A Heads Up on Long Waits At Phuket Immigration

I expect all the tickets are taken by agents getting long stay educational visas for Russians.

Beware, if you go the next day you will have to get a new letter from the bank and account print out, a friend had his application turned down because they were from the day before.  This does not matter if you use an agent, all is designed to get you to use an agent.  It does make it easier all round but at a cost.

Meanwhile they expect you to get your bank passbook updated on the same day, with many smaller local bank branches not opening until 10am.  Must have a line update the same day you apply.  No matter that you could clear out the account 10 minutes later.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

Meanwhile they expect you to get your bank passbook updated on the same day, with many smaller local bank branches not opening until 10am.  Must have a line update the same day you apply.  No matter that you could clear out the account 10 minutes later.  

I don't know about marriage visas, but for a retirement visa half of the money must stay in the account for a period of at least three months.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

I don't know about marriage visas, but for a retirement visa half of the money must stay in the account for a period of at least three months.

For a retirement visa, you must have 800k baht in the bank for two months before and three months after the application. You need to keep half in the bank for the remainder of the year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mises said:

I expect all the tickets are taken by agents getting long stay educational visas for Russians.

Beware, if you go the next day you will have to get a new letter from the bank and account print out, a friend had his application turned down because they were from the day before.  This does not matter if you use an agent, all is designed to get you to use an agent.  It does make it easier all round but at a cost.

Education visas are processed in another building.

About bank letter you are wrong. Bank letter and statements can be up to 7 days old. Only thing what needs to be updated in same day is bank book.

• Like 2