Thailand boosts tourism budget to 5bn baht, targets off-peak travellers

webfact

Link to the TAT website to give those clearly without a clue an education lesson on its promotional activities both at home and abroad. I don't suppose most posters have much of an idea or care what Tourist Authorities do in their own countries, which makes it all the more surprising TAT stirs their ire here. 

https://www.tourismthailand.org/home

On 6/9/2023 at 2:23 PM, BritScot said:

In your eyes I probably know nothing but with only first landing in Thailand in 2002, living island life on Kow Tow

I have no idea where that is. 

If you mean Koh Tao then in my eyes as you say.

And would I be right that in the 21 years you have been here you havent picked up the lingo?

Illiteracy would make your life difficult.

Now that's a LOT of cash for all those promising statistics, forecasts and their daydreaming of zillions of tourists spending 10, 20, 30 or 40 thousand Baht a day ......... 

Keep up the good work - entertaining all the while ???? 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:15 AM, Goat said:

I have no idea where that is. 

If you mean Koh Tao then in my eyes as you say.

And would I be right that in the 21 years you have been here you havent picked up the lingo?

Illiteracy would make your life difficult.

Not at all! Kow tao is spelt many different ways like many Thai words including places.  Khow Taow etc. I speak very little Thai for two simple reasons: first when I was teaching I witnessed foreign teachers using their class who they were meant to be teaching English practicing their Thai which I felt was very wrong. Second my children are bilingual as I have only spoken English to them and their mother speaks Thai to them (even now living in the uk). I also found when living in Bangkok there is enough English words now in Thai vocabulary than understanding conversations is easy. 

• Sad 1

On 6/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, BritScot said:

I also found when living in Bangkok there is enough English words now in Thai vocabulary than understanding conversations is easy. 

Righto then.