Beauty Queen's Life Shattered by Autoimmune Disease: A Cautionary Tale

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Then, she applied for a job as a beauty queen. During that time, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, her workplace, a golf course,

So does that mean caddies are synonymous with beauty queens?  Rather misleading headline to go along with a rather suspect story. 

A reported unsubstantiated unsupported misinformation post regarding vaccines has been removed.

A post using only a clipped section of the quoted post thus taking it out of context has been removed.  

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

Edited by Pink Mist
Moderator comment posted prior has now been moved to the bottom of posts and added to new moderator comment.

9 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

My opinion of whether she is beautiful or not changes in no way what this poor girls is going/went through. I hope she can find a way to get compensation for what she is suffering for.. . If she can prove she told the golf course she was allergic she should be able to sue them.

As for the beauty queen title... i disagree. i wish thais actually knew the meaning of beautiful/handsome. i am not handsome, but i worked in schools with ichabod crane look alikes and the thai teachers kept ranting over the handsome man. thais really dont have an appreciation of beauty. nonetheless... poor girl

The challenge is that people have for a long time followed what they are told.  In this country working is important and if they are going to lose their job they cave as there is no other means.

She still is a very beautiful lady,

As to beauty queen I think in Thailand it is in fact an overused term that is used to just describe beautiful girls that work because of their beauty but do not do the party scene.  Beauty queen is closer I think to model.

As to Handsum man   you could be 300 lbs dress in a chang shirt and wear shorts that show your butt crack but if you have money then you will always be handsum.  It just means that you are available and might be a good fit for a husband or sugar daddy.

15 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

As to Handsum man   you could be 300 lbs dress in a chang shirt and wear shorts that show your butt crack but if you have money then you will always be handsum.  It just means that you are available and might be a good fit for a husband or sugar daddy.

or the lady saying that needs to see an optometrist... which i think is the likely cause????

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Misinformation once again. Fact check and many other sources prove your comments are wrong. The Pfizer executive never said what you folks are passing on.

Fact Check-Preventing transmission never required for COVID vaccines’ initial approval; Pfizer vax did reduce transmission of early variants | Reuters

To get emergency approval, companies needed to show that the vaccines were safe and prevented vaccinated people from getting ill. They did not have to show that the vaccine would also prevent people from spreading the virus to others. Once the vaccines were on the market, independent researchers in multiple countries studied people who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and did show that vaccination reduced transmission of variants circulating at the time.

The misleading posts imply that national restrictions such as vaccine passports were based on a promise of vaccines blocking virus spread that neither the companies nor EU regulators made before the vaccines were marketed.

Back on topic, the way I read the OP is that the lady had an autoimmune disorder to begin with, before she was vaccinated.  I have an auto immune disorder and because of it the only vaccines the doctor wanted me to have was the AZ vaccine,  Not everyone has a medical problem after taking a vaccine, and that can be the Influenza vaccine, the MMR vaccine, the Hepatitis vaccine or a multitude of others vaccines even the Covid vaccines, yet some, and that is "some" of the folks do have side effects from vaccines, side effects which can be deadly or cause other issues.  Trying to say that the vaccines for Covid were never tested is a misnomer.  

Let me ask you a double barreled question. Do you think the vaccines were rushed into production and do you think they were fully and scientifically evaluated? Bit of a yes/no thing here. One word answer would suffice for either or both parts of the question.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So why do vaccinated people still spread the virus? This is accepted. Why are people having 'severe adverse reactions'? Why are there claims for vaccine injury compensation? 

"The death of a psychologist after his Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 jab was due to "unintended complications of the vaccine", an inquest has ruled.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-65321937

This is no conspiracy theory or misinformation this is a finding from a coroner's court in the UK.  It's in the public realm and this is only one example.

There are hundreds of other lawsuits which have been filed for many other medication and drug interactions.  Remember the vaccines are not a sterilizing vaccine.  Do you really want to go down the road your going? You have done this before many times over the past few years and have always been shown the information to prove what your being told.  As we have had these types of conversations before, it gets tiring, and therefore I will let you do the research on both sides of the fence instead of doing it.  Agreeing to Disagree with your view and moving on.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, mommysboy said:

If there is a cautionary tale here then surely it would be to do with getting that vaccine.

But imo there is no cautionary tale at all- she simply has the misfortune to suffer from an auto immune disease.

