Will I get issue when applying for work permit?

Hello!

previously I studied in a uni in Bangkok and graduated in 2020. But when I left the country, I didn’t cancel my non ED visa and just leave by plane.

right now I got an offer to work in Bangkok, my concern is, will this be an issue for obtaining work permit?

Thank you and hopefully someone can give more insight about this

• Like 1

I can't give you an accurate answer, but I think you have good reasons to be concerned.

Soon my employment from one company will end and my business visa extension expires a few days before the end of the month. I thought: Fine. I will leave on the last day. All done.

No, not really. I was informed, independently by two accountants, that my visa extension, which anyhow ends, has to be cancelled. If it is not cancelled, then this will be a problem when I apply for a new business visa for a new company in the future. Strange - at least I think it is strange. 

I guess inform your new employer about that history so that maybe they can prepare extra documents or do whatever has to be done.

30 minutes ago, godofwine said:

I didn’t cancel my non ED visa and just leave by plane.

No problem.

Would be perhaps different reply if you left without cancelling a work permit. 

You were studying not working.

Correct? 

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I can't give you an accurate answer, but I think you have good reasons to be concerned.

Soon my employment from one company will end and my business visa extension expires a few days before the end of the month. I thought: Fine. I will leave on the last day. All done.

No, not really. I was informed, independently by two accountants, that my visa extension, which anyhow ends, has to be cancelled. If it is not cancelled, then this will be a problem when I apply for a new business visa for a new company in the future. Strange - at least I think it is strange. 

I guess inform your new employer about that history so that maybe they can prepare extra documents or do whatever has to be done.

Yes, I wasn’t aware about it because I thought leaving the country would automatically cancel my visa and I didn’t find any problem at DMK immigration. However my friend just informed me about this and I’m pretty concerned 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem.

Would be perhaps different reply if you left without cancelling a work permit. 

You were studying not working.

Correct? 

Yes I studied for my master. However one of my friends was asked to cancel his visa at Chaeng Wattana to proceed the work permit. Meanwhile my other friend didn’t have any issue at Nonthaburi immigration for her work permit application.

They both didn’t cancel their visa

• Like 1