Canadian extradited hitman suspect to stand trial in Bangkok for drug kingpin’s murder in Phuket

webfact

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im surprised Canada is extraditing him to a country that has the death sentence, This happened just around the corner from where I live then there was an English guy who killed an American guy who got extradited back to Thailand, that also happened in my area, Rawai 

I think thats why Norway will not let the guy be sent back to Thailand 

I think they agree that execution is off the table before the extradition.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Many. A quick Google search gives a sample.

• 2019: A German man was extradited to Thailand to face charges of child sexual abuse.
  • 2018: A British man was extradited to Thailand to face charges of murder.
  • 2017: A Canadian man was extradited to Thailand to face charges of drug trafficking.
  • 2016: A Chinese man was extradited to Thailand to face charges of fraud.
  • 2015: A Japanese man was extradited to Thailand to face charges of money laundering.

That's interesting. I wonder what that was about - Germany has a constitutional ban on extraditing citizens. Which is why Mr. Winterkorn (former VW CEO) will probably be a domestic tourist for the rest of his life.

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Im surprised Canada is extraditing him to a country that has the death sentence, This happened just around the corner from where I live then there was an English guy who killed an American guy who got extradited back to Thailand, that also happened in my area, Rawai 

The Norwegian authorities will not let the guy be sent back to Thailand becouse Norway does not have  extradition treaty with Thailand.. It is possible for Thailand to apply for get the guy sent back, but that is up to the norwegian gouverment to decide..   

I come from Norway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

those stats kinda put canada at the top of the list for extraditers. ..

Thanks for proving my point. im kinda too lazy to google much

thanks bud

He is an alleged killer bud. Your other points are sound.

11 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

talking through your nose? i ain't eligilbe for the 500$ a month cos i left b4 i had my 20 years in

As for the max 1200$ after 40 years? what the hell can i do on 30 000bht a month handout. dont make assumptions about me, ya aint got a clue bub

PS i aint 60 yet so no i aint happy about the pension. as the infomercial says 'clap your clapper'

Your pension numbers are a bit off.

Moved back to Alberta after 25 years out of the system, 28 out of 40 years of eligibility.

CPP, OAP, GIS total of 2660 CDN dollars per month, plus child care, plus rental subsidies, plus GST credits, plus Carbon tax credits

I've been out of the Canadian system for a long time and I am constantly amazed at the amount of money they give me.

• Thanks 1

Lack of an extradition treaty is no guarantee they won't send someone packing.  Brazil is known for its lack of such treaties, made famous with cases like Ronnie Biggs, but each of these is on a case-by-case basis.  Sometimes it is simply "we don't want you here."   I would expect it is the same from any country.

34 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Moved back to Alberta after 25 years out of the system, 28 out of 40 years of eligibility.

CPP, OAP, GIS total of 2660 CDN dollars per month, plus child care, plus rental subsidies, plus GST credits, plus Carbon tax credits

I've been out of the Canadian system for a long time and I am constantly amazed at the amount of money they give me.

Because you were probably in early on the ponzi. My wife knows a 70+ year old couple that own a 8 million dollar chicken farm. The wife still gets $2500 a month from the govt from her pension even though they make probably 5 or 600,000 a year and have no debt. But she got in early and all the new rules over the last 40 years are grandfathered for her. 

I sometimes assume that these are professional criminals that are supposed to know what they are doing. I thought maybe, just maybe these guys knew how to cover their tracks. But nope. This poor sod was arrested in Alberta and he's gonna throw away a big part of his life for it. For larping as a professional gangster  

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It looks like it is all up to the judge. This judge didn't seem to care at all and said even if he is put to death, it will be by injection. 

From Edmonton Journal: 

Dupre’s lawyers argued against extradition on the grounds he could be sentenced to death if convicted of Sandhu’s murder. But Kiss said judges in extradition hearings cannot concern themselves with the issue of potential punishment, saying extradition committal hearings are a “modest screening device.”

