Wang Prachan Border Crossing for ME Non O 90 Day Border Run

Hello everyone, 

I've got a ME Non O by marriage, and I need to do my 90 day border bounce.  Normally I do Ranong but I've since moved to Trang and I'm finding all sorts of different information about the Malay borders.  I'm hoping to do my bounce at Wang Prachan...but does anyone know the latest?  Do I have to pay a "fee" even though I'm not doing a border run and am not a tourist?  What about this requirement of having to stay at least  1 night in Malaysia, is that for everyone or just the tourist border run folks?

It seems everyone has a different experience, but I'm hoping/wondering anyone has some up to date info.

Thanks

Just stayed 6 months in Thailand and did my border runs there, January and march. I was on a METV, so no fees, also no staying in Malaysia for a night.

First time filling in TM6, then out Thailand, to Malaysia, check in, 2 passes to right and check out again, back to Thailand.

Second time TM6, then out Thailand, to Malaysia, check in, NO more 2 passes to right to check out again, back to Thailand.

You better be there very early as it can be crowded, lots of Russians. I did one time, a day before my limit and came in later, not a good idea.

Not only filled up with Russians, but also loooooots of tourists. The whole road up the hill was packed with cars and busses and walking tourists.

Turnend back again and had to go next day, EARLY

• Like 1

It wa

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Just stayed 6 months in Thailand and did my border runs there, January and march. I was on a METV, so no fees, also no staying in Malaysia for a night.

First time filling in TM6, then out Thailand, to Malaysia, check in, 2 passes to right and check out again, back to Thailand.

Second time TM6, then out Thailand, to Malaysia, check in, NO more 2 passes to right to check out again, back to Thailand.

You better be there very early as it can be crowded, lots of Russians. I did one time, a day before my limit and came in later, not a good idea.

Not only filled up with Russians, but also loooooots of tourists. The whole road up the hill was packed with cars and busses and walking tourists.

Turnend back again and had to go next day, EARLY

It was almost empty after 3pm when I was there

This border post is in the middle of a national park that straddles Thailand and Malaysia. I went to it for a visa exempt border bounce two weeks ago from Phuket using a local Phuket visa-run outfit.  We arrived just before 1 pm and the border area was quiet.  In and out in about 10 minutes. Very good experience.

• Like 2