Thailand’s Cannabis Future Network warns parties against reinstating plant as narcotic

webfact

4 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

I’ll enjoy these things and let the druggies do what they gotta do. Hopefully drug laws become much stricter in the way that Singapore does and the druggies face the consequences.

hahaha don't hold your breath !

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Its been considered an "oldies habit" by the young for ages  bit like smoking a pipe, taking snuff, or a sweet sherry/ milk stout  for granny or chewing "Maak" in the case of a Thai granny. The young don't really have that much interest. its never been considered cool to copy ones parents  maybe some on here can remember that far back

"Young people" get up to all sorts of things that many of the generation who predominate this forum  know  absolutely nothing about and would seek to put a stop to if they did ("cos I say so"  being the usual response when asked "why" or more likely "why not")

I guess there may be  good reason to worry about the headstrong independant ways of hormonal adolescents and its probably instinctive of them to feel the need to interfere "for your own good"  being another popular response

But these interfering busybodies(to put it politely) have to realise that their perceived moral authority cannot be "self  extended" to include lecturing other grown adults in the same way and that there will be plenty of opponents who will indeed "answer back" Why  they put themselves in the firing line, leaving themselves wide open to  (justified ) criticism  as they repeat the tired old reefer madness lies that they were fed 60 or more years ago is a mystery to me, especially as they would be  a lot more comfortable having a game of bingo or bridge with a cup of milky tea in the day room

"Amazingly" plenty of people take all sorts of drugs and have never touched cannabis. The myth of the "gateway" drug has long been discounted.  

Has anybody ever wondered why was that incorrect "gateway" status was never not afforded to alcohol ?  after all its just another drug. and I can guarantee that whilst  there are many users of other substances  who have never smoked cannabis there will be none who did not try alcohol first, 

Well said..

• Thumbs Up 1