Retirement extension Bangkok using income

Umm...

Where to start..

A TM30 should not be required.

Bank statements from previous day/s would have been accepted.

BTW the bank clerk will provide photocopy of updated bankbook.

CW require update on day of application. A small deposit is best option

Seems you used income method due to stuff you made using money in bank method.

For my extensions based on retirement at CW I have not provided hand drawn map.

The appointment system works like clockwork. 

Make sure you take hard copy of confirmation email.

Just walk past que desk to L32 desk.

Suggest to others...an appointment say 11am arrive 9am to obtain banking requirements and you will exit prior to lunch break. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Umm...

Where to start..

Suggest to others...an appointment say 11am arrive 9am to obtain banking requirements and you will exit prior to lunch break. 

Retirement extension, had appointment, arrived 10,45 L1 checked documents, then to L32 officer thorough and business like, all finished and passport returned by 11,50.  Good service.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Umm...

Where to start..

TM30 receipt was removed from PP and copied by IO Officer when I did not provide few years ago and have provided and it accepted since.

I normally provide Google map - forgot so made a hand drawn at desk.

Bank statement was from 12 June (requested) but not obtained until 20 June and covered period mid June 22 until 10 June 23.  BBL has never provided same day statements for more than six months.  Cost 200 baht.

What is required at CW is letter of account ownership and updated balance and passbook update - which does not require any deposit or withdrawal at BBL.  But letter costs 100 baht.  Bank does not provide photocopy in my experience.

I have 800k in bank in the event there is an issue proving income. 

As stated I did not know when I would have documents so did not want to make an appointment unused (and prevent someone else from having).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mokwit said:

.....but it is best to have it with you in case it is....................

Bit difficult for me.

10 years dealing with CW and have never provided TM30.

Have never even done one.

Strangely my last extension (Nov last yr) the doc check chick wanted TM47 receipt..

Never required previously 

Edited by DrJack54

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit difficult for me.

10 years dealing with CW and have never provided TM30.

Have never even done one.

Strangely my last extension (Nov last yr) the doc check chick wanted TM47 receipt..

Never required previously 

Do you provide a lease contract by chance?

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you provide a lease contract by chance?

Yes.

First ever extension at CW I provided a lease.

Have stayed same condo since then so no change of address required.

I always have lease copy with me often not required.

Seems that now CW now want most recent TM47.

I provided that recently at CW for a certificate of residence. 

Also required for most recent extension..

Never previously.

Off topic advice to anyone needing a certificate of residence at CW.

Wait till your 90 day window is open for report.

Book an appointment for 90 day report and same io same desk will do your report and photocopy TM47 and process your certificate of residence. 

Edited by DrJack54

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Umm...

Where to start..

No where to start. He was outling what he did successfully so need to explain how he should do it as it was done already

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

First ever extension at CW I provided a lease.

Have stayed same condo since then so no change of address required.

I always have lease copy with me often not required.

Seems that now CW now want most recent TM47.

I provided that recently at CW for a certificate of residence. 

Also required for most recent extension..

Never previously.

Off topic advice to anyone needing a certificate of residence at CW.

Wait till your 90 day window is open for report.

Book an appointment for 90 day report and same io same desk will do your report and photocopy TM47 and process your certificate of residence. 

I have never had a lease (wife allows me to stay with her).  

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

I have never had a lease (wife allows me to stay with her).  

We see many folk opting for extension based on retirement that have option of based on marriage.

Guess it's just down to less requirements and paperwork. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

We see many folk opting for extension based on retirement that have option of based on marriage.

Also on health of spouse.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not always.

I was refused a marriage extension, despite having my wife and our 2 kids with us.

We provided copies of Khor Rhor 2 and Khor Rhor 3, they wanted to view my "affirmation of freedom to marry" which was retained by the Amper when we registered the marriage and "misfiled", which was attested to by the head of the Amper.

They were still of the view no affirmation no marriage, you go retirement or go away.

I think the problem lay with the Senior IO, he didn't want to do the paperwork involved in granting a marriage extension and I was able to transfer to retirement, had only that year turned 50.

that sounds like my average visit, arrive around the time the doors open (8:30 to 9:00), passport taken before lunch but get back after lunch.  i went in oct 2022 w/o an appointment and i was done by 10:30am.  at 9:00am i got a queue number in the 20's.  usually it is 50 or more.  i'll do the appt route this oct. 

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I normally provide Google map - forgot so made a hand drawn at desk.

Each year at BKK CW, and for many past years, I've always provided them with a Google Maps printout of my home area, computer annotated to show directions to my home from the main road.

It's always been accepted without issue or comment.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Jack, I'm a bit confused  about your comment above. At BKK CW, the 90 day report section and the certificate of residence section are two different sections, although physically adjoining each other.

Are you saying the officers in the 90-day reports room in the front corner area also will issue certificates of residence... even though the CofR section/counter is outside the 90 day reports room up against the wall?

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm one of those... eligible for both.... But, I started out on retirement before I was married, so it's just seemed easier to continue on with the same rather than trying to switch over to marriage and then have to deal with the it's "under consideration" waiting period.

