Beauty Queen's Life Shattered by Autoimmune Disease: A Cautionary Tale

webfact

ok-2-27-768x433.jpg

Former beauty queen from Chonburi reveals her life experiences, warning others to take care of their health and be cautious of developing the same condition. She fell ill with an autoimmune disease that destroyed her life, reported Daily News.

On May 31st, a Facebook user named "Ireland" posted a cautionary story to raise awareness among those who neglect their health. She shared her own experience, urging people not to follow in her footsteps.

After discovering that she suffered from an autoimmune disease (รคภูมิคุ้มกันบกพร่อง) called "self-allergy," (แพ้ภูมิตัวเอง) which manifested as inflamed and irritated skin, her life took a turn for the worse. She, who once had a beautiful appearance, had to hide away and was afraid to interact with people.

IMG_2126.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Recently, news reporters visited the home of 24-year-old Kanlayarat Phromwong, also known as Ice, the owner of the aforementioned Facebook account. She resides in Nong Prue sub-district, Bang Lamung district, Chonburi province.

The reporters interviewed her about the events that had transpired. Ice, who suffers from the autoimmune disease, described her condition as severe skin allergies with red patches all over her body, accompanied by bleeding. She currently lives with her mother, as her father passed away when she was only 3 years old.

IMG_2130.jpg

Ice recounted that when she was 10 years old, she started helping her relatives sell fashion clothes at the local market to support her education and alleviate her mother's burden. This marked the beginning of her lifestyle, where she slept less due to closing the store late at night.

She would only get a few hours of sleep before waking up early to attend school. Additionally, she neglected physical exercise and indulged in whatever food she desired. She continued this lifestyle for several years until she completed her studies.

Then, she applied for a job as a beauty queen. During that time, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, her workplace, a golf course, offered employees the opportunity to receive a vaccine. However, Ice informed her employer that she couldn't get vaccinated due to her self-allergy.

IMG_2129-1.jpg

Despite her request, the company's policy required vaccination, so she decided to receive the vaccine.

After receiving the first dose of the Sinopharm vaccine, her body developed red rashes all over. She consulted a dermatologist who confirmed her self-allergy condition.

To alleviate the symptoms, she was prescribed corticosteroids (a potent anti-inflammatory medication). Initially, the medication showed improvement, but when she received the final dose of the Moderna vaccine, her condition deteriorated significantly. This time, the rashes appeared all over her body, and blood oozed from her skin.

She became so weak that she couldn't even make it to the bathroom, relying on her mother for constant care. It was then, on her birthday, September 25th, 2022, that she decided to share her story with everyone.

4477-504x450.jpg

Currently, Ice's condition is improving, but she still relies on corticosteroids to manage her immune response. In addition to modern medication, she has also tried traditional remedies, which have shown some positive results.

However, she can no longer eat whatever she pleases and has been unable to work for over a year. Her mother has been her constant support, and although Ice had contemplated suicide several times, her mother's encouragement has kept her going.

Thus, she decided to share her story and experiences as a reminder for everyone to live mindfully, take care of their health, choose nutritious food, exercise regularly, and avoid becoming like her until it's too late to find a cure.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-06-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 5

My opinion of whether she is beautiful or not changes in no way what this poor girls is going/went through. I hope she can find a way to get compensation for what she is suffering for.. . If she can prove she told the golf course she was allergic she should be able to sue them.

As for the beauty queen title... i disagree. i wish thais actually knew the meaning of beautiful/handsome. i am not handsome, but i worked in schools with ichabod crane look alikes and the thai teachers kept ranting over the handsome man. thais really dont have an appreciation of beauty. nonetheless... poor girl

Edited by Pink Mist
Replied to post removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

They made it very clear in the article what caused the problem. Did you even read it?

Yes, I did. Did you? I still wonder if creams/make-ups played some part (unknown or otherwise). Just thinking out loud.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, it sounds that way. At a time many feared for their livelihoods, especially in hospitality.  There was a lot of ignorance about at that time,  

There is still a lot....

I was in some larger shopping placa and at most shops it said "all staff vaccinated". Friend of mine, who works in an office without customer contact got told it is mandatory to get vaccinated or get fired. Luckily he could drag it out long enough till it got forgotten....he had covid without symptoms (slight headache which you could have without being sick as well)...only detected by the weekly tests.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Yes. Try watching a senior member being interviewed and admitting the vax had not been tested for transferability.  Plus if you think 12 white mice is good enough for you then crack on have you seen the report? Well its just blacked out pages. I got 2 vax and regret it so much. My wife got every one and became iller and iller till she had to stop work oh and about a month after her last shot she got covid. Note I got it as well (last vax was over a year) Mt symptoms lasted a few minutes then was gone. There are so many damaged now and I have several family members injured (try looking at the official uk government figures 1 in 800). The truth will always come out good or bad. 

Misinformation once again. Fact check and many other sources prove your comments are wrong. The Pfizer executive never said what you folks are passing on.

Fact Check-Preventing transmission never required for COVID vaccines’ initial approval; Pfizer vax did reduce transmission of early variants | Reuters

To get emergency approval, companies needed to show that the vaccines were safe and prevented vaccinated people from getting ill. They did not have to show that the vaccine would also prevent people from spreading the virus to others. Once the vaccines were on the market, independent researchers in multiple countries studied people who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and did show that vaccination reduced transmission of variants circulating at the time.

The misleading posts imply that national restrictions such as vaccine passports were based on a promise of vaccines blocking virus spread that neither the companies nor EU regulators made before the vaccines were marketed.

Back on topic, the way I read the OP is that the lady had an autoimmune disorder to begin with, before she was vaccinated.  I have an auto immune disorder and because of it the only vaccines the doctor wanted me to have was the AZ vaccine,  Not everyone has a medical problem after taking a vaccine, and that can be the Influenza vaccine, the MMR vaccine, the Hepatitis vaccine or a multitude of others vaccines even the Covid vaccines, yet some, and that is "some" of the folks do have side effects from vaccines, side effects which can be deadly or cause other issues.  Trying to say that the vaccines for Covid were never tested is a misnomer.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

Poor lady. I wonder if different make-ups and creams (whitening or not) played a part?

EXACTLY, that was also my thinking.... Thais are really REALLY into that kind of <deleted>, and they applyt whatever cream they can.. approved or not approved doesn´t matter...

9 hours ago, webfact said:

After receiving the first dose of the Sinopharm vaccine, her body developed red rashes all over. She consulted a dermatologist who confirmed her self-allergy condition.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

but when she received the final dose of the Moderna vaccine, her condition deteriorated significantly.

Am I reading this correctly?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Yes. Try watching a senior member being interviewed and admitting the vax had not been tested for transferability.  Plus if you think 12 white mice is good enough for you then crack on have you seen the report? Well its just blacked out pages. I got 2 vax and regret it so much. My wife got every one and became iller and iller till she had to stop work oh and about a month after her last shot she got covid. Note I got it as well (last vax was over a year) Mt symptoms lasted a few minutes then was gone. There are so many damaged now and I have several family members injured (try looking at the official uk government figures 1 in 800). The truth will always come out good or bad. 

Oh please do show that evidence of it only being tested on a few mice. Jeez, you lot just make up stuff and think it is facts. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1