American transwoman marries Thai woman, fueling hopes for future of same sex marriage (video)

webfact

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:
16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you plan on abusing the system by lying then, huh?

If I identify as a woman, are you trying to tell me I can't change my mind as often as I like?

seems you will be lying. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. It depends on the gender in the passport regardless. 

The American passport can say the person is a female if they want, but if they were born as a male then they are a male.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AndyFoxy said:

The American passport can say the person is a female if they want, but if they were born as a male then they are a male.

I'm talking about the LAW. You're talking about your political opinions.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Having read the full story carefully ..... It appears the American man likes to dress as a woman, and the Thai is a woman ...... so not a same sex marriage, but a heterosexual couple.

You need to read it again, the Thai is a bloke also, so, to use your classification method, "a homosexual couple", two men pretending to be women.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

but if it says male, she can. 

Hate to be pedantic, but there's a typo here. Shouldn't that be "if it says male, he can"? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The couple is a Thai woman and an American transgender woman. Not two blokes.

The Thai is a man also.  He (the Thai) makes reference to when he first met Danny he (the Thai) was not interested in him (Danny) because he (the Thai) was not attracted to the same gender.  Very confusing but, two blokes.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:
8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Having read the full story carefully ..... It appears the American man likes to dress as a woman, and the Thai is a woman ...... so not a same sex marriage, but a heterosexual couple.

You need to read it again, the Thai is a bloke also, so, to use your classification method, "a homosexual couple", two men pretending to be women.

can you please show me where the thai female is a thai male. i do not see that anywhere in the story at all. in fact she was married to a thai man before from what i just read....

citing Chalalai’s lack of experience with transwomen due to her previous marriage to a man, fate had different plans in store for the couple.

thanks. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

........ Chalalai’s lack of experience with transwomen due to her previous marriage to a man ........

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Thai is a man also.  He (the Thai) makes reference to when he first met Danny he (the Thai) was not interested in him (Danny) because he (the Thai) was not attracted to the same gender.  Very confusing but, two blokes.

it says she not he.....

Chalalai shared that she first encountered Danny at a friend’s birthday celebration. Initially, she felt no particular attraction towards Danny, as she had never before been drawn to individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community or those of the same gender.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

can you please show me where the thai female is a thai male.

From the link...

"Chalalai shared that she first encountered Danny at a friend’s birthday celebration. Initially, she felt no particular attraction towards Danny, as she had never before been drawn to individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community or those of the same gender".

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Thai is a cisgender woman. 

The Thai is a man, the same gender as the American man...

From the link...

"Chalalai shared that she first encountered Danny at a friend’s birthday celebration. Initially, she felt no particular attraction towards Danny, as she had never before been drawn to individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community or those of the same gender".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From the link...

"Chalalai shared that she first encountered Danny at a friend’s birthday celebration. Initially, she felt no particular attraction towards Danny, as she had never before been drawn to individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community or those of the same gender".

you know this is from the point of view of chalalai ? 

she saw danny 

she felt no 

she had never before

she was speaking respecting dannys transition to become a female. hence saying her first time with another woman. 

not sure why you are struggling with this one lou. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stoner said:

you know this is from the point of view of chalalai ? 

she saw danny 

she felt no 

she had never before

she was speaking respecting dannys transition to become a female. hence saying her first time with another woman. 

not sure why you are struggling with this one lou. 

I'm not.

This is getting so silly.

It's not that hard!

Another reason why CISGENDER is such a useful word.

The Thai woman is a cisgender female.

She became romantically involved with an American transgender female.

They can be legally married here if the American's passport shows gender male.

They can't be legally married if it shows gender female.

Transgender Americans are allowed to change the gender on their passport.

I don't know what gender is shown on the passport because it's not mentioned in the press item.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Mother nature doesn't care about political opinions and word games.

There are two and only two genders/sexes.  

XX (woman)
XY (man)

This is biology.

This is fact.

no need for the recently fabricated word 'cisgender'.

Man/male and woman/female stand on their own without pretense.

You can (and should) tack on anything you want pre or after male/female for truthful classification (ie trans woman).

The rest is western political word-play salad and political games.

Some people have both female and male parts. So there is 3.

58 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

No, they are a female in terms of gender - sex and gender are not the same. Yes, some people's sex characteristics match their gender identify, some don't.

Wait till you find out that sex can also be bimodal, and how hormones affect people. 

• Confused 4