Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years in prison for plot to keep Trump in power

Scott

1 hour ago, Credo said:

If I recall correctly, during his townhall on CNN, he said he would pardon those involved in Jan. 6.   

I really don't think Trump has much of a chance at regaining the Oval Office. Well, unless Biden gets the nomination once again 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Biden is running virtually unopposed.

Way too early for Biden to declare himself a lame duck.  American politics would become even more of a 3 ring circus than it already is. LBJ didn't signal he wasn't running again until March 31, 1968. Should Biden use the same timeline that's more than 10 months from now

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, pegman said:

Way too early for Biden to declare himself a lame duck.  American politics would become even more of a 3 ring circus than it already is. LBJ didn't signal he wasn't running again until March 31, 1968. Should Biden use the same timeline that's more than 10 months from now

I'm not clear what you're saying. Biden ALREADY announced this April and at least at this point no democratic party primary presidential debates are planned because no serious challenger has come forward (and most likely none will).

Trump would also be a lame duck if he wins but it's well understand if he gets power again (by election, coup, or civil war) he'll be there for life. 

The only scenario where Biden isn't nominated is because of a health crisis. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If insurrectionist grifter Trump manages to take power again (tragically it's possible) then he'll likely pardon this criminal and many others that he obviously incited. Trump 2.0 will make Trump 1.0 look like a garden party (if it happens). 

I have to ask: what exactly is it you're afraid of happening if Trump is elected as president again?

• Sad 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

While Trump did not order the national guard to put down the insurrection, most being charged were actually there physically. He may be charged with something but not with leading it I suspect.

De Santis can say anything at this point. It will be up to the voters whether he can do anything.

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

I have to ask: what exactly is it you're afraid of happening if Trump is elected as president again?

Are you imagining that these morons have been sentenced to many years imprisonment and that Trump had nothing to do with it despite being investigated to years over it and having been warned to expect an indictment? There's ample evidence to show that his people had their fingers all over this. Trump won't be re-elected or even nominated. Why do you think so many people threw their hat in the ring for the GOP nomination this week?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Are you imagining that these morons have been sentenced to many years imprisonment and that Trump had nothing to do with it despite being investigated to years over it and having been warned to expect an indictment? There's ample evidence to show that his people had their fingers all over this. Trump won't be re-elected or even nominated. Why do you think so many people threw their hat in the ring for the GOP nomination this week?

Trump is still leading. Only DeSantis is anywhere near competitive at this point. Trump can still run and be elected after felony convictions and from prison. Don't rule out the threat of Trump in power again until he's literally finished (just as Putin). To his cult he is seen as a messianic figure, they worship him, and many are willing to die for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet in a speech given DeSantis will look at pardoning all of those convicted.  What has the world come to when people who commit crimes get to walk free after being part of an insurrection to overthrow an elected government.

Overt interference in Justice.

Any person indicted will have the possibility of a De Santis pardon in mind when faced with their options to cooperate and give testimony.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trump is still leading. Only DeSantis is anywhere near competitive at this point. Trump can still run and be elected after felony convictions and from prison. Don't rule out the threat of Trump in power again until he's literally finished (just as Putin). To his cult he is seen as a messianic figure, they worship him, and many are willing to die for him. 

I think very few fascists will put their hands up for him when they see the sentences being handed out. Any indictments for insurrection or inciting riots will not go well with swing voters. Trump needs more than the base to be re-elected.

• Thanks 2