“I note that if he is convicted, the only sentence is death by lethal injection,” Kiss said. “This is simply not a factor I’m permitted to consider at this stage of the extradition proceedings.” 

4 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

It looks like it is all up to the judge. This judge didn't seem to care at all and said even if he is put to death, it will be by injection. 

From Edmonton Journal: 

Dupre’s lawyers argued against extradition on the grounds he could be sentenced to death if convicted of Sandhu’s murder. But Kiss said judges in extradition hearings cannot concern themselves with the issue of potential punishment, saying extradition committal hearings are a “modest screening device.”

“I note that if he is convicted, the only sentence is death by lethal injection,” Kiss said. “This is simply not a factor I’m permitted to consider at this stage of the extradition proceedings.” 

If he is a murderer then does he deserve better? No.

22 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

These are the kind of people you might be sitting next to in places like Phuket and Pattaya.

Rather you than me, that's all I can say.

If they want to keep a low profile they could be in Hua Hin and Chang Mai too....But yes, we do see a few that 'have that look' in town,

9 hours ago, bignok said:

He is an alleged killer bud. Your other points are sound.

So canada sends its dirty laundry out to be taken care where there is the death penalty? how noble of my beloved country, and this has to have been approved by pretty boy troudecul (trudeau)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

do you know quebec?

11 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

So canada sends its dirty laundry out to be taken care where there is the death penalty? how noble of my beloved country, and this has to have been approved by pretty boy troudecul (trudeau)

Murderers who cares.

7 minutes ago, bignok said:

Murderers who cares.

i dont, but i care about the hypocrisy of my country. canada keeps trying to show a holier than thou image of itself when in fact it is a shatty place to live. taxation without representation, quebec's ministers just voted themselves a 30% salary increase but fail to give teacers 3%. i dont want to go there anymore cos i am going off topic. but fact is, canada should give this guy life without possibility of parole in a max security prison rather than send him back here

10 hours ago, BusyB said:

That's interesting. I wonder what that was about - Germany has a constitutional ban on extraditing citizens. Which is why Mr. Winterkorn (former VW CEO) will probably be a domestic tourist for the rest of his life.

So murderers can fly overseas, kill someone, fly back and no problems.

Great idea.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

canada should give this guy life without possibility of parole in a max security prison rather than send him back here

Then Canadians have to pay for it. He allegedly killed someone overseas, really nothing to do with Canada.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i dont, but i care about the hypocrisy of my country. canada keeps trying to show a holier than thou image of itself when in fact it is a shatty place to live. taxation without representation, quebec's ministers just voted themselves a 30% salary increase but fail to give teacers 3%. i dont want to go there anymore cos i am going off topic. but fact is, canada should give this guy life without possibility of parole in a max security prison rather than send him back here

We don't miss you. What's really going on? The French kids take your lunch money @ school? As for Justin he has won 3 elections in a row. His government just banned war weapons for sale, increased pension benefits for retirees over 70 and enacted a child dental program. The Trump wannabe leading the Cons, a climate change denier, has zero chance of beating him next election.

Canadian media reported that the Royal Thailand Embassy gave the Canadian federal Minster of Justice, a Quebecer, written assurances that the death penalty was not to be applied if found guilty. 

The accused served 9 years in the Canadian army, special forces, including a tour in Afghanistan. Then worked as a mercenary in Syria and Iraq. It's being speculated that he was a professional hit man. Who knows how many assassinations he got away with. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, pegman said:

We don't miss you.

We? Speak for yourself. i could care less what you think. but you obviously care about what i think or yoj would not have typed such a boring long winded post. so, go back to your beloved premier. just cos he won 3 times dont make him good, it just shows that the opposition sucks more

25 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

We? Speak for yourself. i could care less what you think. but you obviously care about what i think or yoj would not have typed such a boring long winded post. so, go back to your beloved premier. just cos he won 3 times dont make him good, it just shows that the opposition sucks more

I am a social démocrate so would never vote Liberal Party. My NDP hold the balance of power and are doing a great job in getting some great legislation passed. You are right about the Cons sucking.