Air con not cold in Toyota Vios?

proton

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

17 year old PreRunner with same air-con problem, used a recommended back street place twice to clean and re-charge the system, everything OK when leave, after a couple of weeks, back to blowing warm air (it's cooler when I take air from outside the car than recirc inside).

B#gg#r this I thought take it to Toyota they'll fix it while they look at the clutch, car was there for a whole day, then it was we need to order a part for the air con, bring the car back tomorrow, again another whole day (bill in excess of 40k including a new clutch plate).

2 months on back to where we started, intermittent cold air but mostly warm.

Don't want to change the car it's only got 240k on the clock and mostly runs like a sewing machine, but beginning to think it's the only solution.

I service my truck at Cockpit .

They were doing a special on Air-con servicing cleaning and check etc.

I just said OK then but it was 1,800 altogether the cabin filter was 450 included.

I thought expensive but it was notably colder from immediately starting the engine at lower settings too.

Edited by Kwasaki

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Whatever unless you want a change of motor the car air-conditioning needed a part after 11 years isn't that bad.

1600 hundred including parts labor and gas, he said ignore the 'essential' repair list Toyota and Cockpit hand out, he even wired in the dash cam and fixed a couple of other things for free without asking. ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

1600 hundred including parts labor and gas, he said ignore the 'essential' repair list Toyota and Cockpit hand out, he even wired in the dash cam and fixed a couple of other things for free without asking. ????

That's a good result by sound of things. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

17 year old PreRunner with same air-con problem, used a recommended back street place twice to clean and re-charge the system, everything OK when leave, after a couple of weeks, back to blowing warm air (it's cooler when I take air from outside the car than recirc inside).

B#gg#r this I thought take it to Toyota they'll fix it while they look at the clutch, car was there for a whole day, then it was we need to order a part for the air con, bring the car back tomorrow, again another whole day (bill in excess of 40k including a new clutch plate).

2 months on back to where we started, intermittent cold air but mostly warm.

Don't want to change the car it's only got 240k on the clock and mostly runs like a sewing machine, but beginning to think it's the only solution.

Having the aircon system failing after recharge indicate the seals in the compressor are gone, or there are leaks in pipe work.

Leaks should be fixable, if it is the compressor you probably need a new aircon unit..

22 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

SAme here. I am in Chiang Mai. Just had compressor, dryer, hoses, radiator fan replaced. Flushed and recharged coolant. Also driver door lock fixed, 2002 Honda CR-V. Great mechanic, fare prices and speaks fluent English. 

I am not in Pattaya 

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily it is not a Toyota Yaris. My niece in the UK has discovered that it is the evaporator situated behind the dash that is leaking. Quoted 1,300 pounds to replace, as it entails dash removal. Looks like she will be driving with the windows open in future.

9 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Luckily it is not a Toyota Yaris. My niece in the UK has discovered that it is the evaporator situated behind the dash that is leaking. Quoted 1,300 pounds to replace, as it entails dash removal. Looks like she will be driving with the windows open in future.

Rip off UK ☺️