New to Wise...appreciate your hep

First time using Wise for transfer from U.S. to Bangkok Bank. Established Wise account fine. But... it gives me error when trying a test transfer. "We currently cannot accept payments to this account." Went through long exchange with Wise Support. They finally said that they do not know why this is happening. I'm getting a similar error when trying to add $ to balance. Must be doing somethig wrong. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Tariya

Are you sure you have done all the account verification steps?

If you can't add dollars to your Wise dollar account then it would seem the problem is with your Wise account itself.

How did you try add dollars; - manual bank transfer? linking your bank account? using a visa card? credit card?

Visa debit card should be straight forward enough, just put in your card details.

If this isnt possible then you need to push support to solve it.

Yes, I received Wise notice that account was opened and approved. As I mentioned I also cannot add $ to balance. With ach it takes me through Plaid service to my account where I approve the link. But the Wise tells me it cannot transfer funds. Same with debit card: "Sorry, card payment method is unavailable for this payment, you can fund this payment via another payment method."

Completed all the verification steps which Wise acknowledged. I pushed and pushed Wise support, even sent them a requested console screenshot. They said there was nothing they could do. Strange they weren't more supportive.

Don't need to fund, just press send money (centre bottom of screen), add your Thai bank, then automatic bank transfer, select your bank, will open new window that goes to your bank to verify transfer.

That's what happens to me

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Tariya said:

I'm getting a similar error when trying to add $ to balance

Go to bank account website. Type in Wise code and account number. Transfer $1.

You can't add funds from Wise to Wise. You do that from your bank website.

Give a friend or family member your Wise account number and sort code. Ask them to send $5 to your Wise account. If it is received successfully you will know that the problem is with your US bank (not accepting payments to Wise). If it fails you will know that the problem is with Wise.

There are two very separate paths using Wise to transfer to Bangkok Bank account.  You can transfer funds to a Wise account and then use that account to transfer to BBL or you can just transfer directly from a US account to BBL account.  But believe accounts have to be set up first - US account believe is by logging on through a 3rd party via Wise and foreign account with a test transfer/report amount.  Once set up all accounts will appear as options on Wise screens.

My initial attempts to send money resulted in a message from my bank declaring that as Wise is a new payee we must checkout their validity,so talk to your US bank about payments to Wise as being a legit payee

Within my bank app I can see Wise as a confirmed payee.

Make sure your remit details both for your bank and Wise are correct as your bank has no record of your attempts to use your account for this purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1

The astonishing speed ofWise monies landing is even more electric currently

I've always said that the monies are in the receiving account by the time I've logged in on the smartphone app

I'd change that and say its even before I've picked up the phone.  I've been pound cost averaging lately with Sterling well over 43.

The speed of transfer (however it is done) is just insane cross borders

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How do you get a hold of these people at Wise. They don't respond to emails...too busy they say....I'm trying to get through the verification process but they keep saying the pictures or whatever are not clear, etc. They are to my naked eye. I've been using them for over a year. What's goinf on?

1 hour ago, streetlite said:

How do you get a hold of these people at Wise. They don't respond to emails...too busy they say....I'm trying to get through the verification process but they keep saying the pictures or whatever are not clear, etc. They are to my naked eye. I've been using them for over a year. What's goinf on?

Maybe try cleaning your camera lens. Just a thought.

Hold the front page......

All is well as normal service resumes after the previous outrageously slow landing time of 17 minutes is banished from the memory ????

4 seconds this Sunday morning......RBS to Wise to SCB

Gross rate of 44.47

Topppp performance

Joking aside I'd recommend that people do take advanyage of the current slightly higher rate because its Sterling rising against the USD that is pushing the Sterling/Baht north in anticipation of another interest rate rise here in blighty

I suspect after any rise Sterling will dip slightly as traders as always will "buy the rumour sell the news"

I'm a great believer in pound cost averging

Edited by Chivas
  • Thumbs Up 1