Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years in prison for plot to keep Trump in power

Scott

On 5/26/2023 at 4:34 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Something tells me you're not REALLY gonna waste time on thoughts n prayers for Elmer.

I put as much effort into it as the GOP does.....Poor Elmer...always hunting with his gun only to get burned by that wascally wabbit ....

Also he gets to spend his days locked up being asked how he lost his eye.....oh the karma!

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

These days I'm the US  there is open racism towards whites - but I suppose that's okay - and whites are even hating themselves for being white, which is weird. Lol.

Had a black dud on one of my jobs back in the day that was quite adept at using the system faked injury threatened to sue the company they let him skate for 6 months till they got rid of him definitely he was raciest and a scary individual that beeing said we had several other people of color that were great and a pleasure to work with.I personally don’t know anyone who are (hating themselves) for being white I do know many who understand that historically whites have oppressed people of color and strive not to continue that shameful legacy are you saying that’s bad?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Had a black dud on one of my jobs back in the day that was quite adept at using the system faked injury threatened to sue the company they let him skate for 6 months till they got rid of him definitely he was raciest and a scary individual that beeing said we had several other people of color that were great and a pleasure to work with.I personally don’t know anyone who are (hating themselves) for being white I do know many who understand that historically whites have oppressed people of color and strive not to continue that shameful legacy are you saying that’s bad?

It's history. Nobody is doing that now

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 2009 said:

These days I'm the US  there is open racism towards whites - but I suppose that's okay - and whites are even hating themselves for being white, which is weird. Lol.

They're not hating themselves for being white. They merely understand that there is a problem with systemic racism in the societies in which they live. Blacks pushing back on racism is not in itself racism. Racism REQUIRES a systematic disadvantage to be suffered by a segment of the population in a society. Whites don't suffer that disadvantage by virtue of their race.

On 5/26/2023 at 1:19 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

At his age, it's virtually a life sentence. He must serve at least 85% of those 18 years, and seeing as it's Friday afternoon and I'm tired, I'll let wiser heads do that math.

I get the impression he really doesn't understand what is going on, he's a middle-aged guy who wants to play soldier.

He wants to overthrow the gov't but does not think ahead to what will replace it.  There is no MAGA agenda (other than saying there is an agenda), there is no MAGA Thomas Paine!  MAGA is about T____ as supreme leader, autocrat, and the country catering to whatever comes out of his mouth.

What is most impressive is the people who voted for him in 2016 think that they will be treated better than those who didn't, who will somehow be punished or excluded from all the MAGA benefits (whatever the hell those are supposed to be).  During the quarantine I heard MAGA types saying "this isn't supposed to be happening to us." 

On 5/26/2023 at 1:01 AM, 2009 said:

All I am hearing is hyperbole from anyone who tried to answer my question.

They should just tell the truth: I am a democrat so I don't want Trump to be president again.

No more elections after this one, should he manage to get back in office.  Bannon has been saying since before the 2020 election that "elections don't matter any more."  For more on this do some searching, it's all out there.

DT moves from moment to moment, generating outrage, getting attention, and accumulating "likes,"  with little concern for the big picture.  The two scariest characters in MAGA world are Bannon and Mike Flynn, who both have an eye on the big picture.  The way it tends to work is when an autocrat is successfully installed among the first orders of business is to kill the guys who put them there, out of fear they may do it again with someone else (possibly themselves).  Lesser authorities will be servile shmucks like McCarthy and the rest of the Sedition Caucus.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2009 said:

Self-loathing doesn't really count as racism.

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

They're not hating themselves for being white. They merely understand that there is a problem with systemic racism in the societies in which they live. Blacks pushing back on racism is not in itself racism. Racism REQUIRES a systematic disadvantage to be suffered by a segment of the population in a society. Whites don't suffer that disadvantage by virtue of their race.

So, you are saying racism against whites can't possibly exist in a Western country cos they don't suffer a disadvantage? Lol

What a load of rubbish.

55 minutes ago, 2009 said:

So, you are saying racism against whites can't possibly exist in a Western country cos they don't suffer a disadvantage? Lol

What a load of rubbish.

You are clearly a MAGA Republican.  Why would you lie and say you're a Democrat?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You are clearly a MAGA Republican.  Why would you lie and say you're a Democrat?

Excuse me. I am not a democrat.

I have been called a lot of things, but this is really too much.

I should sue for defamation ???? haha 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What's the difference between a conservative and a MAGA republican? Asking for a friend.

24 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

About 80 IQ points.

15 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Three or more felonies?

Funny but I asked in earnest. Because it seems if you're not in the biden camp you're accused of being every ist and phobe known to man.

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Because it seems if you're not in the biden camp you're accused of being every ist and phobe known to man.

I accuse you of accusing me of accusing you. Where does it end?

OMG. Who accused you of ANYTHING?

Why are you so defensive?

You asked a question, quite honestly in a way that was a set-up for a joke, and some of us (the IQ difference was the best so far - I chose not to make a dental-related or banjo quip) responded in kind.

You can add us to your Ignore list, or choose not to read our posts. 

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I never said such a thing. Show me.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:01 PM, 2009 said:

All I am hearing is hyperbole from anyone who tried to answer my question.

They should just tell the truth: I am a democrat so I don't want Trump to be president again.

Hmmmm....perhaps we misunderstood.  I took the above to mean that's you're a Democrat.  But looking at it again, you could have been talking about "they." 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Funny but I asked in earnest. Because it seems if you're not in the biden camp you're accused of being every ist and phobe known to man.

I answered you in earnest and you conveniently ignored.  Seems you want an unserious answer....so you could complain about it.

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmmm....perhaps we misunderstood.  I took the above to mean that's you're a Democrat.  But looking at it again, you could have been talking about "they." 

Yes, you misunderstood. I was talking about them.

4 hours ago, 2009 said:

Excuse me. I am not a democrat.

I have been called a lot of things, but this is really too much.

I should sue for defamation ???? haha 

Stop playing the victim card. There's no history of systemic racism against white Americans. Individual acts of racial hatred don't count as generalized racism. Whites in America can only point to a history of massive advantage in their country.

Obviously all races suffer racial abuse on occasion. That does not make all sides equal.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Stop playing the victim card. There's no history of systemic racism against white Americans. Individual acts of racial hatred don't count as generalized racism. Whites in America can only point to a history of massive advantage in their country.

Yes exactly.

Trumpist type whites often tend to want to play the victim but it doesn't wash.

What is happening is an inevitable demographic change where the U.S. becomes a majority minority country and whites (particularly white MEN) will need to compete much more on a level playing field with everyone else.

That scares a lot of whites, rich and poor, to the bone.

It explains the republican party's long standing policies to (often successfully) suppress the votes of minorities.

They know they will never win a presidential election again without playing such corrupt games.

This makes many of them anti democracy and the maga fascist movement has morphed into a party that is explicitly hostile to democracy if it doesn't produce the results that they want.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

A reported post as well as continued baiting by the same poster and replies have been removed.  This will stop now, any more baiting or off-topic posts will be removed without a comment, and a suspension from posting will occur.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

What's the difference between a conservative and a MAGA republican? Asking for a friend.

I guess believing in the Big Lie, or pretending to believe in the Big Lie would be a simple criteria to distinguish between them.

• Thumbs Up 1