Thai Girlfriend Stabs Foreign Boyfriend in the Leg in Front of Shocked Tourists in Pattaya

webfact

33 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

sorry dude, bad advice in my book then you are up to having people walk all over you. in life, if you are not willing to stand your ground then you are a push over. your advice reminds me of the guy who said that rather than have house insurance he rather leave a door open so thieves dont break anything...555 cant remember if that was you...  ; 0

I still agree with you about weed even if i cant toke anymore

I dont think thats  strictly true.  I have found there is normally little to be gained by trying to negotiate aka.  "arguing"  especially with Thai women.However  there is no need to allow oneself  be walked all over. A flat refusal to their demands and a flat refusal to discuss the matter further is the way to go. In my experience this stops matters escalating to the stabbing level. By all means stand your ground but negotiation (argument) is normally pointless

I would not leave the house unlocked, but I generally leave my car unlocked as I keep nothing of value inside it, and if somebody really wanted to get in It takes only a second or two to smash a window and  its  a pain to get it repaired  Probably a result of originating from Liverpool but these days its almost impossible for an opportunist thief to start a car with out the key / transponder

4 hours ago, ThailandTommy said:

"Before the stabbing, eyewitnesses noticed the two arguing over something."

could it have possibly been money? 

It is all about the money or the mia noi, which in the longrun ends in all about the money !!! ???? ???? ????   Meja even made a song about it.

For whatever reason, he "fled the scene" as he didn't want his identity made known.  Hopefully he was able to get medical attention to address his wound.  Whether they would report this to the police or not is up to the policies and procedures of that medical facility.  

6 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I dont think thats  strictly true.  I have found there is normally little to be gained by trying to negotiate aka.  "arguing"  especially with Thai women.However  there is no need to allow oneself  be walked all over. A flat refusal to their demands and a flat refusal to discuss the matter further is the way to go. In my experience this stops matters escalating to the stabbing level. By all means stand your ground but negotiation (argument) is normally pointless

I would not leave the house unlocked, but I generally leave my car unlocked as I keep nothing of value inside it, and if somebody really wanted to get in It takes only a second or two to smash a window and  its  a pain to get it repaired  Probably a result of originating from Liverpool but these days its almost impossible for an opportunist thief to start a car with out the key / transponder

I agree. Most ppl who quarrel in public over minor things end up making themselves look stupid. And nothing productive ever comes of it

16 hours ago, rubyjuan said:

Imagine if he(farang) stabbed a Thai?   His name, mugshot and all his info would be plastered all over creation.  

Imagine this though, it wasn't so it isn't.

Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

A flat refusal to their demands and a flat refusal to discuss the matter further is the way to go. In my experience this stops matters escalating to the stabbing level. By all means stand your ground but negotiation (argument) is normally pointless

All well and good but based on personal experience, before embracing the moral high-ground or insisting on having the last word, one really needs to ensure that she doesn't have a gun.

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Did anyone finally pull the knife out?

Could make things worse if no experienced medical staff on site. Might even be better to drive to the hospital with the knife stuck.

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Amazing how sharp knives are freely sold in markets. Every night market has a bunch of dangerous knives for sale.

Sounds like you don't come from a country where AR15 rifles are sold over the counter :biggrin:

• Haha 2

On my few occassions to have a beer in vicinity. I've witnessed some rough looking Thai ladies with foreigners. Not to try to be disrespectful, but yeah some rough ladies. I'm sure they're lovely.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Muzzique said:

The guy fled before the police came so probably up to no good. He dictated his lifestyle so has to live with the consequences.

so what kind of feeling washes over you as you make therse authoritative but entirely nonsensical pronouncements?

Is it smug rightoueoness? Superiority?

Do you feel a sense of satisfaction despite adding nothing to the discussion?

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds like you don't come from a country where AR15 rifles are sold over the counter :biggrin:

I always thought the American gun laws are great...but with that knife attack I am getting doubts if it would be a good idea when in Thailand the girls go around with guns in the handbags....when they get their jealous moments......AR15 at least they could not hide it in the handbag.

• Haha 1

Just now, n00dle said:

so what kind of feeling washes over you as you make therse authoritative but entirely nonsensical pronouncements?

Is it smug rightoueoness? Superiority?

Do you feel a sense of satisfaction despite adding nothing to the discussion?

A would say everyone who didn't got stabbed by the girlfriend is in some things superior...as that doesn't happen per accident.