Bullman, the Norwegian killer and fugitive from Thai justice lands in Oslo on a false name and passport

webfact

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not how I read the info on the two articles, taken together. As I understood it, no-one (in a position of authority, at least) knew he was traveling on a false passport until he turned himself in to the police after having arrived back in Norway.

Seems a TV station in Norway managed to track him down.

46 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Shouldn't that be ALLEGED killer?

When he admits to killing the guy? And the wife was an eye witness? Or maybe it was his twin?

Edited by giddyup

Well, he must have glued quite some printed paper of the eyes of many on his odysee from Phuket via Hanoi, Paris to Oslo - me thinks!
Reminds me of Charles Sobhraj some 40+ years ago in Bangkok ... he just walked out of an interrogation room of Bangkok's finest but ultimately spent more than half his life behind bars. 

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Is there any other country in the world that gives bail to murderers?

Yes, there are, depending on the individual cases but Bullman was initially given bail after he was charged with assault, not murder, the charge was upped later.  The full OP does explain it.

Why has it taken him so long to turn himself in? Ran out of money while on the run in SE Asia and decided to go back home to a nice, cozy all expenses paid prison cell. 

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Reminds me of the RedBull guy who killed the policeman never to be seen again after skipping the country . Why do they give Bail to those who have taken the life of another person they should be held on remand sadly brown envelopes seem to be the answer to avoid detention whilst awaiting trial 

Vorayuth killed someone accidentally in a traffic incident, he did not murder anyone.  Bullman had been charged with assault, not murder when he was bailed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There’s a guy at my condo bldg who looks like that guy. He sits around the pool every day. I think these dodgy blokes like pools. They always seem to be around the pool for some reason. They are usually stag (alone) around the pool.

Oh.  Is you condo in Norway?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Did you even read your own list or just copy and pasted it? Most of the list say it not happens or rarely happens in case of murder.

His list also answered the question of whether any other countries can bail those on murder charges...the answer was confirmed as "yes".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Pretty much any country that operates a bail system, can allow bail on a murder charge - depending on the exact circumstances, and at the judge's discretion.

In the UK you are not Bailed on a murder charge you are locked up to prevent witness intimidation and have enough evidence to charge the suspect. Only insufficient evidence will allow a suspect to walk but will be monitered.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

Extradition by any chance, or would that be too much effort for the Thai system to organise, considering the BIB couldn't get it organised for the murder of one of their own? 

You can’t be extradited from your own country, especially where there is the likelihood of receiving a death sentence. 

A reported post regarding the OP posting and against Asean Now has been removed, as well as replies to it.

17. The ASEAN NOW news team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and international sources, and republishes them in the news forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our news team works hard to bring quality content to the news forums and should be respected for their efforts. Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are disrespectful and unwelcome. Such comments will be sanctioned. Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the right to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ASEAN NOW is not responsible for any opinions reflected or quoted in reprinted news stories.

• Thumbs Up 1