I think I got scammed by a girl from a dating website!

kaleyho

Don't waste any more of your time regards police. Looks like you got off lightly; if you'd have made it to the hotel with that misfit, would likely be in for a LOT more. Generally not a good idea to go out on the lash before a flight, too, but each to their own. ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, swm59nj said:

These types of scams are common all over.  Not just Thailand.  You just have to be careful. If it sounds too good to be true it usually isn’t 

It usually is, you mean!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kaleyho said:

Sometime during the conversation she mentioned it is for  4 people ( but we were only 2). She said a table's minimum was 4 people.

Which is quite common, if you are not four you still pay for four and get food and drinks for four. If the drinks comes in bottles, you can take the bottle(s) with you home with the remaining drink...????

However, in the present story, it seems like you meet a so-called gold-digger that lost interest in you, when the mine emptied...:whistling:

• Like 1

My misses used to run a bar/restaurant scam in BK, she said almost every bar or restaurant would participate.

She'd enter alone, sit at a table alone with a new bottle of whiskey from the bar.

Along would come a Thai guy and ask through a waiter if he could buy her a drink.

She'd reply, can he pay for my bottle .......... which would disappear back behind the bar.

Then she'd eat and drink at his expense all evening, and the waiter would give her half the cost of the bottle which the bar would then sell again.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

That is 3000 b of value right there.  Maybe all 8k. 555

Those there are good girls, just trying to stay off the pole and getting that medical degree so that they can open a practice back in the village. Look at how surprised and confused they look after they accidentally took that photo.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

My wife was very traditional and we had many such dates. She would ask first and for me it was ok. I enjoyed the company and meeting her friends as well. There was no scam about it, we did not go to silly cultural shows as the OP, but it was expected that I pay the tab and I knew that when I asked her out. It was never expensive for me. 

"Expensive" ..? I bet it WAS in the end! ????

Never go out for a first time with a gal who wants an expensive dinner and drinks may well be a scam for freebies then they hit the clubs later for a real handsome man.  I would block them immediately. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

Then she told me she wanted to take me to a restaurant that has Thai cultural shows in Bangkok but that restaurant needed a deposit of 3000 Baht

I would have asked her "Are YOU taking me to this restaurant or am I TAKING YOU?"

If she claims she's taking you then tell her she can pay.

If she says she's taking you, but YOU NEED TO PAY tell her to <deleted> off hoser. ????

• Like 1

I could have been scammed more or may have been taken to unknown place.....killed, mugged...who knows. 

What pathetic dramatics. she would have taken you for every penny she could and disappeared, not killed you, 

• Like 1