I forgot to do 90 day address notification. I'm now 20 days overdue

About a month and a half ago I did 90 day online successfully. I was only granted ext to the expiry date of my marriage visa ext this month. When submitting the docs close to that expiry date I forgot to do 90 day reporting again. Im now 20 days over. 

My stamp says go back on Tuesday to get the new stamp for the ext of stay based on marriage. So when I go there will they be issuing me with a financial penalty? How much will it be? Actually I wish they had of noticed that my 90 day ext was due when submitting all my marriage docs. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ubonr1971 said:

Therefore one would expect a competent immigration officer to do their job in both regards

Don't agree.

Two years back I attended CW for my extension (retirement) the io noticed that my 90 report window was open and started to file  report.

I asked him to stop as I prefer to do it myself. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

The fine for not having done the 90-day report within due date (including the 6-day grace period when doing it in person), is 2.000,- THB.  And that is irrespective of how long you are over the due date (which can range from 1 day to almost a year).  There are also no further consequences when having paid the fine. So no need to make a trip to the Imm Office when you are already over due, just be prepared to pay the fine when you have to visit your Imm Office for a service you need (in your case - when picking up the Visa stamp for your 1-year marriage extension). 

Note: It's well possible that your Imm Office did your 90-day report automatically when you applied for the 1-year extension, but in that case they would normally have stapled the Notification form with next due date in your passport.

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

sure but all married guys here will have the same issue. Their 90 day expiry date will expire on the same day as the expiry of their marriage ext. Therefore one would expect a competent immigration officer to do their job in both regards

You would have to plan carefully for the above to be true, I normally have to make a 5 or 6 day report just before my extension is due.

Also, it is for YOU to sort out your status, NOT  the immigration officer's

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

About a month and a half ago I did 90 day online successfully. I was only granted ext to the expiry date of my marriage visa ext this month. When submitting the docs close to that expiry date I forgot to do 90 day reporting again. Im now 20 days over. 

I tried to renew my 90 days prior to my marriage extension expiring, it only took me to the expiry date, not past it.

When I submitted my docs for my marriage extension, the IO did not issue me with any further 90 days, I advised him of my dilemma, my pen rye he said, when your marriage extension is approved, we will provide you with another 90 days.

I felt uncomfortable about this, and got the wife to ring them, she was told the same thing, they will provide me with one when the marriage extension is approved, she said but he doesn't have an extension, it's ok, they said, we know he is here because he reported and applied for his marriage extension.

At the end of the day, they were true to the word, no fine, new 90 days provided when I received my marriage extension.

The above said, each immigration office has different rules, so I am told, and if you did get the 90 days up to the expiry date, the system won't allow you to get anymore until they issue you with a further marriage extension.

Just make sure they give you a new 90 day slip when you pick it up, DO NOT PAY ANY FINE.

The system won't give you a further 90 days, only up to your expiry date, so you don't need to pay a fine.

EDIT: Technically speaking, your not overdue, it's just the way the system is set up when you are doing your extension.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thumbs Up 1

sure but all married guys here will have the same issue. Their 90 day expiry date will expire on the same day as the expiry of their marriage ext. Therefore one would expect a competent immigration officer to do their job in both regards

As I mentioned above, they won't provide you with a further 90 days until your extension is approved. You won't pay a fine. I went through this myself in January of this year, they provided me with a further 90 days when my extension was approved.

There is some confusion from others stating that the 90 days has nothing to do with your extension. Yes correct, but the system will not provide you with days past the expiry date of your extension, the immigration officer will do that when he/she provides you with your new extension.

I was worried I would get fined, a lot of stress for nothing.

If your extension wasn't expiring, yes you would have to pay a 2,000 baht fine for being 20 days overdue.

Hope this clears things up for you and others, we learn as we go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally wrong ! There is no assurance that is going to happen and any travel outside the kingdom and reporting dates will move accordingly.

• Like 2