Also, there's something reasonably permanent about my retirement status... Whereas with marriage, there's always the possibility/risk of a spouse's death and/or divorce complicating things in the future.

39 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Are you saying the officers in the 90-day reports room in the front corner area also will issue certificates of residence... even though the CofR section/counter is outside the 90 day reports room up against the wall?

Yes.

As I understand things ...you cannot make appointment for COR at CW.

I needed the COR for TDL renewal.

So I made the appointment for 90 day report as I had trouble with online at that time..

The ticket lady at far right side of front desk just prior to 90 day report area gave me ticket with appointment time.

Saw the io and showed her both applications. 

She did the 90 Report and photocopied the TM47 Receipt and then processed the COR. 200b.

I received the COR via mail 5 days later.. 

This was done few weeks ago. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As I understand things ...you cannot make appointment for COR at CW.

I needed the COR for TDL renewal.

So I made the appointment for 90 day report as I had trouble with online at that time..

The ticket lady at far right side of front desk just prior to 90 day report area gave me ticket with appointment time.

Funny, I was also there a couple months back for an in person 90 day report and a COR I needed for a DL application.

I didn't know it beforehand, but the queue line at the far right end of the front lobby queue tickets counter is where they require people to have their COR paperwork checked before they'll issue you a queue ticket for the COR section.

I initially lined up at the first couple lines as you come in from outside, where I'd normally get my retirement extension queue ticket, and when I got to the front, was told NO, you have to go down to the right end of the front counter and have your COR paperwork checked there, and then that officer will issue you a queue ticket for the COR section.

On my visit that day, I had no idea it might be possible to get the COR handled by the officers in the 90-day reports room. So I never showed them my COR paperwork. Just completed the 90-day report process, and then went outside to do the COR separately.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

On my visit that day, I had no idea it might be possible to get the COR handled by the officers in the 90-day reports room. So I never showed them my COR paperwork. Just completed the 90-day report process, and then went outside to do the COR separately

The lady io that did my 90 day report didn't bat an eye when I showed her both applications.

Put the COR form to one side and processed the Report.

Was pleasantly surprised when she photocopied the TM47 .

That's needed for the COR and she saved me trip downstairs  to photocopy stall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Each year at BKK CW, and for many past years, I've always provided them with a Google Maps printout of my home area, computer annotated to show directions to my home from the main road.

It's always been accepted without issue or comment.

It has always been a mystery to me as to why CW insist on the provision of any sort of map for retirement (as opposed to marriage) extension applications. Do they actually make use of any of them for home visits? If not then this strikes me as pure roguery for pure roguery's sake (and IMHO on a par with Jomtien's requirement for those using the 800k method for retirement extensions to return after 3 months with evidence that the balance hasn't dipped a single satang below 800k in the meantime).

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

It has always been a mystery to me as to why CW insist on the provision of any sort of map for retirement (as opposed to marriage) extension applications. Do they actually make use of any of them for home visits? If not then this strikes me as pure roguery for pure roguery's sake (and IMHO on a par with Jomtien's requirement for those using the 800k method for retirement extensions to return after 3 months with evidence that the balance hasn't dipped a single satang below 800k in the meantime).

Immigration reserve the right to turn up at your reported residence at any time to verify that the information you have provided was accurate. In places like Bangkok, they rarely do so. However, it is not that rare in some places up country.

21 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I think the problem lay with the Senior IO, he didn't want to do the paperwork involved in granting a marriage extension

YOU provide the paperwork for either extension, the IO just checks it. Actually the marriage is slightly less work really, as the account balance is far easier to check.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

YOU provide the paperwork for either extension, the IO just checks it. Actually the marriage is slightly less work really, as the account balance is far easier to check.

If you say so, guess your retirement not on marriage, the IO has to interview the wife, write up a report on said interview, at the time I was on marriage there were a number of papers completed by the IO that you don't touch and I've never seen for retirement.

Then there is his recommendation report to higher "regional" authorities, following the home visit report if one is made (and I've had three).

Account balance - nothing is easier than an account that never has transactions, never changes balance. When on marriage was questioned a few times about what money we live on for the 3 months the 400K was tied up and asked to provide proof of other funds in another account, never been questioned the same under retirement.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

Immigration reserve the right to turn up at your reported residence at any time to verify that the information you have provided was accurate. In places like Bangkok, they rarely do so. However, it is not that rare in some places up country.

So presumably there are other offices which require maps to be provided for retirement extensions, although I can't recall any reports of them on here. Certainly I've never been asked for one by Rayong (although I do always include a map in my "just in case" bundle of supporting docs).

21 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So presumably there are other offices which require maps to be provided for retirement extensions, although I can't recall any reports of them on here. Certainly I've never been asked for one by Rayong (although I do always include a map in my "just in case" bundle of supporting docs).

You are correct.

For application for non O retirement from visa exempt or tourist visa entry it's possible that immigration would do home visit.

Regards annual extensions based on retirement it's VERY rare.

I recall years ago  Hua Hin immigration were doing home visits on USA citizens.

Vaguely recall some international conflict at the time. Very Vague.

So yeah doesn't happen.

Certainly not in Bangkok. 

Edited by DrJack54