Social life and dating in Thailand

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Well, I thought I answered his questions, stating, no posh woman wants a man who do not want to treat her as a princess. 

Every woman comes with a price, and the more attractive get in line and present what you are willing to offer.

Reading his post, no wonder he is not successful. Get it?

This ’price’ thing is really nonsense. 

• Confused 1

Guess it just goes to show, looks & money isn't the driving force woman are looking for.

I'm just OK, reality wise, on looks & money, though I think I'm handsome & rich.  Cars while single in TH, certainly wouldn't impress anyone.

My Thai language skills are barely passable, though pointing and saying, 'how much & I want', will get me by, shopping.   

Don't, won't do P4P ... but damn, I've had a blast here when single.  Go figure ???? 

HINT:  try listening, more than talking 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

What Im saying, he might aim to high when no positive response or anyone of those he fancy come back to him for a date, and rather block him? 

Why do you think he do not get any response? 

Just a reminder, he is a new member with a delicate story. Do any bells ring? 

Good question. Op what exactly are you saying or writing about when people are not responding or blocking after just meeting online?

It could be something you are saying or just the app. The apps are tricky people just bounce in and out, your just fodder in many cases. Could also just be jerk waters with fake profiles, fake pics, some real weirdos out there…

5 hours ago, blackcab said:

You will struggle to find that in most countries from most nationalities.

It's nearly always about looks and money/status.

Agreed, though exceptions can exist this is usually the norm IMHO.

Water finds it's level, equal levels of attractiveness, education, status, etc, is the top of the bell curve,

rags and riches, beauty and the beast, rarely succeeds ????

• Like 1

You're in a very sexually/socially conservative culture where you don't speak the language and you're the wrong color. 

Next up: an atheist black man moves to Utah and asks: Why don't hot mormons want to get with me? 

It's not you, it's the them. I agree, you need introductions and to see the same people over time. That's never easy to contrive anywhere. That's why people are throwing darts on the internet.

8 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Go to the gym even if you don't enjoy it - you may be surprised what you will find.  

I think the me-too ship has sailed on cold-approaching women at the gym, even in Thailand.

At mine, they will complain to the staff and then you get a warning (the Jett Gym chain). Usually, they send over 3 staff to gently confront the offender.

I have an interest in Thai Buddhism and temple art. Women, being much more religious than the men, find this creates a kind of Man Bites Dog level of interest in their minds.

But how one might move from, "Nice Buddha, Ayuthaya-style?" to "Lay down, I want to get to know you better" remains a mystery to me.

Edited by LaosLover

12 hours ago, SomeFarang said:

I don't have much opportunity to socialize, although I do frequent coffee shops, restaurants every single day and on weekends try to visit night spots (bars/clubs)

And do you see other regular guests in those places? Do you talk with some of them?

I think it is almost impossible not to see people again and again. Just say hello. And say hello to everybody who you maybe want to talk to, not just the pretty girls.

You don't have to walk away with a dinner date. Just make conversation, and another day more conversation. The rest will follow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ignore it said:

I don't think the OP has a clue about relationships. Less about relationships with Asian ladies

Some truth here.

The OP:

-has lived here for years

-is affluent and speaks Thai

-hired Thai people to do his internet dating for him

-hired a Thai marketing person to market him as a dating prospect

And yet, he has still come up empty, for years on end.

Not a diss, but consider talking to a therapist.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, SomeFarang said:

been living in Thailand for 6 years, speak and read/write Thai, have my own car, etc. You get the picture.

Yes but...I'm 99% sure with you having lived here 6 years but joined this forum 13 hours ago this is just a windup

That aside if what you say above is true you would have no problems at all starting a relationship with a intelligent Thai woman.

Because if you can speak/read/write Thai you can approach anyone you see that you think might be a nice try. Someone working or shopping you see & strike up a conversation etc etc etc

It is not rocket science & has not changed in centuries

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Some truth here.

The OP:

Maybe just another wind up topic?

We get one like this every so often,i am not taking this one serious at all.

• Like 1

There is some truth in your post.

If you go to a cafe or restaurant frequently visited by younger people/students you will recognise the young women are accompanied by quite good looking men, Thai men, tall as Westerners.

I think we are not so much high ranked anymore. It has to do with better education. Many attend university and get a degree.

They are not interested in Farangs even those got money. Why deal with pesty bald farangs with big bellies and bad teeth when you can have a young Thai man talking in the same mother language and is willing to achieve the same goal: build up a career, having a family and a house.

In short: Things change here. Thailand is on the way to adapt Western style and some kind of culture. Buddhism is on the downturn just now shield for Govt. to keep people calm and down. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

If you write some of these things as above, in your profile for a prospective mate of the sort you say ou are looking for, then you won't attract them. There doesn't seem to be much you say about your personality. Being good looking for example, maybe a first attraction but rarely is it a lasting one.

And don't be surprised that stating that being financially well off, doesn't demonstrate that you are kind and thoughtful and considerate, caring, and honest and reliable.

Thailand is not much different from anywhere else as it relates to finding your ideal partner. And one might even have to accept that even finding your perceived ideal, that there is no guarantee of a lasting rewarding and loving relationship. 

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

Some truth here.

The OP:

I’m getting a workaholic vibe as well.

Maybe he wants to meet people in his head, but is someone who really just sits on his computer all day and night, maybe chats a bit. Goes to a cafe or uses a dating service, but it’s just a speed dating thing where he does it to do it, but is more involved in getting back to work or making money.

It’s really common in large cities in the USA. People will speed date to feel like they are dating, but then go back to what they really love, their jobs. Narcissistic in a way. Many end up just sleeping with prostitutes.

It’s hard to analyze when the op does not respond or answer further questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freddy42OZ said:

The Thai women in the middle classes and above have no need to date Western men, they have their pick of well paid, well educated and decent Thai men. 

Not if they are old, like older than 30.

Thai guys, like farang guys, like girls and young women. Maybe up to end 20th.

If you like it or not, that is reality.