90-day reporting deadline just 3 weeks after re-entering Thailand

I flew back into Thailand last week yet I received an email (with subject "[TM47] Notification for alien before the next appointment.") saying that my "receipt for notification of "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" " will be due in 2 weeks, as if I hadn't departed and re-entered the country (or they don't have such a record).

The correct deadline should be most recent entry date + 89 days, right? Did Immigration make a mistake?

I always thought it was 90 days from when you re entered the country, however I recently did my marriage extension a month after re entering and was expecting the officer to produce a new 90 day report for 60 days time ( as I had already been in country for 30 days), but he said the 90 days started from that day ( the day I applied). This was entered into the system and a slip was printed out for 90 days. So technically I will have been in the country for 120 days when I do my next report.

When I landed I went to report my address (same address) as you are required to do and the officer removed the original 90 days report slip and said as my visa was due for renewal soon I would get a new date.

6 minutes ago, PST said:

I always thought it was 90 days from when you re entered the country, however I recently did my marriage extension a month after re entering and was expecting the officer to produce a new 90 day report for 60 days time ( as I had already been in country for 30 days), but he said the 90 days started from that day ( the day I applied). This was entered into the system and a slip was printed out for 90 days. So technically I will have been in the country for 120 days when I do my next report.

Several - but not all - Thai Imm offices do your 90-day report at same time when you apply for the 1-year extension of your Non Imm O based Permit to stay, and as part of the process provide you with a slip in your passport with the next 90-day report due date (90 days after your application date).

When you do your 90-day report (on-line or in person) in the 3 months preceding your 1-year Permit to stay expiry date, they will provide you with a 'next 90-day report due date' which is not 90 days after your report, but is capped to the expiry date of your Permit to stay.  As you have visit the Imm Office anyway for your 1-year extension of stay, aligning that visit with the 90-day report, is handy for the applicant, but as mentioned higher not all Imm Offices do this.

51 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

the 3 months preceding your 1-year Permit to stay expiry date, they will provide you with a 'next 90-day report due date' which is not 90 days after your report, but is capped to the expiry date of your Permit to stay.

Thanks for the reply.I never got that. I left 3 weeks before my next 90 days was due, they just took that slip out my passport when I returned and said a new 90 day slip would be given when I applied for extension.

2 hours ago, CharlieKo said:

If you did a 90 day report prior to departing Thailand. Then your next reporting date is 90 days after that report. Not 90 days after your new arrival date. The 90 day report has nothing to do with you leaving the country and then returning.  

I suggest you make that 90 day report in two weeks time!

Another one who knows all. Struth.