Is it still possible to obtain a "family / parent" Non O ME visa (outside Thailand)

Following up from another post in a different group, several years ago I looked into getting a Non O ME parent visa as I have a Thai child (legitimized) here. Back then I believe they were available from Savanakhet (Laos) and maybe Malaysia. All you needed was a signed copy of the mother's ID and your name on the birth certificate and I assume you needed to show 400k in the bank?

I have heard people comment a few times Savanakhet not doing them anymore or not doing them if the mother isn't present. Or maybe not doing them at all anymore. Is anyone currently using this visa or have more information? If so how does it work? You have to leave and re enter Thailand every three months?

Do you need the 400k in the bank?

I am separated from my son's mother for some years and he has been in my full time care since. Lost contact with her several years ago. I am currently on a proper parent visa extension and have been for some years but would be handy to know should my situation change 

Savannakhet has not done them based on Thai child for a long time. The last consulate in the region known to do them was Penang. Financial proof was needed. Reports suggest you can no longer get them there.

Some nationalities might be able to get them in home country, or through the e-visa system.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, BritTim said:

The last consulate in the region known to do them was Penang. Financial proof was needed. Reports suggest you can no longer get them there.

Confirmed with the consul there - no more ME based on Thai family.  Only SE and told to apply for extension if needed.