Thaksin Prepares for Return to Thailand

snoop1130

49 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Really? Thailand is different from the rest of the world?

May I cordially suggest you try entering your native country without a passport.

I would be interested in the outcome.

1438587016_20230608_0953271.thumb.jpg.b3b4bcf3b767ce7b4c7192f20fded376.jpg1438587016_20230608_0953271.thumb.jpg.b3b4bcf3b767ce7b4c7192f20fded376.jpg1438587016_20230608_0953271.thumb.jpg.b3b4bcf3b767ce7b4c7192f20fded376.jpg1438587016_20230608_0953271.thumb.jpg.b3b4bcf3b767ce7b4c7192f20fded376.jpg1438587016_20230608_0953271.thumb.jpg.b3b4bcf3b767ce7b4c7192f20fded376.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

He was never charged with murder so there is no case to answer to.

Yeah right he was never charged so let's forget about the killer of a policeman and go for an old man who was charged and sentenced by a military installed judiciary.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Denim said:

For heavens sake , don't anybody tie a yellow ribbon around the old mango tree.

It's red .....got that. A hundred red ribbons around the old mango tree.

Welcome back to chaos soon

He just want to play with his grandkids LOL,  

His  return arrangement are being made same as when he left who ever is watching will need to go bathroom when his private jet hits Thai airspace. 

Once he is home,  official will get in front of media say " we got him "  fly in Big Joke "  declare all IS well and then the war of words will start. 

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think he'll have a long wait if he is waiting for the hand over of power first

Exactly Richard I sincerely doubt the junta will allow any other party in, regardless of elections. They are employing a lot of people whose sole purpose is to find anything remotely illegal against the MFP members so that they can ban them from politics, and nullify the election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad mick said:

Good for Thailand Thaksin was unanimously elected outed by unelected tyrannical Jaunta coup d'etat Bring home back & his sister for all there slight miss deeds on avoiding taxes selling his mobile company in Singapore all those years ago as PM of Thailand  was mot good ! He Thaksin was far better than those criminals Jaunta who seized power by the gun ruining the country  ever since Separate millatary from Government only way forward for Thailand land of Coups , People need freedom & economy in better stable shape.. Put smiles back on Thais faces , & go back to easy assess for expats to retire in Thailand  get rid of all the buearacy burden on expats Rred tape  , house registration,  red or yellow book bs since 2014  county's more like communist CCP ???????? Criminal Organisation , Vasil State 

Exactly! 

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

OMG I fear for you, if he manages to get back and not be jailed on the spot under a new government. Have you checked your coronaries lately?

Don't worry about me. I am not a wanted criminal. 

And I didn't annoy lots of rich and influential people. 

Will Thaksin ever be able to walk on a street or in a market without some bodyguards around him? I have my doubts. It's so sad for him. 

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

Yeah right he was never charged so let's forget about the killer of a policeman and go for an old man who was charged and sentenced by a military installed judiciary.

He was charged with reckless driving causing death, the charge stands until mid 2027.

What are you dribbling on about ?

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't worry about me. I am not a wanted criminal. 

And I didn't annoy lots of rich and influential people. 

Will Thaksin ever be able to walk on a street or in a market without some bodyguards around him? I have my doubts. It's so sad for him. 

Would he have body guards because Joe Public want to murder this heinous criminal cause he did some shady telecom deals ?

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

if he manages to get back and not be jailed on the spot under a new government

Is it up to the government who will be jailed and who not?

As far as I know all people who are convicted to jail without possible appeals go to jail.

As far as I know there is only one person in Thailand who can pardon him. No government or PM can do that.

40 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Exactly Richard I sincerely doubt the junta will allow any other party in, regardless of elections. They are employing a lot of people whose sole purpose is to find anything remotely illegal against the MFP members so that they can ban them from politics, and nullify the election.

If they dissolve MF, the MPs have 60 days to move to a new party. As FF prepared MF for that eventuality, so I'm sure MF will have a spare party.

Very difficult for the authorities to ban 150 plus MPs!

Even if Pita is banned, Settha from PT can take over as PM candidate. The Shinawatra clan have already said Thaksin's daughter is too inexperienced to be PM.

If PT remain with MF as their left leaning MPs urge, then it will be difficult for the senators to resist voting for Settha as PM if Pita is banned.

Business leaders are urging quick formation of the government, and any unrest following a ban of MF will be blamed on the government.

Yesterday Wan Noor, leader of the southern party Prachachart and part of the coalition, made a moving speech, to paraphrase his words: ' I've spent the last two weeks upcountry and everywhere the people asked me when will the government form. The people comprise of 75 million people, the Election Commission just a few members, their job simply to ensure the election went smoothly, the Constitution Court just a few judges. Meanwhile the Thai people urgently want the government to start work. The people have spoken, the age of dictators is over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is it up to the government who will be jailed and who not?

