Public advised to keep their guard up as COVID-19 resurges

webfact

5 hours ago, rabang said:

But it is you who is defining what basic measures should be. The world has moved on from wearing masks everywhere, if Thailand remains the only refuge for people like you, just stay there please.

Nope, it's experts deciding what basic precautions are, not me. Viruses are very small you see, what would I know about them. I just listen to the experts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, ozimoron said:

Nope, it's experts deciding what basic precautions are, not me. Viruses are very small you see, what would I know about them. I just listen to the experts.

Theres a danger here between being seen to be socially responsible, and politicizing the issue, and I  am sick and tired of masking, and the debate around it, for starters it is totally illogigal in all but extreme crowding scenarios, like the BTS rush hour, or a taxi, perhaps. its as useless and pointless elsewhere as those stupid spit-screens that came and went on faces and food courts, 

I was compliant, I got the jabs, I wore my masks, I washed my hands, and did those other useless things like scan my body temperature to walk into any business (someone is a billionaire based on that legal scam alone!) and those of us who 'did the right thing' the first time, and the second, and third, are now smelling a rat, when will it end?

Also, we sit at home looking after a very frail elderly Thai gent (family member) all his friends have died, he stares at a loud TV when he's not sleeping, or being toileted and washed.

I don't want that to be me, if this is my last year in my early sixties, that's quite ok by me, things are starting to fail in my body anyway why stick around as it worsens? 

Covid is just one of many ways to go, and I should have been dead seven years ago, so all of this is borrowed time anyway, sorry about the philosophical rant, but that's my reasoning, if this is my last year on earth, I'm not living it behind a stinky mask. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Covid is just one of many ways to go, and I should have been dead seven years ago, so all of this is borrowed time anyway, sorry about the philosophical rant, but that's my reasoning, if this is my last year on earth, I'm not living it behind a stinky mask. 

Agreed. Quality of life is often overlooked because of the modern obsession with quantity of life.

On 5/25/2023 at 12:37 AM, connda said:

Interestingly enough, I was in Global the other day and a larger than normal percentage of employees were mask-free which gives me the impression that a lot of masking is due to corporate policy.  What this begins to show is what percentage of Thai are worried vs those who are not.  It's about 50-50% right now from what I can see.  But for those who are worried - please for your own peace of mind... mask-up and make sure to get mRNA Covid shots whenever they are recommended and offered to the public. 

Let me preface by saying, if you wish to continue to wear masks, by all means,  carry on. With that said, I watched lots of YouTube videos on Thailand from vloggers to travel related stuff. I'm noticing more and more people from issan to the south and anywhere in between no longer wearing masks. Bangkok is slowly doing it as well,  but as the capital and symbol of " obedience and conformity " it will take a bit longer.  I almost recognized Thailand again before the pandemic lol.

Edited by BayArea
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

and yet, all over the world, in food processing plants, surgeries, restaurants, etc., masks are required. I wonder why.

Apples and oranges (no pun intended).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

and yet, all over the world, in food processing plants, surgeries, restaurants, etc., masks are required. I wonder why.

It is is just not true....Both in food processing and in restaurants. And since the late 1980s masks in surgeries are discussed and some don't use them, but that is very controversial. The cook in a restaurant not using masks is normal i most countries.

2 hours ago, h90 said:

It is is just not true....Both in food processing and in restaurants. And since the late 1980s masks in surgeries are discussed and some don't use them, but that is very controversial. The cook in a restaurant not using masks is normal i most countries.

your statements above conflict with everyday observation.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

your statements above conflict with everyday observation.

I have worked in a food factory....need cap for the hairs not falling but never seen a mask. And never seen a mask in any restaurant before covid. And for sure not required.

You're correct....who cares if they are old and/or have health issues....they should have exercised or watched their food intake.....stuff 'em....that's what I say.

Edited by Pink Mist
reply to removed post. Quoted post has been removed.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Your implication is that masks are effective, but people outside of places like food processing plants, restaurants, etc. shouldn't wear them.

Not my thought process and this interpretation tells more about your way of thinking. I think masks are mostly just security theater and usseless in any circumstances but I can in principle understand the need to avoid saliva getting into for example food or blocking the humidity from a person's mouth in a close contact work. I have sometimes seen clockmakers using a mask while working on an expensive watch, though it is probably quite rare.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rabang said:

Not my thought process and this interpretation tells more about your way of thinking. I think masks are mostly just security theater and usseless in any circumstances but I can in principle understand the need to avoid saliva getting into for example food or blocking the humidity from a person's mouth in a close contact work. I have sometimes seen clockmakers using a mask while working on an expensive watch, though it is probably quite rare.

your tought process apparently ignores years of scientific studies.

I personally don't like face masks, and won't wear them if I am not forced to. But I acknowledge that they are effective (I have 8 vaccinations so I am unlikely to spread Covid if I don't wear a face mask).

Some people, however, rationalize not wearing a face mask by handwaving away the facts about face masks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2023 at 1:32 AM, ozimoron said:

Just too narcissistic to consider taking some basic precautions to protect others who may be at risk?

Exactly.

This has been the stance taken by the COVID deniers, vaccine refuseniks, anti-maskers and conspiracy moonbats since day one - not just since "these weak strains of COVID" became dominant.

These are people, mind you, whose life philosophy basically boils down to "only my individual rights matter - screw the common good."

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 3:29 PM, jak2002003 said:

No not really. 

I am allergic to bee stings...they can kill me if I don't get treatment quickly. 

Yet me and others with the same problem are not telling bee keepers to not their bees out of their hives.  We are not going around wearing bee keeping suits or double suiting. 

And we are not making out bee keepers or people who grow flowers are selfish for not considering us vulnerable people. 

Risk of bee stings == risk of contracting a virus which produced a global pandemic and which has caused nearly seven million deaths worldwide (so far?)

Thanks for that knee slapper. ????

• Confused 1