Airline’s new policy to suspend ‘overweight’ flight attendants faces backlash

onthedarkside

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Strawman. I'm not asking for special treatment. I am asking for other peoples excess body fat not to spill over their seat into my personal space that I paid for. Surely the person that is causing the issue is the one that should pay extra for another seat or for business class. Not the victim of their obesity.

No one promised you comfort or special treatment. You could always have put your headphones on and a facemask. Pretend to fall asleep or watch a movie. It doesn't take Einstein to work out how to handle such a situation.

Perhaps the airlines should be installing seats that fit their passengers rather than continually reducing seat size and spacing:

https://www.wral.com/amp/20555439/

But poor you being ‘the victim of somebody else’s obesity’. 

Regardless of whether it ever really happened, it’s such a bizarre addition to your sense of grievance. 

• Sad 2

On 6/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, ThailandRyan said:

As long as the flight attendant knows her job, and can accomplish it with no issues, how and why is their weight an issue.  Sounds to me like they only want the thin and pretty ones, and or have a few they were looking for a way to terminate.  Just my opinion however.

Galleys,  aisles, and seat rows are narrow. Personally I see no issues with an airline deciding who it wants to represent it, within reason.  Healthy weight expectations or a realistic BMI.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps the airlines should be installing seats that fit their passengers rather than continually reducing seat size and spacing:

https://www.wral.com/amp/20555439/

But poor you being ‘the victim of somebody else’s obesity’. 

Regardless of whether it ever really happened, it’s such a bizarre addition to your sense of grievance. 

I thought they did provide seats to suit Mr & Mrs average, which will relate to the cost of that seat.

Now if YOU are a fat bloke, then YOU should pay extra for a fat guy size seat, which there are on 99% of flights.....

Or would you like a more expensive cattle class seat to fit YOUR size and give a reduction to average size folk....?

Sounds rather complicated to me, so it's all down to YOUR size paying extra in posh class, sorry about that...........:coffee1:

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought they did provide seats to suit Mr & Mrs average, which will relate to the cost of that seat.

Now if YOU are a fat bloke, then YOU should pay extra for a fat guy size seat, which there are on 99% of flights.....

Or would you like a more expensive cattle class seat to fit YOUR size and give a reduction to average size folk....?

Sounds rather complicated to me, so it's all down to YOUR size paying extra in posh class, sorry about that...........:coffee1:

You thought wrong.

Seat sizes and seat spacing have gotten smaller, while at the same time average sizes and heights of people have increased.

Seat sizes are set to get smaller still.

People in this thread who claim

to have flown regularly over many rears have either mysteriously not noticed seat sizes and spacing shrinking or are choosing to ignore it as a contributing factor to passengers becoming (don’t laugh) ‘the victim’ of other people’s obesity.

But you are correct ‘Cattle Class’, airlines are making a choice here. Their profits over your comfort, so go ahead blame other passengers, you know it makes sense.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You thought wrong.

Seat sizes and seat spacing have gotten smaller, while at the same time average sizes and heights of people have increased.

to have flown regularly over many rears have either mysteriously not noticed seat sizes and spacing shrinking or are choosing to ignore it as a contributing factor to passengers becoming (don’t laugh) ‘the victim’ of other people’s obesity.

But you are correct ‘Cattle Class’, airlines are making a choice here. Their profits over your comfort, so go ahead blame other passengers, you know it makes sense.

Perhaps us normal size folk haven't noticed, or perhaps those who want to fly cheap understand how it can be done cheaper and accept their seat size.

But, those of YOUR size will always complain about their botty having a problem, with no concern on having their elbows stuck up a neighbour's nose whilst eating their cattle nosh......

Your type should cough up, and sit posh class.....................????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps us normal size folk haven't noticed, or perhaps those who want to fly cheap understand how it can be done cheaper and accept their seat size.

But, those of YOUR size will always complain about their botty having a problem, with no concern on having their elbows stuck up a neighbour's nose whilst eating their cattle nosh......

Your type should cough up, and sit posh class.....................????

I’m not sure what you mean by “those of YOUR size”

Perhaps a baseless personal attack, and so soon already.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, ThailandRyan said:

As long as the flight attendant knows her job, and can accomplish it with no issues, how and why is their weight an issue.  Sounds to me like they only want the thin and pretty ones, and or have a few they were looking for a way to terminate.  Just my opinion however.

I agree with the Thai(anti-woke) policies. We can advertise here for young, attractive women with no fried egg boobs, if we want. 

• Thanks 1

I have no sympathy for overweight people if they ask to be supersized every time the go to McDonalds. 

If someone has an over active gland or can't exercise for health reasons, not. 

I was sat next to a drunk woman from London on my last trip to the UK, and I didn't mind in the slightest, as she was obviously suffering from a disease.  One can argue that overeaters have a disease and  I agree to a point.  

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You thought wrong.

'People in this thread who claim

to have flown regularly over many rears have either mysteriously not noticed seat sizes'

shouldn't that read oversize rears?

????

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I don't think it is very polite to call fat people fatties anymore, they must now be referred to as 'over eaters'.

Sorry but you cannot call them that according to Gabor Lukacs, the founder of an organisation called "Air Passenger Rights". 'Being a large-size person is not a choice,' he says, 'as many people mistakenly believe.'

Apparently it is in their jeans sorry genes"!

There is an article in the DM on this;

TOM UTLEY: Why should airlines give a free extra seat to passengers too fat to sit in one? | Daily Mail Online