As far as I know all people who are convicted to jail without possible appeals go to jail.

As far as I know there is only one person in Thailand who can pardon him. No government or PM can do that.

There's a new regulation enacted from immediate effect yesterday that convicted criminals don't have to necessarily be detained in prison. Really!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

There's a new regulation enacted from immediate effect yesterday that convicted criminals don't have to necessarily be detained in prison. Really!

I read about that. Let's see how many drug dealers will suggest that they should serve their sentence in their villa on the beach.

It will be difficult to apply such a law only to one criminal who until now didn't even spent one day in jail.

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Really? Thailand is different from the rest of the world?

May I cordially suggest you try entering your native country without a passport.

I would be interested in the outcome.

Of course you can enter your home country without a passport, as long as you can establish your ID. The problem is getting on a flight without a passport - that's unlikely. If your passport has expired, it's also not a problem. The expired passport will get you back in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read about that. Let's see how many drug dealers will suggest that they should serve their sentence in their villa on the beach.

It will be difficult to apply such a law only to one criminal who until now didn't even spent one day in jail.

I'm not sure those behind the scenes, trying to pull strings, care about double standards.

Thaksin has been hated by the military elite etc for years so why does he seem more confident about returning now?

Imo, realising that MF pose a far greater threat to those in power than PT, he's trying to convince the elite to let him back on the promise PT joins forces with the pro military parties in forming a government. 

The problem is there's resistance to this idea within PT, the Shinawatra family realise this, hence the publicised family lunch yesterday, held by the family matriarch Potjaman, announcing that the date of Thaksin's return was not certain.

In other words, shut up Toni, things are not as easy as you think.

• Like 1

I can't help but wonder what his plan is. Surely, after being in self-exile for nearly 2 decades to avoid jail, he does not intend to return and spend 12 years in jail. He has something devious planned.

16 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Of course you can enter your home country without a passport, as long as you can establish your ID. The problem is getting on a flight without a passport - that's unlikely. If your passport has expired, it's also not a problem. The expired passport will get you back in.

Agreed JensenZ. An expired passport can get you back in because it is still proof of identity and Nationality. An expired passport will not get you onto a flight. No passport is a different problem, as it begs the question "How did you get here?" A valid Thai passport is required for a Thai National to leave Thailand. I think I recall that Thaksin's passport was revoked. It seems reasonable to expect that issue of a Certificate of Identity, as a temporary replacement for a passport, might be restricted if you have had your passport revoked to prevent travel but still travelled. Temporary travel documents could still be provided, but would need some Government involvement, as in the recent case of the Norwegian going "home".

27 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Thaksin flies in a private jet, he wont have issue with boarding !!

8 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

Some posters here think that criminals can serve their sentence at home now. I find that hard to believe.

A new regulation of the Corrections Department allows jailed convicts to seek approval to serve their period of detention outside a prison. The Royal Gazette website published the new regulation on Wednesday, effective immediately.

Amazing Thailand, as TAT used to say in a slogan.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The family has initially planned to faciliate him and to provide him safety.

How in Satans Name do they figure that?

He's a Criminal, as soon as he sets one foot on Thai Soil he's suppose to go straight to jail. 

If not than he's done a deal or someone is scared of him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mad mick said:

....He Thaksin was far better than those criminals Jaunta who seized power by the gun ruining the country  ever since Separate millatary from Government only way forward for Thailand land of Coups , People need freedom & economy in better stable shape.. Put smiles back on Thais faces , & go back to easy assess for expats to retire in Thailand  get rid of all the buearacy burden on expats Rred tape  , house registration,  red or yellow book bs...

Actually, while I do think that Thaksin was overall good for Thailand as PM, his government was definitely "Thai Rak Thai", not "Thai Rak Farang".  He doubled the money in the bank required for Visas, made the granting of PR status much more difficult and generally made life for foreigners in Thailand much more difficult.

Looking at this from just a foreign expat perspective, Thaksin and his party may be good news for Thais, but I wouldn't be surprised if Visa requirements double again!  Though the most xenophobic member of his old cabinet (Purachai), who pushed most of these changes, is now firmly on the yellowshirt side.

• Love It 1

Well, amidst all the talk of a certain self-exiled former Prime Minister saying that he’ll back home “soon”, the timing of this is curious, to say the least…

B.P. have stated that A new regulation of the Corrections Department allows jailed convicts to seek approval to serve their period of detention outside a prison

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1666652192504418306

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Trust the experts who believe otherwise can read and comprehend what has been pointed out very clearly about entry into Thailand for Thai citizens without or with an expired passport.