Best Restaurants in Ubon Ratchathani

FruitPudding

So, which restaurants are the best in Ubon?

- 300 Grams Butcher and Restaurant is the place to go for a really good steak or beef Wellington.

- Sapori, of course, is the only authentic Italian (actual Italian chef/owner)

- So Rich is okay for a variety of things.

- Peppers Bakery does a good apple pie and the "chunky beef pie" is good (the other beef pie is odd tasting).

-Ochinei for a great Japanese buffet 

Where else is good?

Edited by FruitPudding

Ricco Cafe has a wide range of Thai and Western food. Great atmosphere. I recently enjoyed dinner at the new Centara hotel restaurant. Sapori's cold cuts are always good. Risotto has consistently served good Italian food for over 20 years. Papillo House is good for lunch. For Vietamese food, I enjoy VT restaurant. For quick Japanese food, Fuji in Central Plaza never disappoints. The range of good restarants in Ubon is endless. Venezia has good food presentation. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 2:27 PM, FruitPudding said:

- Peppers Bakery does a good apple pie and the "chunky beef pie" is good (the other beef pie is odd tasting).

Peppers makes their own Italian sausage which they use in several menu items. As an American it is spot on perfect. I've also bought the sausages to bring home to make a pasta sauce.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

I guess you mean authentic British Indian restaurant food, as apposed to authentic Indian food?

In what way?

The only difference really is that in India they mostly eat vegetarian curries. And their curries are rarely very hot

Whereas, in Britain it's mostly meat curries and menu items like Madras or Vindaloo will blow the ass off you (unlike in India).

Edited by FruitPudding

7 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

In what way?

The only difference really is that in India they mostly eat vegetarian curries. And their curries are rarely very hot

Whereas, in Britain it's mostly meat curries and menu items like Madras or Vindaloo will blow the ass off you (unlike in India).

Exactly my point.

Although there is more to it. More spice blends and flavours, more textures and varieties of ingredients.

Having been to India and having eaten in British Indian restaurants, if Kao Hom is authentic Indian food, I would make the trip. If it is authentic British Indian restaurant food I wouldn't. I can easily replicate those dishes at home.

• 2 weeks later...