Cheaptickets.co.th

BenStark

Yes, nothing wrong with them but only used them for local flights. Changes however in dates means full costs, but I assume it is the same with other providers

I use trip.com a lot as well as they have nice offers. Just check through skyscanner.co.th and you will get mostly all offers available

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jumbo said:

Yes, nothing wrong with them but only used them for local flights. Changes however in dates means full costs, but I assume it is the same with other providers

I use trip.com a lot as well as they have nice offers. Just check through skyscanner.co.th and you will get mostly all offers available

Yes I use Skyscanner, but although I am aware that need to use private browser window to avoid they see your search history, I just discovered that isn't enough.

Today I changed my local MAC address, and presto the same flights from yesterday were 2000 baht cheaper.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Used agents before now always book with the airline, easier to sort problems out.

Wrong on two levels

Firstly normally agents will be cheaper than direct via the airline

Secondly and this is where so many get it wrong.... When you have an issue you then have available a two pronged attack to rectify it.

I use Travel Trolley....I had 2 occasions in the last decade where I had to make changes (on one occasion changing a "unchangeable" outbound date successfully )

TT went out of their way and rectified superbly issues twice that had nothing to do with them

Eva and Eithad in the noughties where I had booked direct were a nightmare to deal with on changes. Never ever again would I book direct

Notwithstanding that point the airlines holds the contract to transport you once the amadeus booking reference is uploaded and you can go straight to them if you'd rather avoid the agent anyway

One of the biggest myths out there is the reasoning behind booking direct with the airline

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Well here is my update of my booking.

I first selected cheaptickets.co.th as it was 900 baht cheaper than with the airline.

Throughout the booking process I got constantly buggered to add extras, literally on each following page, which I all rejected.

Then at the checkout they wanted to charge 765 baht for using virtually any payment method, including credit/debit cards and paypal. Thanks but for 135 baht difference I don't take the risk of getting a bogged booking.

Goodbye cheaptickets.co.th, get lost please

I then selected Trip.com, which was 300 baht cheaper than direct, but instead of the 40 kg checked luggage I got 35 kg outbound and 23 kg inbound.

Goodbye trip.com, get lost

So I ended up booking direct with Etihad, and got 40 kg checked luggage both ways, maximum 32 kg per each bag

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

Wrong on two levels

Firstly normally agents will be cheaper than direct via the airline

Secondly and this is where so many get it wrong.... When you have an issue you then have available a two pronged attack to rectify it.

I use Travel Trolley....I had 2 occasions in the last decade where I had to make changes (on one occasion changing a "unchangeable" outbound date successfully )

TT went out of their way and rectified superbly issues twice that had nothing to do with them

Eva and Eithad in the noughties where I had booked direct were a nightmare to deal with on changes. Never ever again would I book direct

Notwithstanding that point the airlines holds the contract to transport you once the amadeus booking reference is uploaded and you can go straight to them if you'd rather avoid the agent anyway

One of the biggest myths out there is the reasoning behind booking direct with the airline

Nonsense. Always had the cheapest flights with LCC direct. Had cheaper with Singapore and Thai via agents. This has always been the case.