Life Certificates DWP

Had my meagre frozen  pension stopped  this month because I have not sent my Life Cert to the DWP! Have responded  twice before in previous years at some cost but this time I haven't received  anything from the DWP. Tried ringing  them but phone  always  busy.  Used their query email and they did email  blank forms.  Completed them and emailed them back and got a shouty reply accusing me of trying to  jump the queue. Have EMSd the forms back but as I have not moved  for 10yrs this is clear maladministration! My other pension providers managed to mail me and accepted emailed replies. 

Particularly  galling when UK (and Phillipine and USA expats) have just had their base pension increased  to 2000gbp per mth  compared to my frozen 800k

19 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

...have just had their base pension increased  to 2000gbp per mth

Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

The full new state pension is now just over £10,600 a year, or £203.85 a week

Anyone who reached state pension age before April 2016 gets £8,122 a year, or £156.20 a week

Had my UK pension stopped twice because never received a life form from them.

Never had trouble sending a life form back by medium Thai post recorded Air mail.

Maybe it got held up because EMS needs a signature and there was no one there to sign it.

Got the form three months ago, it took six weeks to reach me, which is ridiculous. Previous longest wait for mail was a month.  Sent it back by Thai EMS to be signed for when they get it. Seems as though all OK as I'm still getting my Pension. Only been getting the pension for 18 months. How often do they send these things out?

Is it worth pointing out to them I intend to live to be 200 years old, just to spite them ?  lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

but this time I haven't received  anything from the DWP

IMHO your unfortunate experience serves as a general reminder to us all that it would probably be better to rely on reports of a new Life Certificate exercise on here in order to spur us into taking the necessary action, in preference to awaiting the receipt of a specific request from the IPC. For example, @theoldgit first alerted us all to the latest exercise on 31 January in the pinned Pensions thread - and his posting certainly got the alarm bells ringing in my case!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1