I think I got scammed by a girl from a dating website!

kaleyho

7 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It is part of the culture to bring a friend along on a first date... it is safer for the lady and if she is serious about a relationship, then she gets to have her friends opinion too. My wife was very traditional and we had many such dates. She would ask first and for me it was ok. I enjoyed the company and meeting her friends as well. There was no scam about it, we did not go to silly cultural shows as the OP, but it was expected that I pay the tab and I knew that when I asked her out. It was never expensive for me. 

Maybe, IF meeting traditional female from a lower socio-economic demographic and perhaps those who have no confidence in their ability to evaluate their perspective date, they want 'backup'.... 

But in this case.....  She was just another working girl trying to fleece her mark... So many obvious red-flags throughout the story.

It's amazing guys lack the power to draw a line and as soon as that line is even remotely approached they cannot walk away.... 

- First flag, drink and stay over (IF the Op is, she most certainly isn't looking for a long term relationship).

- Cultural show / deposit ???? never even heard of such a thing.

9 hours ago, kaleyho said:

She wanted to get drunk ( red flag?) and then spend the night with me at a nice hotel I was staying at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Why not? They look simply lovely. Surprising what a bit of Sellotape can do.

They are cute as <deleted> but that is not the point. If the poster took the picture thenselves, reposting it a <deleted>ty thing to do.  If they are reposting, then its simply pathetic.    

8 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Why would you feel the need to post that?

To cheer up us forum members...    Perhaps you'd like a photo of a lovely beach and romantic sunset but that would fall out of context... 

OMF clearly has a full catalogue of such photos !!!! :giggle:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Too old, too young, what rocks your boat?

Maybe I can find something just for you. ???? 

Maybe you like Elianeck's creations

blonde_world_by_elianeck-d96l35g.jpg.873ab202aba7f39eb98b5fac369a9840.jpg

The women are fine, its you i find wanting. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Did she turn out the light when you were having sex? This is a clear sign she doesn't want to see you, if possible.

I don't want to brag, but over the years I had hundreds of "meetings". I don't think any girl ever cared about the light on or off or whatever.

7 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

It is part of the culture to bring a friend along on a first date... it is safer for the lady and if she is serious about a relationship, then she gets to have her friends opinion too. My wife was very traditional and we had many such dates. She would ask first and for me it was ok. I enjoyed the company and meeting her friends as well. There was no scam about it, we did not go to silly cultural shows as the OP, but it was expected that I pay the tab and I knew that when I asked her out. It was never expensive for me. 

Exactly, the friend gets a free lunch etc they are scamming some guys

Meet on internet site.

First in person "date" she says "Oh, you so hansum.  We get drunk and screw."

Followed by "You give me money now."

Then soon thereafter "Ok, Joe, you give me more money now.  You numbah one!"

When you hesitate she asks "You no wanna screw?"

No, no red flags there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Consider yourself fortunate. She seems to have been quite cunning. Alot of guys would have gone in hook, line and sinker. We have all heard far worse horror stories.

I stopped dating a long time ago. But, when I did date, my limit was a 30 minute meeting at a coffee shop. If I liked her, we could extend that. If not, see ya!

• Like 1

A reported post discussing prostitution and a post making defamatory & libelous claims have been removed.

7. You will not post defamatory or libelous comments. Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person or business to suffer harm or loss. A statement does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either as a drawing, picture, painting, motion picture, film, or letters made visible by any means or by broadcasting, dissemination or propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand and elsewhere in ASEAN.

29. You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Although Thailand has a visible sex industry and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ASEAN NOW is not the place to seek or give information on this topic. ASEAN NOW seeks to protect children and other at risk groups from exploitation on the internet. Any content that appears to be inappropriate or exploitative will be removed.

• Love It 1

52 minutes ago, n00dle said:

its not a date when you pay

Or, to put it another way, if you're paying her, she's not your date / girlfriend, you're HER customer!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

what is your point?

Exactly what i said - to put it more clearly, (just for you) if you think you're out on a date and are asked for money, other than for the food, drink, etc then you're actually with a hooker - anywhere in the world. Clear enough for you?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, kaleyho said:

I thought of calling police and reporting... but I didn't because, I had an early flight next morning and I felt it was not worth fighting for 3K Baht.

Shouldn't tell any 'fun-time girl' you are leaving the next day.

I've known 2 guys years ago who had their final bit of fun the night before they had to depart for home. They each got 2 girls each for the night. They had their flings and the next day in the morning realised some belongings were missing. One guy had a camera stolen, I can't recall what the other guy lost.

Both didn't have enough time to make a police report or to track them down. But both learned their lesson on their next visits here.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You have to be skeptical on those dates, i had one where she brought a friend, too many suckers out there who just pay for anything. The 3k invite should have been a big no thanks 

I enjoyed a few years back one of the many stories an AUS-US dude who had a site.. said.. in CM.. long story short ended up with 4-5 girls at restaurant.. they loaded the table right up.. he let em ask their friends and load up, excused himselt for toilet and did a runner... ha ha... good one, back at ya Biaches

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why are you trying to give directions to another member about how he presents his own OP?

because i'm a control freak

...about things you could never have any control over.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Yup there was a scam going on and you should know it.

IF they start talking about money for seems like innocent things.

There are scams and they are way more worse, you can end up beaten or even dead.

And they can be in all countries and not only by women.

You know the jetski scam in Thailand?! You take the jetski, come back later and then they say you damaged the jetski, as you didnt check the jetski. But they want you to pay.

But there are also longterm scams. You marry a woman, they live on you and after some years (maybe even 20 years) they divorce from you, get the money and pension and leave. Heard this story, 2 Philippines sisters, married with same nation guys. After being married long time and the guys working , the guys went for pension and they were planning on what to do as for travelling. However the sisters had other plans, they divorced, got all money out and went back to Philippines to have good live, single.

NAh, just red some further in Asian now

https://aseannow.com/topic/1298297-go-go-bar-guards-on-pattaya-walking-street-allegedly-attack-russian-man-who-refused-to-pay-his-bill/

That also could be a scam, you go and drink there. You get the bill presented, which is real high comparing to what you drank. If you dont pay then some guys will come and beat you up. The bill maybe would be $20, but you end up with bill of $800. It is also a world running scam.

Edited by xtrnuno41
additional txt