Uk 2nd Passport

thaiscot

Hi 

I am trying to apply for a 2nd uk passport whilst living in Thailand ( Online) , I have a letter from my employer  explaining  why I need a 2nd passport but have noticed that It says I have to send my 1st passport  to them ( I need it for work  that's  why I need a 2nd passport  ) I downloaded  & printed off the application  form which has a  " more  information  " part where you can state you are applying  for a 2nd passport but this isn't in the online  application 

I don't  want to apply for another  passport & they cancel my 1st one if they don't  know its a 2nd passport 

Anyone successfully  gotten a 2nd uk passport  online  ?

Cheers

26 minutes ago, thaiscot said:

as there is no such thing as a concurrent  uk passport but thanks anyeay

Wrong.

"A second UK passport is when an individual has two separate British passports simultaneously and can use both of them at that same time. This is different from dual citizenship and is also known as “concurrent passports”." Source.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Wrong.

"A second UK passport is when an individual has two separate British passports simultaneously and can use both of them at that same time. This is different from dual citizenship and is also known as “concurrent passports”." Source.

Yes that is exactly  what I want to apply for a 2nd passport, I don't  want a concurrent  passport I have to apply for a new passport  but tell them it is a 2nd passport  I'm applying  for

9 hours ago, thaiscot said:

Yes that is exactly  what I want to apply for a 2nd passport, I don't  want a concurrent  passport I have to apply for a new passport  but tell them it is a 2nd passport  I'm applying  for

If you apply for a second passport you will have 2 active passports, this is called concurrent.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What I meant is that in the uk it is known as a 2nd passport  it's not called a concurrent  passport , its also something  that is not really known about & not broadcasted as its only available  for certain  situations  ie business  travel & travel to conflicting countries  etc