an awful day

soalbundy

I guess an awful day thermology is in the eye of the beholder, i can think of many, many others who would love to be in the op shores right now, I'm talking about the hungry, sick and destitute and the hapless souls on this earth, but again, it is all in the eye of the beholder.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

8 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I guess an awful day thermology is in the eye of the beholder, i can think of many, many others who would love to be in the op shores right now, I'm talking about the hungry, sick and destitute and the hapless souls on this earth, but again, it is all in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, it is all relative to ones own life, many in Ukraine wouldn't understand it as awful.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nikmar said:

i dont know, look tot he positives. You found friends when you were in need and have a story that youll laugh about in the future over a glass or two - maybe with said friends. 

Yes, awful at the time but later, friking hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Thanks.

I really enjoyed reading it, as I like to write also, even though primarily in French.

The ability to write must be kept alive.....

Regards..

Thanks for that. I do enjoy writing, it's a hobby of mine, I have a whole collection of amusing true stories that have happened to me here which I send to my sister in Australia, she thinks I ought to publish them.

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I can't believe you felt the urge to Google fact-check that.

And then got it so terribly, terribly wrong.

Fact is that Asian water buffalo weigh from 700 to 1,200 kg.

https://www.altinawildlife.com/asian-water-buffalo-2/

Thanks for the support but it's not worth bothering about, he obviously has never seen a Thai water buffalo up close, beautiful animals whose eyelashes a girl would die for.

2 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

They range in weight from 300–550 kg

Well,

mine is 876 Kilograms precise 4 month ago at the vererinary and his shoulders reach my chin makes him above 160cm shoulder height considering I am 186 cm tall.

Aggressive, OK he will block the way towards me as soon you approach and by accident he hit me once with his horns as some bug has bitten him on his back and he turned his head. 

Beside this he is very gentle and if he needs a break from work he even can start crying...  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Living here 23 yrs on and not one of those things have happened to me in TH, while visiting Patts, Bangkok, most large metros or enjoying the countryside.

YMMV

Lucky you are so smart and understand sarcasm..

It was more meant to be like, No Goose and Buffaloes in Pattaya but other things could happen.

Got it now??

22 years here and follow the rules which keeps me out of troubles as well.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

In Thailand, wild water buffaloes have been reported to occur in small herds of less than 40 individuals. A population of 25–60 individuals inhabited lowland areas of the Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary between December 1999 and April 2001. This population has not grown significantly in 15 years, and is maybe interbreeding with domestic water buffaloes.[24]

I doubt he encountered one of the very few Asian water buffalos

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Surprisingly, never even been growled at .. by dogs anyway at 7-11.

I started with 2 of them in Pattaya.

Just little Puppies that got kicked away all time at lake Maprachan 7eleven...

Put them in the side car of my scooter and that was it.

After 2 years of stubbornness they changed like somebody turned their switch on.

From one day to the other their 15 minutes training was not enough anymore and they wanted to learn and show more.

Now on my farm they are already 12 years old and 3 puppies from the Garbage Dumping area in Khon Kaen joined us... 

I guess also, if you not accidently step on them a 7eleven dog will never bite but they are capable (with a little more patience) to become brilliant guard dogs due to their experiences in front of the door of 7/11.

They have met more different human characters and can read their faces better I have the feeling.

All 5 on my farm work very well with our goose who are the alarm system and the dogs do the checking then.. 

But as @soalbundy posted, I am always careful with our geese, they are just unpredictable.

If they think you are standing on a spot that they not appreciate, its time for self defense and for the attacker is Christmas a few month ealier.. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Reginald Prewster said:

I started with 2 of them in Pattaya.

Just little Puppies that got kicked away all time at lake Maprachan 7eleven...

Put them in the side car of my scooter and that was it.

After 2 years of stubbornness they changed like somebody turned their switch on.

From one day to the other their 15 minutes training was not enough anymore and they wanted to learn and show more.

Now on my farm they are already 12 years old and 3 puppies from the Garbage Dumping area in Khon Kaen joined us... 

I guess also, if you not accidently step on them a 7eleven dog will never bite but they are capable (with a little more patience) to become brilliant guard dogs due to their experiences in front of the door of 7/11.

They have met more different human characters and can read their faces better I have the feeling.

All 5 on my farm work very well with our goose who are the alarm system and the dogs do the checking then.. 

But as @soalbundy posted, I am always careful with our geese, they are just unpredictable.

If they think you are standing on a spot that they not appreciate, its time for self defense and for the attacker is Christmas a few month ealier.. 

9 yrs ago, after dumped at the wat across the street & shunned by resident dogs, followed me down the drive one day, while I was operating drones. 

Went from self appointed outdoor guard dog, to sleeping in our bed now.

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Went from self appointed outdoor guard dog, to sleeping in our bed now.

Uh, don't dogs usually sleep in beds?  ????

After returning from work abroad, it was hard to get this habit eliminated. 

But since I showed my wife what dogs are capable to learn (I was as youngster dog trainer in Germany) she claims that our dogs are not the same, they are "people". 

I wanted attending guard dogs, no chance to get poisoned or allowing somebody to carry something out of the gate without one of us opening it..

(the DHL boy was laying for 6 hrs in the glowing sun, because of the tiny insignificant difference between carrying "in" and carrying "out")

But the worst was to learn them "talk" - by meaning sitting in front of me and pretending to have a conversation.

(all for a treat, but my wife now still believes that they really talk)   

Still when thunderstorms passing through or fireworks get set off, one of them sneaks under the bedsheets. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The reference that you supplied was referring to a Wild Asian buffalo. I doubt that the O/P encountered one of those.. How did you get it so terribly, terribly wrong?

'Wild water buffalo are larger and heavier than domestic buffalo, and weigh from 700 to 1,200 kg'. 

Care to try again?

Edited by Moonlover