Thai passport for 14-yr old Thai national son

I want to get a Thai passport for my 14-yr old Thai national son. He was born here and has a Thai birth certificate and Thai ID card. I am NOT married to the mother. From what I read the mother needs to get a certificate of Parental Power - Por Kor 14 from the local Ampur office. My Thai 1-year Non-Immigrant "O" visa is based on support of my child, and I have the documentation from the Ampur confirming this. But the Por. Kor. 14 means she has sole guardianship of my son - which she does not. I really don't want to hassle with "the father of the applicant cannot sign the parental consent form alone unless there is a court order granting sole guardianship to the father." Has anyone gotten a Thai passport for their minor son/daughter lately, and what documents did you need? Other suggestions? Thanks so much.

I think if both parents are present you are good to go. 

The Thai Passport office is one of the ‘bureaucratic’ places which works very efficiently. 

I think if you book an appointment and take all the documentation you have you should be fine....  At least you’ll get a specific answer. 

As I understand it the documentation is not so onerous... you need: 

IF you are in Bangkok there are plenty of ‘temporary passport offices’ which are very convenient (if still operational that is). 

Edited by richard_smith237

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

take all the documentation you have ....  At least you’ll get a specific answer. 

Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. Go with the docs and ID we have....

Edited by djeetyet

No one parent is sufficient provided they have a signed copy of the other parent's ID card. That is what the Songkhla passport office have told my wife ahead of getting a new passport for our granddaughter; parents are separated and father works in Bangkok.

Hey everyone. OP here. Went to the Chanthaburi Passport office with my 13-yr-old son and his mother (we're not married). After filling out the application form these are the documents they requested:
1. Applicant's Thai birth certificate (we had the original)
2. Applicant's Thai ID card
3. Father's (my) passport
4. Mother's Thai ID card
5. Mother's housebook with her name and my son's name

1,040B for a 5-year passport. Should be mailed in about a week's time. No mention of any type of Por Kor 14. Pretty simple process and certainly **a lot** less paperwork than making a non-immigrant "o" visa!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djeetyet said:

Hey everyone. OP here. Went to the Chanthaburi Passport office with my 13-yr-old son and his mother (we're not married). After filling out the application form these are the documents they requested:
1. Applicant's Thai birth certificate (we had the original)
2. Applicant's Thai ID card
3. Father's (my) passport
4. Mother's Thai ID card
5. Mother's housebook with her name and my son's name

1,040B for a 5-year passport. Should be mailed in about a week's time. No mention of any type of Por Kor 14. Pretty simple process and certainly **a lot** less paperwork than making a non-immigrant "o" visa!!

We applied yesterday for a Thai passport for our 12-year old son. Exactly the same procedure. Both parents present, no questions asked, walk-in (at the "Temporary" passport office in MBK in Bangkok - Looks pretty permanent to me...), no queue, done in 15 minutes.

Both parents and the applicant had to sign the application on an electronic signature pad.

Interestingly, they made a photo of both eyes of the applicant, in addition to extensive finger-printing. Big Brother has come to Thailand at last...