Renewing uk passport

Go to this web site and follow the instructions. It's all clearly explained.

There is the option of using an agent if you so wish, but the above guide still applies with the exception of the personal visits to VFS in Bangkok.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lite Beer said:

Using an Agent is the easiest and cheapest method unless you live in Bangkok.

I'll agree with that one. I did the 2 trips to VFS from Udon Thani when I last renewed mine. That was before the agencies leapt on the bandwagon.

I certainly wouldn't do it again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

There is the option of using an agent if you so wish, but the above guide still applies with the exception of the personal visits to VFS in Bangkok.

IMHO I would do it yourself. Renewed mine last year and did 2 trips from Pattaya. Stayed overnight each time and got hotel and nice meal. Made a nice change. Or you could just give the money to an agent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PB172111 said:

IMHO I would do it yourself. Renewed mine last year and did 2 trips from Pattaya. Stayed overnight each time and got hotel and nice meal. Made a nice change. Or you could just give the money to an agent.

Many people would willingly give money to an agent, just to avoid going anywhere near Bangkok.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did mine in December. I was told it would take 12 weeks or some such. Three weeks later it was ready and I popped back to BKK and picked it up. Very easy etc unless you live a long way away from BKK. Got a hotel on the next Soi and walked to the building. Very nice ladies and helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PB172111 said:

I'm in Phuket

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I shall be 80 when my next renewal comes up. You certainly wouldn't be able to tempt me to do 2 trips all the way from Sakon Nakhon to a city I can't stand anyway,

If I have to pay an 5,000 THB to have someone do it for me, it'll be worth every satang.

10000 baht to a Pattaya agency

18 hours ago, pjuk said:

www.keyvisathailand.com

These people did mine. Easy no trips to BK but it did take a LONG time, not their fault the UK passport office is a shambles.

Thai Visa Express did mine, took 8 weeks including the UK strikes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

which website?????????????

19 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

My wife renewed my passport. I never went to Bangkok. No agent to pay.

I did that last time, but never again. After the travel costs, accommodation and food costs, and the inevitable "I meet some friends and go shopping costs", the exercise cost a freaking fortune.

The only advantage for me was that I didn't have to breathe in 98 octane atmosphere for 2 days.

An agent for me next time.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

59 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

which website?????????????

This one duh!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:
20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I shall be 80 when my next renewal comes up. You certainly wouldn't be able to tempt me to do 2 trips all the way from Sakon Nakhon to a city I can't stand anyway,

If I have to pay an 5,000 THB to have someone do it for me, it'll be worth every satang.

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

10000 baht to a Pattaya agency

I haven't researched current agency prices (not yet) but I've read plenty of posts on the forum that say they paid far less than that.

Personally renewed my UK passport through VFS Bangkok last year. Could not have been easier. No hassle, and new passport arrived within 6 weeks. I do, however, have a house in Bangkok which makes things easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I haven't researched current agency prices (not yet) but I've read plenty of posts on the forum that say they paid far less than that.

I think the 10,000 baht includes the cost of the passport itself, not just the agent's fees.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I think the 10,000 baht includes the cost of the passport itself, not just the agent's fees.

In Pattaya it should certainly be no more than that. Watch out for hidden extras like excessive fees for using their credit card for payment.

UKPO fees are - The 32-page passport is £118.51, 48-page passport is £128.51.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

In Pattaya it should certainly be no more than that. Watch out for hidden extras like excessive fees for using their credit card for payment.

I have read several times that UKPO will accept Thai bank debit cards now, but check first with the bank that the card has been authorized for international use.

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have read several times that UKPO will accept Thai bank debit cards now, but check first with the bank that the card has been authorized for international use.

If using an agent I would like to think that they would be able to advise whether your card is OK. Many people will deal with the agent by post and may be reluctant to disclose their card details…especially the 3 digit code.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Sorry, correction…

a 32 page passport is £127.51 and 48 page £138.51

Kevin and Pook (Isaan Farang) recommended www.thaivisauk.com

Went onto there www and rang both the numbers. Guy consistently hung up after saying 'Hello'. Anyone have experience with this? Is this service just for Thais?

1075414621_PPdata.png.5930f03d15008f5d6c6724835d5a5b8a.png

If I can't do business with this lot, can anyone recommend?

Tried www.keyvisathailand.com (Fulhamster post above) but can't reach them.

Edited by owl sees all