Which is best Savannakhet or Vientiane for TV ? (long term stay)

Hello, I'm now in Laos trying to get a TV. My history of stay is TV - Non_r - EV(border run) - EV(border run), total stay in Thailand is about 15 month. Also I'm not sure whether I have sufficient documents as I'm going to provide temporary 10usd flight ticket as onward flight and show current balance of my credit card (not 3 month history as it's required) as funds proof. Please help with these questions

1. Which consulate will I have more chances with Savannakhet or Vientiane ? 

2. In practice, how much possible is it to get 3rd EV through land border? I know about the rule but maybe there is a chance 

Neither Vientiane nor Savannakhet will issue you a tourist visa if you fail to provide them with the 3-month bank statement they require.

You seem to be in Laos already. To apply in Vientiane, you need to book an appointment, usually a couple of weeks in advance.

You appear to be a bit underprepared. How long do you plan to stay in Laos?

Edited to add: Regarding visa exempt entries by land, the limit of two per calendar year is strictly enforced, but doesn't apply to nationals of some countries that have a bilateral agreement with Thailand. What's your nationality?

Edited by Caldera
  • Thanks 1

For long stay tourists, there is a good chance of being refused a tourist visa both in Vientiane and Savannakhet. However (assuming you can get an appointment) your chances will be better in Vientiane.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Neither Vientiane nor Savannakhet will issue you a tourist visa if you fail to provide them with the 3-month bank statement they require.

You seem to be in Laos already. To apply in Vientiane, you need to book an appointment, usually a couple of weeks in advance.

You appear to be a bit underprepared. How long do you plan to stay in Laos?

Edited to add: Regarding visa exempt entries by land, the limit of two per calendar year is strictly enforced, but doesn't apply to nationals of some countries that have a bilateral agreement with Thailand. What's your nationality?

I've made an appointment in Vientiane, it's in ten days. So I was wandering if it makes sense to wait if I can go to Savannakhet. But It seems in Vientiane I have little more chances. I'm from Ukraine, there's no special agreement as far as I know 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

So I take it from your entry history you burned BOTH the visa exempt entries you are allowed by land in a calendar year?

Yes, I did. Thank you for your response 

Edited by nvrmorrv

4 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

You can get monthly extensions with a letter from your embassy based on the war situation.

Just a thought, I could be wrong; If OP is a young able-bodied guy, I doubt the Ukraine embassy will be sympathetic to him sitting out the war here with a diplomatic "hall pass". 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

If you can't get the tourist visa and have to fly in go to Chiang Mai or Phuket.. <- Those two have the least denial of entry of any international airports in thailand.

I thought Phuket wasn't a good choice, or at least there were some stories on this forum a few years ago of problems.

15 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

????You are almost sure to be denied entry at DMK or BKK. If you can't get the tourist visa and have to fly in go to Chiang Mai or Phuket.. <- Those two have the least denial of entry of any international airports in thailand.

Phuket is a notoriously unfriendly airport when it comes to people with extensive recent history, and imho would be a terrible choice.

Chiang Mai would be a safer option.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ketilnm said:

And why do you say that?

When other people here say the opposit?

The OP has been in Thailand seems 15 months.

Also appears he has used his two visa exempt entry visa exempt entries per calendar year.

He possibly may have options.

Fly in visa exempt OR obtain a SETV.

Both of which very problematic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP has been in Thailand seems 15 months.

Also appears he has used his two visa exempt entry visa exempt entries per calendar year.

He possibly may have options.

Fly in visa exempt OR obtain a SETV.

Both of which very problematic. 

Oki, but can he get a regular single entry turist visa?

Regards

21 minutes ago, ketilnm said:

Regards

Not with the sparse documentation he has at the moment, ie. inadequate proof of funds.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, ketilnm said:

The OP mentioned using credit card for proof of funds.

That is not even acceptable for visa exempt entry.

Certainly no use for tourist visa.

With his history seems he is between rock and hard place imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP mentioned using credit card for proof of funds.

That is not even acceptable for visa exempt entry.

Certainly no use for tourist visa.

With his history seems he is between rock and hard place imo.

oki yes.  He will need 3-month financial statements with an average balance of 20,000 baht

Basically a bank statement?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Time for trip to another country.

Go live in Vietnam for few months. 

I'm glad you could understand that gobbledygook 'visa' and entry summary. 

If you want help you need to drop the acronyms. I think DrJack gave you some great advice.  

• Thumbs Up 1