Nong Ram beach upped farang price to 50 thb

EVENKEEL

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

TAT needs to update their info.  Appears you're lucky to be allowed there at all:

image.png.21c7d4a6965892382cde41ba6b02b875.png

I'm confused, I know I've been going to this beach for a few years now, it was closed during Covid. 

20230528_091255.jpg

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 2

I am not sure if it applies everywhere or even if it's because they just don't care enough to argue about it, But everywhere  we go here in Isaan that requires "Farang" pay a fee different than Thais my wife argues that I am Thai, shows them my drivers licence and yellow book , and so far I never had to pay "Farang" price at area parks. 

Does not hurt to give it a try, what do you have to loose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

The yellow book proves that you are NOT Thai!

But that I live permanently in Thailand. As I said not sure that they do because they dont care enough to argue. but I never paid so far. Up to you if you want to try it or not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am not sure if it applies everywhere or even if it's because they just don't care enough to argue about it, But everywhere  we go here in Isaan that requires "Farang" pay a fee different than Thais my wife argues that I am Thai, shows them my drivers licence and yellow book , and so far I never had to pay "Farang" price at area parks. 

Does not hurt to give it a try, what do you have to loose. 

I don't have a yellow book, have a Thai DL. I show the DL at other parks like water parks and such. And, I'm not willing to ruin the fun day at the beach by having the ole lady do the talking for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't have a yellow book, have a Thai DL. I show the DL at other parks like water parks and such. And, I'm not willing to ruin the fun day at the beach by having the ole lady do the talking for me.

i don't speak Thai as good as you, but how would asking not to pay the extra fee would ruin you day? 

10 minutes ago, Celsius said:

No.

You are allowed to stay at the beach. You are not allowed to stay overnight. 

Not to be picky, but it doesn't say anything about 'overnight', simply 'Thais only allowed in the area'

Obviously not enforced, a good thing.

Unless of course you show up khee nok or obviously under the influence, gives them discretion to refuse you entry ????

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not to be picky, but it doesn't say anything about 'overnight', simply 'Thais only allowed in the area'

Unless of course you show up khee nok or obviously under the influence, gives them discretion to refuse you entry ????

Yea, I think TAT wrote this because they have some "hotels" on the beach, but only Thai citizens are allowed to stay there overnight.

Or maybe this is the official rule, but they allow you to come in if you come with a Thai. Either way, you can not stay overnight if you are Farang mug.

Edited by Celsius

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

requires "Farang" pay a fee different than Thais my wife argues that I am Thai, shows them my drivers licence and yellow book

Same here.

Done this several times, never a problem

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I'm thinking it's 2 separate beaches near one another with similiar names. Both run by Navy

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 10:06 AM, Celsius said:

Yea, I think TAT wrote this because they have some "hotels" on the beach, but only Thai citizens are allowed to stay there overnight.

Or maybe this is the official rule, but they allow you to come in if you come with a Thai. Either way, you can not stay overnight if you are Farang mug.

I've stayed overnight there regularly - with my Thai wife.

Unlucky, about 10 years ago I must of got the "prize of the century".

Drove the wife, our kids and some of the extended family to national park which had a water feature.

Notice board showed prices per Thai, per Farang (times 3 if I remember correctly) and per car. OK I thought it's been a bit of a nightmare finding the place, I'll not rock the boat over my higher price.

The gate attendant counted the Thai's, think it was 6 kids and 3 adults, plus car, XXX Baht, (OK here goes I thought), he looks at me and says "You take here, you Free".

Gob-smacked, never happened anywhere else, in fact the mark-up in some other parks has been so high for me the wife has refused to go in.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...