Canabis - How to start?

45 minutes ago, MrMuddle said:

Grind a small amount with your fingernails. Add it to black coffee, or ginger tea, drink it as normal, then wait 20 - 30 minutes, and you'll feel happier, and more relaxed.
Don't believe those who say this doesn't work. I've been consuming Cannabis this way since June last year. Works fine for me!

You don't do the so called "Decarboxylation" mentioned before? Try it. It really made a difference. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

You don't do the so called "Decarboxylation" mentioned before? Try it. It really made a difference. 

Somebody found this statement above funny. Does this Decarboxylation if you want to use weed for food not make sense? If you smoke it then it is not necessary. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Somebody found this statement above funny. Does this Decarboxylation if you want to use weed for food not make sense? If you smoke it then it is not necessary. 

thc and thc-a are totally different chemicals. it makes total sense as decarbing is needed to activate the chemical and strip the acid. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

No, it's too time consuming. I don't eat it anyway, the grains are left in the bottom of the cup after I've drank it.

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I want to buy a cheap glass pipe. There are so many different ones - see image 1. If I buy one like the one in image 2, does that make sense or are there better options?

16849983720411.jpg

16849983437620.jpg

i highly recommend staying away from the drugs used in these kind of glass pipes. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Those are NOT for smoking weed 

I think they are for oil. But I looked at Lazada. I can't find any others. Where can I buy a cheap pipe? But I found pre-rolled cones. Perhaps I better start with them. 

6 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Leaves are so close to zero percent THC it's not worth it.

They were free ????. But when I cook with it, I have slight balance problems. The mood doesn't change much. In the beginning I took way too much and couldn't walk anymore. But I didn't feel any mood swing. I was also completely clear in my head. There were only severe balance disorders. I never had such a feeling before.

22 hours ago, roietfortress said:

i didn't see it mentioned but the most important thing to know is whether its a sativa or indica strain.

sativa is a head high - new thoughts, energy, alertness, paranoid. sativa is good for a day out on the beach or in the garden.

indica - couch lock, full body relaxation, great for watching tv or sleeping.

every cannabis shop will have pre-rolls (about 1/2g) and they will tell you whether its sativa or indica.

as mentioned, it never hurts to smoke with a friend in the beginning. most people don't get high the first time, so you'll probably have to do it twice.

good luck and welcome to higher thinking!

#

indica-vs-sativa.jpg

Not really so true. The meaning of these terms has become a distorted bit of bro science. Indica and sativa are more referring to the plant's morphology. Harvest early, more THC. Wait a bit and CBD becomes more dominant. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Not really so true. The meaning of these terms has become a distorted bit of bro science. Indica and sativa are more referring to the plant's morphology. Harvest early, more THC. Wait a bit and CBD becomes more dominant. 

i think you mean cbn maybe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I think they are for oil. But I looked at Lazada. I can't find any others. Where can I buy a cheap pipe? But I found pre-rolled cones. Perhaps I better start with them. 

Are you a smoker?

If not, you are going to find pre-rolls as rough as houses. I don’t need to tell you that they won’t be putting their best weed into them. More likely ‘trim’ or even tobacco added. Maybe best for those who already smoke cigarettes. 
You can probably pick something up cheaply(Mini bong?) at a local market. I guess 250 baht upwards. Take a look around the Made In Thailand complex. That’s where I bought one when I wanted to try it. Though, actually it’s still sitting in it’s box unopened. 
You can buy weed at the local markets.  You used to be able to buy 100 baht packs at the Bua Khao market near Pattaya Tai. 
Start with a strain such as ST1(Squirrel Tail/Hang Kra Rog) It’s balanced and not too strong. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

Are you a smoker?

If not, you are going to find pre-rolls as rough as houses. I don’t need to tell you that they won’t be putting their best weed into them. More likely ‘trim’ or even tobacco added. Maybe best for those who already smoke cigarettes. 
You can probably pick something up cheaply(Mini bong?) at a local market. I guess 250 baht upwards. Take a look around the Made In Thailand complex. That’s where I bought one when I wanted to try it. Though, actually it’s still sitting in it’s box unopened. 
You can buy weed at the local markets.  You used to be able to buy 100 baht packs at the Bua Khao market near Pattaya Tai. 
Start with a strain such as ST1(Squirrel Tail/Hang Kra Rog) It’s balanced and not too strong. 