It did get worse though. After the Jab.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

she received the final dose of the Moderna vaccine, her condition deteriorated significantly

Is this just coincidence?

I'm so happy we can have these conversations. Is the cat finally out of the bag?

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, cmsally said:

There have been many cases documented after the Covid vaccine.

The Lupus Foundation of America seems to think otherwise, at least in terms of  COVID vaccines being a cause for lupus.

"What if I have a family history of lupus, could the vaccine trigger the disease for me?

It is not likely that the COVID-19 vaccine could cause lupus and there have not been any reports of that happening....

The vaccine stimulates the immune system, but it does so in a very specific way that does not trigger an autoimmune response....

Studies have also shown that the vaccine generally does not lead to increased disease activity in people with lupus."

https://www.lupus.org/resources/covid19-vaccine-and-lupus

Also, from a recent study on lupus and COVID vaccines:

February 7, 2023

COVID-19 Vaccine Response and Management in People with Lupus

"The COVID vaccine was most effective and did not trigger disease flares when vaccine administration was managed along with the person’s lupus medications.

Some immunosuppressive drugs used to treat lupus increase COVID infection risk and decrease the vaccine’s effectiveness."

https://www.lupus.org/news/covid19-vaccine-response-and-management-in-people-with-lupus

In fact, the CDC and the American College of Rheumatology recommend that people with lupus and other autoimmune conditions get the vaccine, including an additional dose and a booster shot.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The autoimmune disease was pre-existing in this case, so is this relevant or a distraction?

Well from what they said -----  "We identified 31 cases of immune-mediated disease (IMD) (18 Females (58%); 13 males (42%)); mean age 34.6. Only 4 of them (13%) had an autoimmune background before COVID-19 vaccination. In 27 patients (87%) there was no autoimmune disease background and patients presented with new-onset disease (Table 1)."

15 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Well from what they said -----  "We identified 31 cases of immune-mediated disease (IMD) (18 Females (58%); 13 males (42%)); mean age 34.6. Only 4 of them (13%) had an autoimmune background before COVID-19 vaccination. In 27 patients (87%) there was no autoimmune disease background and patients presented with new-onset disease (Table 1)."

The study you cited found a correlation between the TIMING of people receiving a vaccine and then developing some condition.

TIMING correlation is not the same as CAUSATION. There MAY be a causation link, but it's one that needs to be proven to be real, which the cited study did not do.

It's like the old story about COVID vaccines -- a person gets a COVID vaccine, walks out of the vaccination center and gets hit and killed by a bus.... So are we to presume that COVID vaccines also trigger deaths by bus crashes?

Time correlation does not automatically mean causation.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's also been well established that COVID infections themselves can lead to post infection auto immune diseases or worsening of existing conditions:

Is that the original(nasty) Covid or the diluted strains that are around now?

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Is that the original(nasty) Covid or the diluted strains that are around now?

The two studies I previously posted on the subject, which you quoted from above, covered periods early in the pandemic, either 2020 or 2020 to 2021.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:16 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Misinformation once again. Fact check and many other sources prove your comments are wrong. The Pfizer executive never said what you folks are passing on.

Fact Check-Preventing transmission never required for COVID vaccines’ initial approval; Pfizer vax did reduce transmission of early variants | Reuters

To get emergency approval, companies needed to show that the vaccines were safe and prevented vaccinated people from getting ill. They did not have to show that the vaccine would also prevent people from spreading the virus to others. Once the vaccines were on the market, independent researchers in multiple countries studied people who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and did show that vaccination reduced transmission of variants circulating at the time.

The misleading posts imply that national restrictions such as vaccine passports were based on a promise of vaccines blocking virus spread that neither the companies nor EU regulators made before the vaccines were marketed.

Back on topic, the way I read the OP is that the lady had an autoimmune disorder to begin with, before she was vaccinated.  I have an auto immune disorder and because of it the only vaccines the doctor wanted me to have was the AZ vaccine,  Not everyone has a medical problem after taking a vaccine, and that can be the Influenza vaccine, the MMR vaccine, the Hepatitis vaccine or a multitude of others vaccines even the Covid vaccines, yet some, and that is "some" of the folks do have side effects from vaccines, side effects which can be deadly or cause other issues.  Trying to say that the vaccines for Covid were never tested is a misnomer.  

C'mon you are being unfair, using facts and evidence to back your claims. What about "muh feelings" that the other posters clearly used?

• Haha 1