Is Anxiety a Pre-Existing Condition?

omnipresent

During and after the COVID-19 pandemic anxiety has been a big issue for people around the world for many reasons. I myself have noticeably felt more anxious than before.

So when applying for health insurance, should we declare anxiety if we do often feel anxious?

What complicates things is that I visited cannabis clinics to try cannabis oil to feel more relaxed. Should such visits be declared in insurance applications? Would anxiety then be a pre-existing condition that I have?

Edited by omnipresent
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, omnipresent said:

I myself have noticeably felt more anxious than before.

get physically active. play sports.

listen to classical music. 

go for massages. 

don't read the daily news. turn off the TV. 

try not to worry about Covid too much. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I spent most of my time after March 2020 trying to understand why I was one of only a handful of people not freaking out and displaying clinical symptoms of anxiety disorder.  The majority thought they were going to die for sure.  I never felt that the entire dog and pony show was going to be anything but an exercise in social control.  And I've no anxiety about future "population killing global pandemics" or the apocalyptic end of the world due to global warming.  All I need to do is look at the billionaire class: they don't mask, they don't social distance, they own scads of beach-front properties, they fly private jets everywhere while Joe Sixpack is told to stay in a 15 minute city and ride a bike.  Taking my cue from them, there is nothing to worry about other then media induced irrational fear of (insert what the MSM is telling you to fear today), and billionaire class' insistence on the implementation of a totalitarian dystopia for the rest of us.
"You'll own nothing, obey your overlords, and be happy - or else.  And enjoy the crickets.  Yum yum."

My suggestion?
Well, go see a psychiatrist and ask for some anxiety meds - or - develop a new world-view. 
It's difficult to be anxious and cynical at the same time.

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

There is not such thing. it´s a choice to not constantly worry about things. Most of them, you can´t change anyway. It is what it is!

An invented and created Farang thing. 

Think too much about everything. 

A terribly developed Occidental siwilai manner.????????

• Haha 2

You certainly should report it and get it managed.

From Healthline:

Some studies suggest that experiencing anxiety could increase the risk of developing certain long-term physical health problems, including diabetes, stomach ulcers and heart problems.

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You certainly should report it and get it managed.

From Healthline:

Some studies suggest that experiencing anxiety could increase the risk of developing certain long-term physical health problems, including diabetes, stomach ulcers and heart problems.

The issue isn't whether to get treatment for anxiety, it's about whether, having experienced anxiety (and not having been treated for it yet) it needs to be declared as a pre-existing condition when applying for health insurance.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

whether, having experienced anxiety (and not having been treated for it yet) it needs to be declared as a pre-existing condition when applying for health insurance.

Yes, or whether having been to a clinic to get some cannabis to be more relaxed should be declared when applying for insurance.

Maybe people didn't notice that this thread is in the insurance subforum. But I probably should have been more explicit in the title.

It's probably like how many people drink some beer to get more relaxed, but I much prefer the feeling of cannabis, and I think it's better for health.

If I had known beforehand that getting some cannabis from a clinic to feel less anxious would actually be an issue when later applying for insurance I wouldn't have done so.

Edited by omnipresent

7 hours ago, connda said:

I spent most of my time after March 2020 trying to understand why I was one of only a handful of people not freaking out and displaying clinical symptoms of anxiety disorder.  The majority thought they were going to die for sure.  I never felt that the entire dog and pony show was going to be anything but an exercise in social control.  And I've no anxiety about future "population killing global pandemics" or the apocalyptic end of the world due to global warming.  All I need to do is look at the billionaire class: they don't mask, they don't social distance, they own scads of beach-front properties, they fly private jets everywhere while Joe Sixpack is told to stay in a 15 minute city and ride a bike.  Taking my cue from them, there is nothing to worry about other then media induced irrational fear of (insert what the MSM is telling you to fear today), and billionaire class' insistence on the implementation of a totalitarian dystopia for the rest of us.
"You'll own nothing, obey your overlords, and be happy - or else.  And enjoy the crickets.  Yum yum."

My suggestion?
Well, go see a psychiatrist and ask for some anxiety meds - or - develop a new world-view. 

So is that "Yes" it qualifies as pre-existing condition, or "No" it doesn't?

If anxiety is on your health record with your GP/Family Doctor/Hospital then it should be declared on insurance application. The insurer may decline cover entirely, limit coverage to exclude any claim for anxiety, or (almost certainly), increase the premium charged for insurance. If anxiety is not on your records, then do not declare it.

8 hours ago, connda said:

My suggestion?

You felt elevated and superior compared to the rest of the sheapless right? Gotcha 

6 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The issue isn't whether to get treatment for anxiety, it's about whether, having experienced anxiety (and not having been treated for it yet) it needs to be declared as a pre-existing condition when applying for health insurance.

If there is no record, No, you do not tell the insurance company! Simple as that

Edited by Hummin
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, omnipresent said:

If I had known beforehand that getting some cannabis from a clinic to feel less anxious would actually be an issue when later applying for insurance I wouldn't have done so.

I can see your anxiety level, most of us wouldn't be concerned about this, insurers may have access to hospital records but not cannabis clinics.

BTW check your insurance policy, i recall reading terms for one insurer that didn't even cover anxiety related conditions

11 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

There is not such thing. it´s a choice to not constantly worry about things. Most of them, you can´t change anyway. It is what it is!

"Most of them, you can´t change anyway...."

So how is anxiety a choice.

I suffer from anxiety as an element of severe PTSD from my active service in VN. Also panic.

Yes it comes and goes and I have no control over these conditions. It's not a choice I make.

Edited by scorecard