Marriage Visa extension - Nonthaburi Imm

Just getting all my docs ready for my yearly visit to Nonthaburi Imm for my Marriage extention renewal and was wondering from any members doing their extention recently that they still accept the normal TM 7 form because last year they made me fill in another type of form ??? thanks for yr kind feedback,

Book an appointment to save waiting in line and make sure you print out two copies of the appointment, to hand the IMO on arrival. 

Make sure your application is in blue ink and not black, otherwise you will have to rewrite it, which is what happened to me. 

This year they wanted the usual updated bankbook, a letter from my bank, but they also wanted a statement of my account, eventhough it was an invested account....no if's or buts!

I have been doing visa extensions for 20 years at Nonthaburi and not once have I been able to get through without something being wrong.

Next year I'm reverting back to an extension based on Retirement. The marriage visa is just too much of a hassle and twice the paperwork. The biggest draw back is the extra 400,000baht in the bank for the retirement extension.

Best of luck!

12 hours ago, Thai Wally said:

Book an appointment to save waiting in line and make sure you print out two copies of the appointment, to hand the IMO on arrival. 

Make sure your application is in blue ink and not black, otherwise you will have to rewrite it, which is what happened to me. 

This year they wanted the usual updated bankbook, a letter from my bank, but they also wanted a statement of my account, eventhough it was an invested account....no if's or buts!

I have been doing visa extensions for 20 years at Nonthaburi and not once have I been able to get through without something being wrong.

Next year I'm reverting back to an extension based on Retirement. The marriage visa is just too much of a hassle and twice the paperwork. The biggest draw back is the extra 400,000baht in the bank for the retirement extension.

Best of luck!

FAKE NEWS!!!!  The OP clearly stated this was at Nonthaburi Immigration.  Where does your story come from?  To the OP, bring the required documents and go outside to make copies if needed.  Don't worry about what color of a pen you have.  There are plenty of pens provided and the staff is generally helpful at Nonthaburi.  I have never had a problem and they have even helped me out when I was caught off-guard.  Don't listen to this fear-mongerer.  He may or may not be speaking from experience, but certainly not Nonthaburi.  Unless they just sent him on a wild goose chase because he was an @$$hole.  I've never seen it happen.

14 hours ago, Thai Wally said:

Best of luck!

They now at CW also require a copy of your current 90  report.  

2 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

FAKE NEWS!!!!  The OP clearly stated this was at Nonthaburi Immigration.  Where does your story come from?  To the OP, bring the required documents and go outside to make copies if needed.  Don't worry about what color of a pen you have.  There are plenty of pens provided and the staff is generally helpful at Nonthaburi.  I have never had a problem and they have even helped me out when I was caught off-guard.  Don't listen to this fear-mongerer.  He may or may not be speaking from experience, but certainly not Nonthaburi.  Unless they just sent him on a wild goose chase because he was an @$$hole.  I've never seen it happen.

He did say, "I have been doing visa extensions for 20 years at Nonthaburi"

3 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

So for 20yrs you have got it wrong and blame them.

I'll say no more.

Take everything with you, and both color pens, and plenty of change for copies, we forgot one document last time that we didnt think was neeed, and had to repeat the whole process again the next day.

I'm just dreaming of the day the new government targets immigration, removing the corruption and giving them some incentive to actually do a decent job, and all the non-sense stops - blue pen today, black pen tomorrow, full duplex forms today, single side tomorrow, google maps no good, do a crappy hand drawn one, photos are not on gloss paper, your bank statement has the wrong address, i need your tm30 receipt from last time even though I have all that info on the computer

7 minutes ago, farang9392 said:

I'm just dreaming of the day the new government targets immigration, removing the corruption and giving them some incentive to actually do a decent job

Lets be honest they could get rid of 99.9% of immigration staff today
we have had the tech for a very long time to replace them
however keeping immigration staff keeps a good few families employed.