The cones at Lazada are empty.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pre-rolled-cones-white-78-mm-15-30-50-100-cones-i4642632050-s19080112092.html?dsource=share&laz_share_info=507488015_100_100_9814418_507488015_null&laz_token=3f62af67281ea9f5a41b6ea045fff9ac&exlaz=e_iqeJxmuQOjPGip8qo24MCSTeQCjDld4siVQ4kY1ODqrCXvTKdNAtBb55%2BgIiSkmNnXkPoNuoMIIpR8IEI%2FLi1U0sC6tUOx2TD3WnASIas1Y%3D&sub_aff_id=social_share&sub_id2=507488015&sub_id3=9814418&sub_id6=CPI_EXLAZ

No, I am no longer a smoker. It took me a while to quit tobacco. Wasn't easy. So I just want to try before maybe they change the laws. Just that I had this experience.

I will go to some of the many cannabis shops here in Central Pattaya just to get an idea. Somebody told me a (hopefully) good online source for weed already. At least the prices seem to be acceptable. Will order there first. Will look for pipes, grinder and other things at the markets. I think this is a good idea to look there and I have something to do.

2 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

The cones at Lazada are empty.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/pre-rolled-cones-white-78-mm-15-30-50-100-cones-i4642632050-s19080112092.html?dsource=share&laz_share_info=507488015_100_100_9814418_507488015_null&laz_token=3f62af67281ea9f5a41b6ea045fff9ac&exlaz=e_iqeJxmuQOjPGip8qo24MCSTeQCjDld4siVQ4kY1ODqrCXvTKdNAtBb55%2BgIiSkmNnXkPoNuoMIIpR8IEI%2FLi1U0sC6tUOx2TD3WnASIas1Y%3D&sub_aff_id=social_share&sub_id2=507488015&sub_id3=9814418&sub_id6=CPI_EXLAZ

No, I am no longer a smoker. It took me a while to quit tobacco. Wasn't easy. So I just want to try before maybe they change the laws. Just that I had this experience.

I will go to some of the many cannabis shops here in Central Pattaya just to get an idea. Somebody told me a (hopefully) good online source for weed already. At least the prices seem to be acceptable. Will order there first. Will look for pipes, grinder and other things at the markets. I think this is a good idea to look there and I have something to do.

Try the market firstly for when it comes to smoking apparatus.  I understand about the cones, but they will still be harsh on the lungs and the smoke too hot. Honestly, the bigger the bong, the better. Not sure how much they are charging for bamboo bongs streetside.

Many markets will sell you ten grams of Green Crack/Thai Skunk/Squirrel Tail for 250 baht. Saw similar at Jomtien Big Market.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peabody said:

i'm not sure i understand what you are talking about. i didn't mention thc or cbd? i mentioned two very general types of cannabis. i didn't even mention hybrids. what i posted is very basic and common knowledge.

i think you are trying to make a point about quality standards? its unrelated to whether a strain is sativa or indica.

if the seller has accurate strain names, you can google it to find out if its a sativa or indica. whether there's any thc, that's a problem for someone else to post about.

#

On 5/25/2023 at 11:13 PM, Peabody said:

Tell me you're not a grower without telling me you're not a grower.  ????

no, we grew 3 horrible squirrel bushes last year in the back 40. they were huge but unsmokeable.

i don't grow food or weed in Thailand. they are both cheap enough for me to afford.

if you don't understand the very basics of weed identification, its okay. that's why we're here ????

i used sativa to write this post. if i used indica, i probably would have forgot that i read your reply.

#

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a disappointing experience this weed smoking. My pipe and bong (a water pipe - see picture) I bought at markets here in Pattaya - thank you @NextG for the hint. You get them in shops too but more expensive. The pipe I bought at this big Night Market in Jomtien for discounted 250. The green bong I bought at this Made in Thailand market in Central Pattaya also for discounted 250. There are not many shops selling this. At the market in Central Pattaya was only 1 shop. In Jomtien it didn't look better. The weed I bought online.

I was a very havy smoker for very many years but could quitt about 20 years ago ????????????. I started with the pipe and had severe problems with smoking. The lungs hurt and I had to cough. So I bought the bong in the hope that it will be better. No, pretty much the same negative experience. So smoking is not an option for me. The rest of the weed I will decarboxylate in the oven and use it for food.

Did I get high? Not much, but I couldn't smoke longer in one session. But it had a huge impact if I smoked a litte bit and drank beer afterwards. After 2 beer I had the feeling that I drank at least 4 already. 

Weed.jpg

Bong.jpg

• Sad 1