2 killed, 30 injured in a bus accident in Kanchanaburi

webfact

image.jpeg

At least two passengers were killed and about 30 others injured when a double-decker bus flipped over on a road in Si Sawat district of Kanchanaburi province on Saturday.

Several passengers were trapped inside the bus after the accident and the emergency services had to use power tools to cut them out.

About 60 passengers from Ang Thong province, having completed a study trip to Kanchanaburi, were travelling home when the accident happed on a sharp bend. The driver appears to have lost control, struck the roadside barrier and flipped over.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/2-killed-30-injured-in-a-bus-accident-in-kanchanaburi/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-06-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

About 60 passengers from Ang Thong province, having completed a study trip to Kanchanaburi, were travelling home when the accident happed on a sharp bend. The driver appears to have lost control, struck the roadside barrier and flipped over.

And so it continues... 

• Like 2

I see a lot of commercial drivers pretending to be F1 drivers on the road. The land of wannabes and pretenders is bound to yield results like this. He could’ve been overtaking another vehicle at full speed on a bend or something. Morons having people’s lives in their hands. Go figure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I see a lot of commercial drivers pretending to be F1 drivers on the road. The land of wannabes and pretenders is bound to yield results like this. He could’ve been overtaking another vehicle at full speed on a bend or something. Morons having people’s lives in their hands. Go figure. 

There is only one F1 driver, and that is Mr. Verstappen, and for sure not a Thai bus driver.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

after the accident

An accident it is NOT,  Oh look a sharp bend coming up, now what am i supposed to do, I took my test at 15 KPH and no bends, better not use the brakes they might fail, i'll just coast around it.............:post-4641-1156694572:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Ok I give you that. He’s good. Just needs to work on his personality. ????????????

Yep ,that's for sure,He's a bit off a pain/ Show off. 

I know it's not nice to say for an Fellow use to be his country man . 

I have just driven back around this bend today coming home from Srisawat and have done hundreds of times over the past 30 years.  There are Huge Signs warning people in English and Thai, telling people to use engine braking and not to rely on brakes as they do and will overheat and not work!!!!

There are guardrailings and cements bolsters which the bus rolled over this time again!  Sadly I have seen and continue to see many Thai bus driving heros that ignore the signs and crash at this last bend less than 300 meters from the flat road at the entrance to the Srinakarin Dam.

It will never end!!!