to some people, and cause permanent damage.   I personally loved them, and LSD was my stimulant of choice.

NOT AN ENDORSEMENT, AND NOBODY SHOULD EXPERIMENT WITH LSD

It can be a very dangerous drug.

Sorry you are not everyone. I know you're wrong.

• Haha 1