Thailand among 13 countries eligible for Canada eTA, bypassing visa requirements

snoop1130

27114.jpg

Canada now allows Thai tourists to enter without a visa, provided they have previously had a Canadian visa or hold a valid US visa. The Canadian government announced this change yesterday, extending its Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) programme to 13 countries, including Thailand.

The Canadian government has revised its relocation and services programme to ensure greater efficiency and equality for people worldwide. John Fraser, Canada’s Minister of Border Security and Civil Affairs, announced that the eTA programme has been extended to 13 new countries, including Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Costa Rica, Morocco, Panama, the Philippines, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, and the Grenadines, Seychelles, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, along with Thailand.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Picture courtesy of rawpixel.com, Freepik

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-among-13-countries-eligible-for-canada-eta-bypassing-visa-requirements

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, nightfox said:

A bit misleading article as the catch is one needs to have a previous Canadian visa or hold a valid US visa to be illegible.

Makes sense, if previously processed it can speed up entry.

Those first time visitors have to be vetted as usual.

• Like 1

I got excited for a split second. In 2026 I am planning to visit my English sister who lives in Toronto and also take in some of the World Cup games. I want to take my Thai wife's eldest also as he is a football fan plus expand is travel experience. The host countries being the US Canada and Mexico. I just wonder how the U S is going to handle visa applications from fans of 48 countries, anyway. Looks like I can now just apply for a US visa for him and that will save having g to apply for a Canadian one also

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jaideedave said:

As a Canadian besides myself there are thousands of citizens leaving every year since the current gov't has taken over.There's more democracy in Thailand even under military rule.Canada has turned into a sh____le.Have a peek at who Canada is importing these days.

https://www.tps.ca/organizational-chart/specialized-operations-command/detective-operations/investigative-services/homicide/most-wanted/

LOL! How did you manage to get to Thailand, were you given a special visa for being a dissident? Why aren't you organizing a resistance to the guv'ment that's taken away your rights? Instead you run to Thailand where there are all these OTHER brown people around to threaten your very existence? You seem to be lacking logic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jaideedave said:

As a Canadian besides myself there are thousands of citizens leaving every year since the current gov't has taken over.There's more democracy in Thailand even under military rule.Canada has turned into a sh____le.Have a peek at who Canada is importing these days.

https://www.tps.ca/organizational-chart/specialized-operations-command/detective-operations/investigative-services/homicide/most-wanted/

I just did a PR for my wife. 

You are wrong.

There is a record number of Thais leaving for Canada among many other countries. 

36 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

glad to see i am not alone. trou du cul trudeau and his cronies are deliberately destroying canada. sucks to be us

was happening long before trudeau came in. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jaideedave said:

Thanks for leaving. The more rightwing nut jobs that we can be rid of the better. 

As for the visa change hopefully this is a stepping stone to full visa on arrival status for all Thai people visiting one of the greatest countries on earth, The Great White North, Canada.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, blazes said:

There's none so blind (or delusional) as those who cannot see.

See how quickly you resort to abuse for 'argument' when you find an opinion you disagree with.

Left wing, right wing, Pravda wing... what kind of government do you call Trudeau's utterly Soviet style where  protest/dissidence is cowardly squashed by freezing people's bank accounts?

The guy ran down our country and gov. Just a little of his own medicine. Downtown Ottawa was shutdown for weeks. Where else would that be tolerated???? When a similar American KKKonvoy attempted the same in Washington they were kept outside the city. Over 1,000 have been either charged or prosecuted over Jan 6. The only reason the Yellow Shirts got away with it in BKK was the royalist establishment and military had their back. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, blazes said:
9 hours ago, pegman said:

Thanks for leaving. The more rightwing nut jobs that we can be rid of the better. 

As for the visa change hopefully this is a stepping stone to full visa on arrival status for all Thai people visiting one of the greatest countries on earth, The Great White North, Canada.

Expand  

There's none so blind (or delusional) as those who cannot see.

See how quickly you resort to abuse for 'argument' when you find an opinion you disagree with.

Left wing, right wing, Pravda wing... what kind of government do you call Trudeau's utterly Soviet style where  protest/dissidence is cowardly squashed by freezing people's bank accounts?

im happy we canadians can also show the great division that has been sown into our society. 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, stoner said:

was happening long before trudeau came in. 

but he is putting the final nails in the coffin...

he wants 500 000 immigrants a year. most of them (most ...not all) end up on welfare. the newly arrived usually arrive and settle in big cities. currently, there is a housing crisis in montreal... 35 000 - 40 000 for a 3 1/2 apartment. the people on welfare have assisted living and they get special accommodation that even 5th generation canadians cant even get close to. most of the homeless, let's face it, ARE 5th generation canadians. i don't get it, but i am glad i left

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

but he is putting the final nails in the coffin...

he wants 500 000 immigrants a year. most of them (most ...not all) end up on welfare. the newly arrived usually arrive and settle in big cities. currently, there is a housing crisis in montreal... 35 000 - 40 000 for a 3 1/2 apartment. the people on welfare have assisted living and they get special accommodation that even 5th generation canadians cant even get close to. most of the homeless, let's face it, ARE 5th generation canadians. i don't get it, but i am glad i left

I left in 2004 and little did I know what Canuckistan would turn into in a decade.I would not fit in.Diversity is not our strength.

Look at the TPS Most wanted web site.

And this off YT.

The bleeding hearts can have whats left of once a great place to live but no more.

• Thanks 2