Send small amount money from Kasikorn to HSBC UK...Possible?

More economically if you have an acquaintance with a U.K. bank account who’ll be regularly transferring funds from U.K. to Thailand (as many of us are) simply pay the 20k into his Thai bank and he does a corresponding equivalent Sterling online payment to your U.K. account from his U.K. bank.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks to both @BenStark & @scorecard for this very useful info. I use the KPlus app a lot but wasn't aware of this feature. Probably because I've never wanted to send from Thai to HSBC UK, but I may do in the future.

-Make sure you click the box 'sending money earned in Thailand'.

-Need to 'play' the list of reasons/purpose for transfer until the K Bank system accepts what you have clicked. Not difficult.

-You can nominate what currency you want to use to send the funds (Baht, pounds, Euros, US$, etc.)

A few months ago I used the KBiz internet banking system to send funds to a mainstream bank in Australia. It was in my account the next day. 

As probably already known for some international funds transfers there's an intermediary bank involved which happens automatically, usually causes a few hours delay but still very reasonable overall time.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 4:12 AM, scorecard said:

Make sure you click the box 'sending money earned in Thailand'.

I’ve done a number of international transfers to Singapore using the Kasikorn App using that option, all were transferred successfully.

However on the last occasion, after the transaction had been completed l received an email from Kasikorn asking for the source of the money with evidence of the income, and a copy of the relevant work permit.

I didn’t have either and whilst they didn’t recall the funds, they advised l wouldn’t be able to make further transactions using those codes.

l now use Wise from my account in the IoM to send funds to Singapore.