Thaksin Prepares for Return to Thailand

snoop1130

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Well, amidst all the talk of a certain self-exiled former Prime Minister saying that he’ll back home “soon”, the timing of this is curious, to say the least…

B.P. have stated that A new regulation of the Corrections Department allows jailed convicts to seek approval to serve their period of detention outside a prison

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1666652192504418306

He not a jailed convict.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, renaissanc said:

I can't help but wonder what his plan is. Surely, after being in self-exile for nearly 2 decades to avoid jail, he does not intend to return and spend 12 years in jail. He has something devious planned.

The plan is to receive a proper trial now that his enemies have been finally and soundly beaten. No need for anything devious, just due process in the courts.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

It's what could happen.

So at the current time, this change in law to allows some convicts to do their sentence at home is not applicable to Thaksin.

Why is it even being discussed ?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Talking, talking, and more talking.

He can just take any plane back to Thailand. He doesn't need a visa.

He doesn't even have to think about a hotel booking or enough money to buy food.

All will be provided to him, for free, for years.

Come on, come back, we are waiting for you.

I hope you are right. That corrupt, power and limeliight hungry, crypto-fascist belongs in an Institutionen ,but something teils me he will only come back if a deal can be struck for His Square face Majesty to stay out of prison. Just like his fellow entitled orange Majesty, he wouldn't be able to handle jail.Too accustomed to the idle life. 

27 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

So at the current time, this change in law to allows some convicts to do their sentence at home is not applicable to Thaksin.

Why is it even being discussed ?

Stop trolling, you know very well what they mean.

When he is arrested on arrival he will be jailed, so 1 hour later he can apply.

And most likely he will not even see a prison, as he will be allowed to appeal and stay free until it goes to court.

What is more, stop defending the murderous red bull kid, as if you know him, it is disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Stop trolling, you know very well what they mean.

And most likely he will not even see a prison, as he will be allowed to appeal and stay free until it goes to court.

Blimey, if it is that simple why didn’t he come back 10 years ago?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Do I really have to explain it to you?

First of all, the law to allow convicts to server their term at home wasn't there 10 years ago.

Secondly, what sense would it make to appeal a sentence when the same people who convicted you still control the courts?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Because this new regulation only came into force yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

Do I really have to explain it to you?

First of all, the law to allow convicts to server their term at home wasn't there 10 years ago.

Secondly, what sense would it make to appeal a sentence when the same people who convicted you still control the courts?

You beat me to it.

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

As a Thai, he doesn't need a passport or a visa to enter Thailand. 

He would have to prove that to the airline at check in. Clearly he will be booking an economy seat on Thai Airlines in order to be seen supporting that ailing business. ???? His choice of transport into the city may be  limited.

After he 'fled' the country 17 years ago he had decided to divorce his wife. He was in Hong Kong and to complete the divorce paperwork was faced with a visit to the HK Thai Embassy. That would have put him on home ground and liable to immediate arrest. The Embassy sent a high-ranking official to meet with Taksin at a local venue to sign the papers and avoid that possibilty. Not a peep from the Thai press. In my opinion, his divorce was 0ne of convenience to avoid fallout from alleged illicit land holdings and not mutual incompatibility. She is still seen lurking on the fringes.

Looking at the lead photograph, I'm curious to know why they have obscured the face of the woman attempting to steal her watch. 

3 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

He would have to prove that to the airline at check in. Clearly he will be booking an economy seat on Thai Airlines in order to be seen supporting that ailing business. ???? His choice of transport into the city may be  limited.

After he 'fled' the country 17 years ago he had decided to divorce his wife. He was in Hong Kong and to complete the divorce paperwork was faced with a visit to the HK Thai Embassy. That would have put him on home ground and liable to immediate arrest. The Embassy sent a high-ranking official to meet with Taksin at a local venue to sign the papers and avoid that possibilty. Not a peep from the Thai press. In my opinion, his divorce was 0ne of convenience to avoid fallout from alleged illicit land holdings and not mutual incompatibility. She is still seen lurking on the fringes.

Looking at the lead photograph, I'm curious to know why they have obscured the face of the woman attempting to steal her watch. 

What about his henchmen?

Last time I saw him depart a rally in Siem Reap, Cambodia he had about 20 goons running alongside his car to protect him from his fear of assassination…

21 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Prayuth to be held accountable! Taksin coming home a pardoned man in weeks!

Either MFP are smoking the best bud on Sukhumvit, or they know something the rest of us don't.

I would be happy if half their plans come true. 

I would prefer the first one obviously.

5 hours ago, bannork said:

If they dissolve MF, the MPs have 60 days to move to a new party. As FF prepared MF for that eventuality, so I'm sure MF will have a spare party.

Very difficult for the authorities to ban 150 plus MPs!

Even if Pita is banned, Settha from PT can take over as PM candidate. The Shinawatra clan have already said Thaksin's daughter is too inexperienced to be PM.

If PT remain with MF as their left leaning MPs urge, then it will be difficult for the senators to resist voting for Settha as PM if Pita is banned.

Business leaders are urging quick formation of the government, and any unrest following a ban of MF will be blamed on the government.

