Christian curriculum using textbooks that deny climate change and say evolution is impossible

onthedarkside

48 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Are you seriously suggesting that problems with a highly complex theory like the big bang theory gives more credibility to the theory of creationism? Really?

And no, there aren't. Not in scientific circles.

You're missing the point. Both are theories, neither proven. Creationism is just a valid teaching subject as evolution.

I know you won't - but if you google "Ken Ham" and "Genesis" you will find an overwhelming amount of evidence for a young earth.  He has scientists on his staff, including a former Nasa scientist that go through a great many evidences for a young earth. 

I've been on both sides of this argument and the inconsistencies in evolution (cosmological and biological) just keep piling up to  ridiculous.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, AP2019 said:

You're using your bias to criticize the opinion without trying to follow the comparison. 

How is it unrelated?  Both deal with the beginnings of the universe and our planet. 

It's not an false theory - actually there are many scientific evidences for a young earth theory - which supports creationism.

Please do tell us about this young earth theory.  Be sure to reference your sources.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AP2019 said:

You're missing the point. Both are theories, neither proven. Creationism is just a valid teaching subject as evolution.

I know you won't - but if you google "Ken Ham" and "Genesis" you will find an overwhelming amount of evidence for a young earth.  He has scientists on his staff, including a former Nasa scientist that go through a great many evidences for a young earth. 

I've been on both sides of this argument and the inconsistencies in evolution (cosmological and biological) just keep piling up to  ridiculous.

If it is just as valid why isn't it taught at public schools? I already know the answer so the question is rhetorical.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, AP2019 said:

No, it's not true at all. 

A theory remains a valid theory, as long as it is not refuted by empirical observations (facts).

The creationist theory has been contradicted by many empirical observations, it has been refuted. It's not any more a theory. It's a dead theory.

The evolution theory has not been refuted, so it is the only surviving theory. Moreover, since it's initial conception, it has been supported by many empirical studies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

No, it's not true at all. 

A theory remains a valid theory, as long as it is not refuted by empirical observations (facts).

The creationist theory has been contradicted by many empirical observations, it has been refuted. It's not any more a theory. It's a dead theory.

The evolution theory has not been refuted, so it is the only surviving theory. Moreover, since it's initial conception, it has been supported by many empirical studies.

It never has been a theory, it's always been a belief and the arguments we see here is that status allows it to dodge science and claim protection from criticism. I think it was GW Bush who said that people deserve not to have their "fixed beliefs" challenged?

• Like 1