Thai economy stimulus: Government plans 1.9 trillion baht boost during government transition

webfact

14 hours ago, webfact said:

government action in response to shrinking exports

he/they had 10 years to do something, they didn't do shxxx  ... and now they waited the last couple days in the office to think about exports, lower the damn baht let it fall,  no currency manipulation, exports and tourism will increase

7 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

In the midst of a surge in inflation, increasing the money supply seems ill-advised.

And this seems to be a universal practice to curb inflation. 

Creating false wealth out of thin air comes back to bite the more productive sectors/markets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

maybe the current care taker government, there is some space left in their pockets that needs to be filled up

Sure. They're probably working on it as we speak.....

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Seems the baht is already reacting; just today 1% weaker vs. most currencies. 

Continuing a longer trend... it has been weakening for 10 days now. Dare we Expats get optimistic.

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

he/they had 10 years to do something, they didn't do shxxx  ... and now they waited the last couple days in the office to think about exports, lower the damn baht let it fall,  no currency manipulation, exports and tourism will increase

Gas, Gasoline and Electric will be even more expensive if the Baht is devalued

16 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

And this seems to be a universal practice to curb inflation. 

Creating false wealth out of thin air comes back to bite the more productive sectors/markets. 

Curbing inflation with printing more money....I ask myself if that is pure incompetence and populism or some big conspiration to crash the money system to introduce the CBDC?

I am undecided.

16 hours ago, sherwood said:

Here comes the Submarines, and a couple of required tug boats.

This country is a mad house.

What was that about someone fiddling whilst the country burned.

Hang the lot of em.

Start at the very top, the dirty counts.

The country isn't burning....It is all OKish...Could be better but could be worse

On 6/22/2023 at 4:02 AM, smedly said:

you had 10 years in office to make a difference, you should not be allowed to do this, it is for the new government to approve budgets this massive

They are NOT allowed to do this.

They are a caretaker government and they are not allowed to initiate ANY projects that involve any expenditure to the incoming government.

Having said that they are a coup government, and simply ignore any laws that they don't like, or that will not benefit them directly.

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Having said that they are a coup government, and simply ignore any laws that they don't like, or that will not benefit them directly.

exactly, they will do anything now to destroy the future of this country, the people gave them a very clear message - ## off, i don't think they are taking it well, I think prayuth actually thought he was popular - how delusional was that, 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, smedly said:

exactly, they will do anything now to destroy the future of this country, the people gave them a very clear message - ## off, i don't think they are taking it well, I think prayuth actually thought he was popular - how delusional was that, 

it happens when you surround yourself with people who agree with everything you say.

I think that they are called sycophants.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sycophants+meaning&sxsrf=APwXEdczX6iLmzuOisw9jt0Ta79LKPMO7Q%3A1687505513053&source=hp&ei=aUqVZLidAeHm2roP_Jy_sAk&iflsig=AOEireoAAAAAZJVYeS3znZ4xYydfE4H1IMcBtoBaHLpN&oq=psycophants&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6Igtwc3ljb3BoYW50cyoCCAEyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGAoyBxAAGIAEGApI3T9QAFjeKnAAeACQAQCYAakCoAGmDKoBBTMuNy4xuAEByAEA-AEBwgIHEC4YigUYJ8ICBBAjGCfCAgcQIxiKBRgnwgILEAAYgAQYsQMYgwHCAggQLhiABBixA8ICBRAAGIAEwgILEAAYigUYsQMYgwHCAggQABiABBixA8ICCxAuGIAEGLEDGIMBwgINEAAYgAQYsQMYgwEYCsICChAAGIAEGLEDGArCAgoQLhiABBixAxgKwgINEC4YgAQYsQMYgwEYCsICBxAuGIAEGArCAgwQABiABBgKGEYY-QE&sclient=gws-wiz

a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.

"because he is high-ranking, he's surrounded by sycophants"