Yesterday Wan Noor, leader of the southern party Prachachart and part of the coalition, made a moving speech, to paraphrase his words: ' I've spent the last two weeks upcountry and everywhere the people asked me when will the government form. The people comprise of 75 million people, the Election Commission just a few members, their job simply to ensure the election went smoothly, the Constitution Court just a few judges. Meanwhile the Thai people urgently want the government to start work. The people have spoken, the age of dictators is over.

"Thaksin's daughter is too inexperienced to be PM." If a soldier can be a PM in Thailand, anyone can.

A soldier with only a Military Academy education or someone who graduated from university with various degree's. I know who I would prefer inexperienced or not for PM.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thai Prison Warden’s Cannot Grant House Arrest to Inmates with Incomplete Imprisonment, Department of Corrections Says

A prison warden does not have the authority to grant house arrest to an inmate who has yet to complete their jail time, the Thai Department of Corrections clarified amidst rumors that former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would be placed on house arrest when he returns to Thailand in July as pledged.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/06/08/thai-prison-wardens-cannot-grant-house-arrest-to-inmates-with-incomplete-imprisonment-department-of-corrections-says/

Edited by anchadian

I must admit to being a fan of Thaksin....he got good things done in Thailand, especially in Issan. OK he maybe feathered his own nest, but how is that different to the vast majority of the politicians here. Some years ago I read that out of 100% of government procurement money 40-50% went in graft according to the World Bank. All politicians promise they will eradicate corruption, but to be honest, it all seems like a game to me, where nothing actually changes eg government departments or police investigating themselves and finding they did nothing wrong....

Anyway, I'm hoping Yingluck will be coming back too.....it would be great to see her on the TV again. I used to really like it when she was PM and on the TV every night.....after Abhisit's ugly mug, to see her beautiful face every evening was real lift. Now we've had 9 years of Prayut, and I never turn the TV in case I see him, ugh!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

So he will be jailed but will never see a prison.

how does that work ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

I hope you are right. That corrupt, power and limeliight hungry, crypto-fascist belongs in an Institutionen ,but something teils me he will only come back if a deal can be struck for His Square face Majesty to stay out of prison. Just like his fellow entitled orange Majesty, he wouldn't be able to handle jail.Too accustomed to the idle life. 

Better get used to both of them, they’ll be making daily appearances in the lives of all those living in Thailand for at least the next  4 years (that’s about 1460 days).

????????????

34 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I must admit to being a fan of Thaksin....he got good things done in Thailand, especially in Issan.

OK he maybe feathered his own nest, but how is that different to the vast majority of the politicians here.

unfortunately, many people share your viewpoint:

if someone (thaksin) has done something good, then wrongdoing should be overlooked?

and if much worse crimes of other in a similar scenario have not been punished, it is apparent

that this "good" person (thaksin) must go unpunished?

eg. a person has done a lot of good for society, but he has also raped a woman. Should he now

be granted criminal impunity, with the excuse he has done a lot of good things and also that others

have done crime but have never been charged?

thaksin needs to serve his sentence, and hopefully others will be folloing.

that would be a really good thing for the thai people / for the future of thailand ...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't worry about me. I am not a wanted criminal. 

And I didn't annoy lots of rich and influential people. 

Will Thaksin ever be able to walk on a street or in a market without some bodyguards around him? I have my doubts. It's so sad for him. 

"Will Thaksin ever be able to walk on a street or in a market without some bodyguards around him?  "

Do you see P. doing that ...? ????

Edited by david555

12 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Good for Thailand Thaksin was unanimously elected outed by unelected tyrannical Jaunta coup d'etat Bring home back & his sister for all there slight miss deeds on avoiding taxes selling his mobile company in Singapore all those years ago as PM of Thailand  was mot good ! He Thaksin was far better than those criminals Jaunta who seized power by the gun ruining the country  ever since Separate millatary from Government only way forward for Thailand land of Coups , People need freedom & economy in better stable shape.. Put smiles back on Thais faces , & go back to easy assess for expats to retire in Thailand  get rid of all the buearacy burden on expats Rred tape  , house registration,  red or yellow book bs since 2014  county's more like communist CCP ???????? Criminal Organisation , Vasil State 

U forgot to add, give few seats in parliament to Expats. Lol

12 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Good for Thailand Thaksin was unanimously elected outed by unelected tyrannical Jaunta coup d'etat Bring home back & his sister for all there slight miss deeds on avoiding taxes selling his mobile company in Singapore all those years ago as PM of Thailand  was mot good ! He Thaksin was far better than those criminals Jaunta who seized power by the gun ruining the country  ever since Separate millatary from Government only way forward for Thailand land of Coups , People need freedom & economy in better stable shape.. Put smiles back on Thais faces , & go back to easy assess for expats to retire in Thailand  get rid of all the buearacy burden on expats Rred tape  , house registration,  red or yellow book bs since 2014  county's more like communist CCP ???????? Criminal Organisation , Vasil State 

It seems there is a reason why they call you Mad mick...

4 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The plan is to receive a proper trial now that his enemies have been finally and soundly beaten. No need for anything devious, just due process in the courts.

Totally fair and unbiased court decisions for political figures are a rare occurrence in Thailand. The Courts will likely be given instructions, and it won't be from the elected government which has nearly no influence on the Judiciary.

I would guess that Thaksin has received some assurance that he will be cleared of charges, or only get a symbolic sanction. From where did this assurance come? I am not sure every possibility may be discussed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1