an awful day

soalbundy

44 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Thought the scout uniform was redundant due to high school costs ? (in places anyway)

Yes but not all of it, even the shoes and socks are prescribed but you get a free choice of underwear. He is going to apply for pre military training in order to get out of the call up and will have to go to boot camp as well, I am not too sure how he will handle that because when he went on a 3 day camping with the scouts he didn't like the fact that the communal tent had no air con. Somewhat spoilt so maybe boot camp is what he needs.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:44 PM, SunsetT said:

Nowt to worry about mate. The village fortuner has obviously put a curse on you...????.

5555555, It got worse, at the end of this month my company pension from BMW didn't arrive, after a few E-mails back and forth it appears that their certificate of proof of life hadn't reached me so I couldn't fill it out and send it off, consequently they just stopped payment so now I'm going through the motions to get it started again. Black magic is big in my area, taken very seriously so only think positive thoughts when it's dark, advice from my MIL.

On 6/1/2023 at 7:00 AM, bigt3116 said:

They range in weight from 300–550 kg

On 6/1/2023 at 9:56 AM, KhunLA said:

Living here 23 yrs on and not one of those things have happened to me in TH, while visiting Patts, Bangkok, most large metros or enjoying the countryside.

YMMV

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
po·et·ic li·cense
noun
noun: poetic licence
  1. the freedom to depart from the facts of a matter or from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect.
    "he used a little poetic license to embroider a good tale"

20 hours ago, soalbundy said:

5555555, It got worse, at the end of this month my company pension from BMW didn't arrive, after a few E-mails back and forth it appears that their certificate of proof of life hadn't reached me so I couldn't fill it out and send it off, consequently they just stopped payment so now I'm going through the motions to get it started again. Black magic is big in my area, taken very seriously so only think positive thoughts when it's dark, advice from my MIL.

Oh no! I hope you get the pension sorted and the curse is lifted soon...555

On 6/1/2023 at 7:00 AM, ezzra said:

I guess an awful day thermology is in the eye of the beholder, i can think of many, many others who would love to be in the op shores right now, I'm talking about the hungry, sick and destitute and the hapless souls on this earth, but again, it is all in the eye of the beholder.

That was your takeaway from the op's story?

We are all aware of the horrors of this world, but, sometimes, things that affect US have a slightly more direct impact. 

That WAS an awful day for the op. 

Edited by mikebike

18 hours ago, mikebike said:

That was your takeaway from the op's story?

We are all aware of the horrors of this world, but, sometimes, things that affect US have a slightly more direct impact. 

That WAS an awful day for the op. 

I prefer life in the real world.

It's far better than dreaming or having nightmares then telling stories to total strangers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 1:11 AM, soalbundy said:

Yes, it is all relative to ones own life, many in Ukraine wouldn't understand it as awful.

I’ve not watched or listened to one thing about the US war in Ukraine vs Russia since the cost of living went up when it started. If possible don’t bring it up. Cheers  ???? 

Edited by Stevey

27 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I’ve not watched or listened to one thing about the US war in Ukraine vs Russia since the cost of living went up when it started. If possible don’t bring it up. Cheers  ???? 

America has been living beyond its means for decades, its just reality hitting earlier than expected.